The Rumour Thread

On 12/26/2018 at 6:14 PM, Ryan Taylor said:

No one is truely good. 

I agree. Death got a year. I would love to see this new entity of the bad moon come alive due to the necroquake. Just think though once Slaanesh is out very little reason to see the the gods armies for a while.

GW dosent make products on the basis of equality though. Look at how many space marines there are.

New Troggoths (still a stupid name) are pretty good. Kind of Jim Henson does Warhammer vibe. But they’re not a patch on the old Stone Trolls. Not much is mind.

Im actually most excited to see how brave they’ve been with the rules. Hoping for something properly mad.

Edited by Nos

These are amazing models. I’ve gone from thinking I could just quietly covet these grotz into definitely grabbing a load.

god I feel sorry for them having to deal with people leaking pics though. Someone will be getting righteously booted of the advance media list.

2 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Love all of it! Now with the everything for Gloomspite Gitz previewed by GW. I am curious if they will show something else at the open day?

Everything? Aren't there a few models missing for the preview? Maybe I am missing something. But there aren't any picture of the Dankhold Troggoths for example.

Edited by Infeston

Wow those models look amazing, I was never really a fan of the old Mangler model but the new model might just be one of the coolest models I've seen in a while and the Troggoths look infinitely better than the old version. It's going to be a rough January fighting off the urge to buy everything.

3 hours ago, RexHavoc said:

There are on the gloomspite facebook group or the reddit AoS page.
I would just post them here, but I think it would get nuked as they are leaked photos and not GW sanctioned ones.

The thing is, we would rather look at nice photos rather than dodgy ones which always look like they’ve been taken with a potato.

usually if you wait a few hours, GW community team deliver.... 😉

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/12/30/30th-dec-next-weeks-pre-orders-gloomspite-gitz/

• Like 1

I believe this is everything. They blew their load due to leaks.  A few observations questions:

What size bases are the two behemoths on? I am bad at judging but comparing to some models on the store I'd say 100mm?   Definitely out classes the resin manglers... 

One of the gobbapalooza is a scuttler. No new scuttler kits though.  And since silver tower is oop I don't suspect we will see a warscroll/pitched points.  Oh well.  

Is loonboss the new warboss? Or will we have both? I guess it's a replacement/ rename of the warscroll because I read "loonboss on squig" somewhere and there is no new model for it. 

omg , they are so packed with details. I was so-so on the trogs from the leaks, but they look superb, From the tiny bird trying to grab the worm and the trog wearing a dead grot as a loin cloth!

I could stare at these for hours and still find something new to look at. They really have knocked it out the park with this release. There are so many cool things all at once too. It's like an entirely new army, yet nothing from the old range will feel out of place with these models!

That Gobbapalooza  is amazing too! The poor chap that's having a bad time on the shrooms, hilarious!
I'm sadly not so keen on the Sneaky Snufflers, I'd preferred id they all had the baskets like the other chap as I like it more than the spiders. But hopefully it's just an easy conversion.

Just now, Gaz Taylor said:

The thing is, we would rather look at nice photos rather than dodgy ones which always look like they’ve been taken with a potato.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/12/30/30th-dec-next-weeks-pre-orders-gloomspite-gitz/

That's fine, that's why I didn't post them! The leaked photos in this day and age are a little silly, but I still think that GW know that they are going to be released and they have the other previews ready to go out as soon as someone does leak them!

• Like 2

So there still seem to be a few builds that haven’t got high def release images - Troggoth King and the pale Troggoth in the army image - but even if that’s it, I am loving this release. 

I am way too emotionally invested in the struggles of the tiny snotling on what I’m guessing is Boggleeyes base. 

Edited by ManlyMuppet88
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Cause and effect.  

We only get these additional official pics or surprise articles as people share leaks.

Let's not pretend otherwise, 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I‘ve decided that I‘ll get at least one of each of these, multiples being the Manglers, Dankhold Troggoths, and Hoppers. These are as close to a perfect release as I can think of.

I‘m very curious what will distinguish a Dankhold Troggboss from a regualr Troggoth though. Mollog looks tiny in comparison, maybe he ran off to Shadespire because he was bullied for being so wimpy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I always wonder who does the leaking 😉

Might Be part of the plan 😁

I legitimately ask myself this very often with leaks. I mean who would have gotten a copy of the book this early? 

It could be possible that it is GW themselves. Many companys adjust their strategies and take part in the leak game. 

But who knows.

Edited by Infeston

2 minutes ago, Infeston said:

I legitimately ask myself this very often with leaks. I mean who would have gotten a copy of the book this early? 

It could be possible that it is GW themselves. Many companys adjust their strategies and take part in the leak game. 

But who knows.

I believe that they do it themselves, but it could have been one of the youtubers/ reviews out there. They seem to be sending a lot more kit out to people early on, so they get promotion. People got the soul wars stuff early enough to have it painting to show off on release day.