The Rumour Thread

Just now, Rou Dantes said:

Hey, you never know, GW did just release a 40k box that had ZERO Space Marines. The times, they are a changin'...

That's true. I would point out that many people got the box for the mini Knights, which are soon to get their own battletome, along with a new amazing looking super-knight, and the whole faction allies in really nicely with any (read: space marine) imperial force. I wouldn't be surprised if forgebane was limited release and Dark Imperium remains as the 40k starter box tbh. 

I would love a non-stormcast box, but it makes sense to cater to 40% of the audience if you can, rather than any other, much smaller share. 

3 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

Too be fair if any army had the amount of releases stormcast get then a high percentage of players would collect that army

I really don't think most AoS players are like us on this forum. They don't read unit lists and list build before buying models, they just buy what they think is cool. Space Marines and Stormcast are the sort of vanilla force of 40k/AoS. I don't actually think either are bad at all. It's just both seem relatively boring model and fluff wise compared to the other stuff on offer. 

• Like 1

The warscroll cards previewed in white dwarf indicate 14 units in the battletome.

My list suggests 12 of those are confirmed

Eidolon
Sea turtle
Shark riders
Eel riders
Named guy on seahorse
Generic guy on seahorse
Wizard
Lady wizard
Hooky
Octopus
Archer troops
Sword troops

This leaves us with two uncertain units. One is likely to be another version of the eidolon, possibly both could be this. 

57 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

If only GW saw sense and did the new starter set idoneth vs the new death army.They would make an absolute killing. Too bad its gonna be stormcast. 

To be fair, my local GW manager described it thusly: Stormcast sells. They make GW money, this can then be applied to making more models for other ranges. The DoK was only three kits, but thats a considerable load of money on just tooling. Then think how many kits are coming for the Deepkin. I don't like it as much as you do, but if it means we get shinies sooner, fine.

13 hours ago, hughwyeth said:

I thought they now always 3d print a 2/3/4 up model from the 3d files? The Eisenhorn model preview was clearly 3d printed too. 

Yeah, probably it's a normal practice to check out what it looks like in flesh to fine tune it and for the box arts as said earlier. I have understood that the 3-up models are no longer needed for production purposes as the molds are made straight from the 3d files and not by hand.

9 hours ago, HollowHills said:

The warscroll cards previewed in white dwarf indicate 14 units in the battletome.

My list suggests 12 of those are confirmed

Eidolon
Sea turtle
Shark riders
Eel riders
Named guy on seahorse
Generic guy on seahorse
Wizard
Lady wizard
Hooky
Octopus
Archer troops
Sword troops

This leaves us with two uncertain units. One is likely to be another version of the eidolon, possibly both could be this. 

This sounds so sad to me as the eidolon is said 3 builds... I was hoping to see something else :(

I have seen all pictures again and seems Eidolon has 2 builds (blind with sword and curved dagger and with the other helmet and trident with pearlhammer). So the other unit must be the other configuration to the eel snakes.

So sad we've got 0 surprises

Edited by Hoseman

1 hour ago, Hoseman said:

This sounds so sad to me as the eidolon is said 3 builds... I was hoping to see something else :(

I have seen all pictures again and seems Eidolon has 2 builds (blind with sword and curved dagger and with the other helmet and trident with pearlhammer). So the other unit must be the other configuration to the eel snakes.

So sad we've got 0 surprises

An entire new factions and sad at no surprises? O.o :D

6 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

We still know their are kits we have not been shown, there are surprises to come.

I want to trust that but starting to think there are not new things. Maybe I'm wrong but I think that if White Dwarf says 14 units and we can easily count that 14 units there's nothing more. Maybe white dwarf is fooling us but for GW would be better to say, for example, 18 units and all the hype would go so up with speculations and that so I don't think White Dwarf is fooling us.

I thought Teclis would come with Idoneth as all other Aelfs got his Creator as a figure but reading all seems the Idoneth passed away of Teclis and followed their own path. Maybe Teclis will come with Tyrion with the Angelical Aelfs, or maybe later but if Battletome comes this 14 it is time for GW to make some hype and show something like they did with DoK.

I wanna be wrong but I'm starting to dont wait anything new

21 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

We still know their are kits we have not been shown, there are surprises to come.

There is nothing more, it is already pretty big release all we haven't been shown were alternative builds and thats what GW crew talked about during Adepticon stream. 

So Teclis is not out... meh... It's like incomplete army for me. So the pirate guy on the unicorn that has a Sword given by Teclis must be the top general because the Eidolon is like an invocation

Edited by Hoseman

Just now, stato said:

??   They were touted as his failed first attempt, why would he tag along with them?

Because when Tyrion and Teclis were taking the souls from Slanesh the first souls that emerged Teclis said it were his souls. Then he took them to Hyish and made a city to teach magic and search inside those souls finding something dark and tryied to convert them. I thought after all that efforts would be his leader as Alarielle created Sylvaneth and Morathi the DoK... but seems Teclis abandoned Idoneth for second time.

That said, and of the thing about the kits I think we have already seen all the kits. The 2 forms of the Eidolon has benn shown, the 2 unicorn guy has been shown and the 2 snake mounted guys has been shown, so as the shark, turtle and the four heroes... We have seen evertything

We have 2 Eidolons, 2 deepmare riders including 1 character, 2 eels , 2  infantry units, the allpoex, the Levidon, and 4 on foot characters. At the reveal video we didn’t see the other Eidolon or the other deepmare rider. It is kind of a shame as a bigger range is always better,  but we still get 7 box sets, 4 clampacks and a scenery kit which is comfortably the biggest single release for AOS so far. (The Stormcast have had 3 waves of releases)