The Rumour Thread

The 8 edition rebuilded models are safe, gustbusters aren't a exception. I think gw is going to do 3 armys of every race. I think goblins and gustbusters are in. 

Is just the death year, they need throw 1 or 2 death factions this year. Maybie night gooblins also, but next year is destruction year for sure, gw pulls order like a beast, but they want 4 grand factions not 3...

I dont think they throw out Slaves to darkness, ogors, seraphón, night gpoblins, spider gooblins, etc.

This has been ominous for TK (and our squat-buddies, the Brets) from the moment it was announced at Adepticon.

I believe dropping TK and Brets from pointed status is/was their intention.

Of course, nuGW are more responsive than the Kirby-era company, so a significant negative reponse could precipitate a u-turn in that regard.

Plus, i doubt we would even get our plastics kits in Made to Order, so, Ushabti aside, there wont be much upside there either.

Edited by Kyriakin

2 hours ago, Infeston said:

Now I fear that they will turn Gutbusters and eventually also Beastclaw Raiders into Legend factions, because they were not exclusively designed for AoS.

I don’t think you should worry, BCR would be nowhere having this happening to them, for a bunch of reasons: 

1) They’re in the fluff a lot. Nearly every Battletome has an instance of them fighting BCR and there’s art for around half of those fights. 

2) They have a Battletome, which signifies a long term investment in GW’s end. Plus they’re largely newer sculpts.

3) Theyre one of the poster boys for Destruction, and one of the most popular Destruction factions. 

4) There’s many tiers of army to get cut before you get to BCR. Compendium, then Grand Alliance only factions (Lion Rangers, Ironweld Etc), then non Battletome factions (wanderers, Free people’s). 

5) They’re really only some points adjustments away from being very powerful. 

Theres no really not much chance of them getting cut, so I wouldn’t worry :) 

• Like 1

People are spooked all over the Facebook posting and elsewhere. It seems points matter to most people.

Legends really needs it's own official  points ecosystem - especially now GW uas basically confirmed that curremt factions will fall into Legends.

I have shelved my Darkling Covens project now, as they must be in the cross-hairs in this regard and i know literally nobody who plays/played unpointed.

My other army, TK, are further along this road, obviously and I would be shocked if we had points in GHB18.

Edited by Kyriakin

1 hour ago, Kyriakin said:

People are spooked all over the Facebook posting and elsewhere. It seems points matter to most people.

Legends really needs it's own official  points ecosystem - especially now GW uas basically confirmed that curremt factions will fall into Legends.

I have shelved my Darkling Covens project now, as they must be in the cross-hairs in this regard and i know literally nobody who plays/played unpointed.

My other army, TK, are further along this road, obviously and I would be shocked if we had points in GHB18.

I am pretty confident your darkling Covens army is safe. If GW want a good time to retire factions like that they would do it now with the dark Elf release but they have not.  Any army that has a current place in the fluff will not go away any time soon. The current compendium armies are another matter.

In the future GW may make a new free peoples battletome with new minis for example. At that time some old minis will likely become warhammer legends only. 

GW has always gradually changed the models they sell. The difference is that from now on there will always be rules for those old models.

• Like 4

The biggest question is how they want to maintain it - Dark Elves - only few models were not avaiable in the new armies:

LHPpN6y.png

Also a good question is... where to get the scrolls for them now? The new compendium chaged the names - so basicaly are new units now.

Most of the compendiums are few old models, biggest problem is Bret & TK as they got compendium with points for whole armies - especialy designed for AOS by removing all Old World fluff connection & changing names to generic ones - will they put them in GHB 2k18? 

I'm also interested what is the change between the 2k15 compendium of the DE & the new one - did they really change anything or just re-post same file and call it new?

1 hour ago, Verengard said:

also interested what is the change between the 2k15 compendium of the DE & the new one - did they really change anything or just re-post same file and call it new?

There is now a dark elf keyword. So de dread lords can actually command the dreadspears etc. Before the keyword was exiles, and as far as I remember the latest compendium rules didn’t change that. 

There seems to be a difference. No "extra special rules" requiring out of game stuff and even some of the unit special rules have been changed. Also the keyword references are to Dark elfs, witch elfs etc. Instead og whatever they were called in the beginning of AoS. 

What comes to Bretonnia and Tomb kings, as they are now, they are hardly matched play worthy in any case, so updating their rules to Legend status would most likely be an improvement. Depending on the attitude of the local gaming community of course.

My biggest gripe with this is that it will probably take ages for all of the old armies to get this treatment and before that, it'll be quite hazy ground. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Infeston said:

I also have to say that I am getting bad vibes from this. 

I was always waiting for a Gutbusters battletome and hoped that they will continue to support Ogors in the new AoS setting.

Now I fear that they will turn Gutbusters and eventually also Beastclaw Raiders into Legend factions, because they were not exclusively designed for AoS.

I only started with Age of Sigmar, because I could still play my old army (I know i can still do it after that, but tbh it will be hard to get an opponent who will fight an old and discontinued army without any points). 

I hope that I am wrong with that. But I fear that this might happen...

Really, don't be afraid, as @AthlorianStoners said ! GW said it themselves (pic related)

The Gutbusters are in the fluff, even the modern one. They'll stay, even if this is a kinda "small" faction. Some special characters from Ogres Kingdoms armybook may get discontinued and reappear in the form of a Made to Order offer, but that's it (for resin models only).

The Beastclaw raiders were IMO designed for AOS (I mean the 8th ed part of the OK). They'll stay and maybe even prosper (plastic yeti and tigers !!!).

@Verengard and @Kramer it seems there is pretty substantial changes, no "fun" rules, new keywords (no reference to AOS like "Aelf") and IIRC in general more attacks for characters and greater move for monster.

AOS_Legends II.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Verengard said:

I'm also interested what is the change between the 2k15 compendium of the DE & the new one - did they really change anything or just re-post same file and call it new?

They did a LOT of changes here and there throughout the warscrolls. Too many for me to list them all. There are a few things that bug me in this new version but overall I think it is better than the 2015 version.

Edited by The Golem
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Golem said:

They did a LOT of changes here and there throughout the warscrolls. Too many for me to list them all. There are a few things that bug me in this new version but overall I think it is better than the 2015 version.

Yeah,  an example would be the Har ganeth executioners.

in 2015 they had two attacks with a 3 to hit and wound no rend and 1 damage. And for every 6 or more to hit you would have done 2mortal wounds.

Now they hit a little bit worse than bevor (they only hit on 4plus now) but there Rend has been changed from 0 to -2 as well as their damage from 1 to 2

similar updates have been done with the drake spawn knights, Dreadlords and Black Guards.

but the best part of all is that missile units like dark shards now hit on a 3plus instead on a 5 or more in the combat phase 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

I've stopped my gitmob expansion. Will finish them with a basic paintjob and not buy any more. This gw decision really really sucks. 

Well I really don’t mind it too much, but it really would be cool if Gw gave them some points, so you could at least use them in a small matched play game.

there might be even the possibility, that Doing something like this would bring back old Warhammer fans, and maybe just maybe be one of the most favored army amongst players.

but than again it could also just be me hallucinating

@Sheriff I think you overreacts a bit. They didn't invalidate former Dark Elves units that are still produced. They can be used as both in basic AoS and Old World version now, so I don't think your Gitmob units are endangered. 

Edited by michu
  • Like 4

Gitmob shaman on wolf is no longer made. They'll get rid of that and demote the scroll to narrative only. Then the other stuff over time - they said it'll all get moved over at some point, some armies sooner than others. 

7 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

Gitmob shaman on wolf is no longer made. They'll get rid of that and demote the scroll to narrative only. Then the other stuff over time - they said it'll all get moved over at some point, some armies sooner than others. 

The wolf is still a option in the normal Grot Shaman warscroll. I dont see why they should make them narrativ-play only when this option is linked to a relativly reccent plastic set. 

Also, not a single faction that was part of the Grand Alliance books lost a unit with this Warhammer Legends release. This is just something GW added for the players that want to field their armies like they were in the world-that-was. This has nothing to do with the main AoS line. I dont see why you think entire armies will be moved into legends? 

• Thanks 1

Even if everything does get moved over to legends eventually I wouldnt panic. They've done this with dark elves just after two AoS elf factions got big releases. If you liked old dark elves then you can play daughters of khaine or idoneth deepkin. Plus as others have said a lot of the legacy armies have been rewritten into the lore now. Dispossessed for instance might not be the new shiny dwarfs but they have plenty of mentions throughout recent aos fluff.

I wouldn't expect them to dump whole groups,I. E. Goblins before they get a release that lines them up to the new setting.

With tomb kings and brettonia you've had basically 3 years of extended life. GW stopped making the kits. No one can buy them anymore.  It doesn't make sense for them to be valid in matched play. 

Optimistically I would expect at somepoint to see an order faction that represents humans in the realms that aren't stormcast eternals. There could well be an aesthetic that unifies the knightly side of things with the freeguild stuff. 

Likewise for death, they will certainly get new releases that show at least part of a tomb kings influence. Given the lore has talked about nagash having black pyramids etc.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gecktron said:

The wolf is still a option in the normal Grot Shaman warscroll. I dont see why they should make them narrativ-play only when this option is linked to a relativly reccent plastic set. 

Also, not a single faction that was part of the Grand Alliance books lost a unit with this Warhammer Legends release. This is just something GW added for the players that want to field their armies like they were in the world-that-was. This has nothing to do with the main AoS line. I dont see why you think entire armies will be moved into legends? 

Before i had certainty, now i have doubt because gw said they intend to gradually remove models/scrolls from matched play. I have units in my army that are probably high on the list for the chop. 

There is no grot shaman on wolf model available for sale. It's conversion only. 

2 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Even if everything does get moved over to legends eventually I wouldnt panic. They've done this with dark elves just after two AoS elf factions got big releases. If you liked old dark elves then you can play daughters of khaine or idoneth deepkin.

So if you have an old army don't worry because you can be forced to start a new army? This is exactly what people are afraid of. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheriff said:

Before i had certainty, now i have doubt because gw said they intend to gradually remove models/scrolls from matched play. I have units in my army that are probably high on the list for the chop. 

There is no grot shaman on wolf model available for sale. It's conversion only. 

They said:
"Much as we’d love to, we can’t continue to stock and sell every model we make forever – that’s where Warhammer Legends comes in. Warhammer Legends is a great home for these heroes of bygone ages, giving us somewhere to publish rules to allow you to keep playing with your older miniatures."

This doesnt mean they will off entire armies that survived the great purge. Old minis will get phased out, thats nothing new. But they had cleared the house three years ago. There is no reason to believe they will do that so soon again.

Also in regards to the wolf shaman: Its one warscroll. GW doesnt need to move them to legends as both options are balanced together. Its easier for them to keep it as it is than to seperate these two.

• Like 3