The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Captain Marius said:

Is anyone interested in the Warhammer Legends made to order stuff? I wouldnt mind Lokhir, but i really dont like resin. Is this initiative floating anyones boat?

I was under the impression they'd be in metal tbh, I think a lot of the other made to order stuff has been, hasn't it?

4 hours ago, Captain Marius said:

Is anyone interested in the Warhammer Legends made to order stuff? I wouldnt mind Lokhir, but i really dont like resin. Is this initiative floating anyones boat?

I bought a couple of boxes when the dawmonettes came around and started a whole new army because of it. I will also be buying the manflayers, maybe morathi, because they were some of the cool models I missed back in the day.  So mostly for nostalgic and hobby reasons i’m Very excited 

Side note: if the models where metal they will still be metal as they won’t remake/redesign the moulds. 

• Like 2

I might grab the two cold one mounted heroes if they're not too expensive (anyone know what kinds of prices to expect?). I find the sorceress on cold one to be the best sorceress model GW have made, the unnecessary nakedness puts me off all the others I've seen (except the old Morathi on foot, in which case it's the sculpt that puts me off).

Edited by Swooper

3 hours ago, Swooper said:

I might grab the two cold one mounted heroes if they're not too expensive (anyone know what kinds of prices to expect?). I find the sorceress on cold one to be the best sorceress model GW have made, the unnecessary nakedness puts me off all the others I've seen (except the old Morathi on foot, in which case it's the sculpt that puts me off).

I think it's tended to be pretty similar to what they were last available to retail at.

I truly think it's a shame that a lot of these good models were retired. Especially on the Dark Elf front, all of the ones that are returning for this Made to Order could basically fit into the new factions pretty well (Maybe the Dreadlords on foot have trouble being in a mounted faction, but didn't stop GW using the Dragon Noble on foot on the Order Draconis). 

Truly a shame that we lost some pretty stellar sculpts while there's a bunch of duds lying around that GW have only kept around because they want that faction to stick in the game (Eventhough I prefer regular Grots, looking at you entire Gitmob range).

Still not quite sure what the Warhammer Legends is going to add to the game. If you want to play old characters in old Warhammer armies, use the original compendium scrolls. If you want to use them in your current AoS armies, use the current compendium (Even though they stripped out all the synergies).

I just don't get what they're going to be doing to make Dreadlord on Foot any different to the last 2 compendium iterations we've had, apart from missing points of course!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, someone2040 said:

Truly a shame that we lost some pretty stellar sculpts while there's a bunch of duds lying around that GW have only kept around because they want that faction to stick in the game (Eventhough I prefer regular Grots, looking at you entire Gitmob range).

Much of the Gitmob range has been 'temporarily unavailable online' for weeks. Maybe getting re-boxed? 

The finecast stuff is trash, but I've grown to like the plastic infantry, even if they are a chore to assemble and remove mold-lines. 

18 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

Much of the Gitmob range has been 'temporarily unavailable online' for weeks. Maybe getting re-boxed? 

The finecast stuff is trash, but I've grown to like the plastic infantry, even if they are a chore to assemble and remove mold-lines. 

Don't get me wrong, I got 60 plastic grots still on sprue and most the war machines. I have a certain fondness for them.

But they don't match up to todays sculpts at all. Gangly arms, large hands, mould lines out the wazoo.

I hope they're not getting reboxed... because I really think they're one of the factions that either need to be dropped or are in need of a huge overhaul.

That being said, they kept around Zombies which are just as old/bad these days... so I can only assume GW isn't too interested in redoing those ancient sculpts. 

1 minute ago, someone2040 said:

Don't get me wrong, I got 60 plastic grots still on sprue and most the war machines. I have a certain fondness for them.

But they don't match up to todays sculpts at all. Gangly arms, large hands, mould lines out the wazoo.

I hope they're not getting reboxed... because I really think they're one of the factions that either need to be dropped or are in need of a huge overhaul.

That being said, they kept around Zombies which are just as old/bad these days... so I can only assume GW isn't too interested in redoing those ancient sculpts. 

yeah i'd happily see them ditched if they weren't so useful in the army - the artillery is great, as are the bow-grots; if only moonclan archers weren't trash-tier. 

1 hour ago, Sheriff said:

yeah i'd happily see them ditched if they weren't so useful in the army - the artillery is great, as are the bow-grots; if only moonclan archers weren't trash-tier. 

I dont think rules should have any bearing on whether a model remains available - rules can always be made better or worse. Grots are one of several factions which could do with a Dark Eldar style rework from the ground up - the plastic shaman is the only model of good enough quality to keep i think. Moonclan and Spiderfang could get away with a Daughters of Khaine style expansion, while Mork only knows what to do with the former Gnoblars!

41 minutes ago, Captain Marius said:

I dont think rules should have any bearing on whether a model remains available - rules can always be made better or worse. Grots are one of several factions which could do with a Dark Eldar style rework from the ground up - the plastic shaman is the only model of good enough quality to keep i think. Moonclan and Spiderfang could get away with a Daughters of Khaine style expansion, while Mork only knows what to do with the former Gnoblars!

Despite all this my preference is for a grot soup tome that includes all goblin models, like what Death got. The idea of painting 200 goblins for a new faction does not appeal to me. 

But as for rumours, all I can share is that I chatted with some staff at warhammer world, trying to tease info out of them about the new grot tome, and their body language and faces basically confirmed it's incoming. (I'm probably reading too much into this)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It would be very surprising if Grots and Skaven wouldn't have some new stuff incoming in next year or so, as they have always been very popular and one of the key races in the whole "Warhammer brand". Especially as almost all other classic Warhammer races have been "aosified" already.

10 hours ago, Swooper said:

The Sorceress model is cool and I'm trying to utilise her in a Order list which is basically Order Serpentis. Too good to not use! I've got the old Morathi model too (not Pegasus) - she's a bit more clothed than the Pegasus one!

7 hours ago, someone2040 said:

I think it's tended to be pretty similar to what they were last available to retail at.

I truly think it's a shame that a lot of these good models were retired. Especially on the Dark Elf front, all of the ones that are returning for this Made to Order could basically fit into the new factions pretty well (Maybe the Dreadlords on foot have trouble being in a mounted faction, but didn't stop GW using the Dragon Noble on foot on the Order Draconis). 

I used to think the Lokhir model was a big loss, but actually, he's quite a simple sculpt. I think I had 'lore' glasses on. Still, I think he's cooler than the current Fleetmaster. Completely agree about the Dreadlords. Could have easily fit in Darkling Covens or Order Serpentis . Don't get me started on this bloody line though... What the hell are Shadowbades all about?!

6 hours ago, Thebiggesthat said:

It's not just playing the game though is it. For many of us, playing is a side event to painting, and some of those models are a delight to paint. 

That's me. The game is a motivator to paint, at best. And even then, actually, it's the collection isn't it?

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

A little pricing info for the remainder of the Deepkin. The Leviadon is £70 (not as expensive as I feared.

The following week we get one shark for £27.50 and 3 Eels for £30. 

The Leviadon is more than I hoped, but not surprised. Eels seem reasonable. Based on what people are saying about the Allopex, I don't know anyone who will buy one unless they are in for the modelling aspect.

• Like 2

New short story out 'The Sea Taketh'

The Sea Taketh

Has a nice little explanation of how Sigendil is view in the realms "Bringing the rubber eyepiece to his eye, he trained it on the twinkling dot of Sigendil. The night sky might vary from realm to realm, and even within a realm, and with the movements of Ulgu-Hyish within the aethyric cloud, but the beacon star of Azyr was a fixed point in every sky."

More mentions Merwynn & Kelpdarr "Almost nothing lived at these depths. He knew of the merwynn and the kelpdarr, fiercely isolationist and protective of their territories, but even they rarely plumbed beyond the sunlit layer."

Also Free city Orruks "a peripatetic community of orruks of a more mercantile bent. They traded in meat and in bone, and in the spoils of their constant warring on the restless lands of Skulldrake and Wither and Deathrattle Point. Most Kharadron authorities would have run the greenskins off long ago, but as long as there were other foes to fight – and Toba Lorchai had plenty – then their belligerence was an even greater boon to the town than their trade goods."

Edited by BrownDog
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, BrownDog said:

Also Free city Orruks "a peripatetic community of orruks of a more mercantile bent. They traded in meat and in bone, and in the spoils of their constant warring on the restless lands of Skulldrake and Wither and Deathrattle Point. Most Kharadron authorities would have run the greenskins off long ago, but as long as there were other foes to fight – and Toba Lorchai had plenty – then their belligerence was an even greater boon to the town than their trade goods."

Wow that bit about the Orruks is really interesting. Would be so awesome to have a fleshed out Orruk faction that isn't mono themed like the Ironjaws or Fyreslayers. Kharadrons and Idoneth have brought the variety we need for new armies. Single themed armies are so bland compared to them now. An Orruk faction with a variety of units and styles would be fantastic. Ironjaws should be a faction within that army rather than their own thing...

• Like 2

Regarding the Legends thing, I was hoping the selection would be larger. Since it is made to order and probably still have the moulds, the old Assassins and some Black Guard or Executioners would have been amazing. But if it is going to be finecast, no huge loss,  they can keep it xD

Does anyone want my 21 metal executioners, id rather retire them than risk their draichs falling off for the millionth time!

I wonder if theyll do a Legends order for plastics (yeah thats brets, TK and forsaken!)

Edit: oh and half my Empire army, i did love those knights!

Edited by Captain Marius
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Ryan Taylor said:

Yes we know that there is a magic supplement coming. 

Yes, what @Chikout meant is that we now have a release window for it !

So end may, first half of June :x:x:x You made my day

Now we really may see something at Warhammer fest studio preview (12th May) if it is that close !

The two hints about magic and "the portents unfold" at least confirm once more that the new Magic supplement and Malign Portents are linked.

Portents Unfold 98 June.png

Edited by HorticulusTGA