The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, AthlorianStoners said:

We’ve heard a mix of rumours and speculation for Nighthaunt, Moonclan, Darkoath, a new Stormcast Chamber and Slasnesh this year. Not out of the realm of possibility. 

Rumors are for death this year Slaanesh really late or early next year. Speculation is two more elf armies light and dark ones mentioned in DoK. Moon clan also speculation with no rumors. Stormcast chamber also seems speculation though if GW insists on pushing them its a matter of when not if. Still no actual rumors of it this year. So don’t get everyone confused about what actual rumor is vs wish listing. I expect we’ll start hearing rumor chatter of next years AoS army releases once death is out this year.

Edited by Barkanaut

2 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Because casting a specific spell requires there to be such a spell. I've not seen "Remove Air" in the game so far, but I have seen dispels.

Not that I'm fussed by it. It does lead to cool models, as you say, but it seems pretty gimmicky to me as a fluff thing. Very forced.

Hmmm....I'm guessing this army works in the same way an army of skeletons does. How do they move? Spell cast on them/their area allowing them to operate when normally they would be dead still. This usually takes a strong spellcaster...a Necromancer.

Similar thing with Deepkin. A spell cast in the area allowing the creatures to operate where normally they'd flop around. Maybe this spell is even cast by...a Mistweaver.

Seems if we can accept reanimated corpses...it's not too much of a stretch to accept flying fish...

Edited by Mr. White
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

Rumors are for death this year Slaanesh really late or early next year. Speculation is two more elf armies light and dark ones mentioned in DoK. Moon clan also speculation with no rumors. Stormcast chamber also seems speculation though if GW insists on pushing them its a matter of when not if. Still no actual rumors of it this year. So don’t get everyone confused about what actual rumor is vs wish listing. I expect we’ll start hearing rumor chatter of next years AoS army releases once death is out this year.

Guess we’ll see when the next faction drops. If there is another AoS book coming we should see teases for it as they start rolling out this new death faction based on the last 4 books.

I’ll always err on the side of optimism and hope for as many books as possible :) 

I’ll say now just because an army is mentioned in a book doesn’t mean it will always come true. Grot sky pirates never happened and doesn’t seem like it will. Also I think the other two elf armies will but not next year. Too much elves too soon competes with each other in sales. I am super hyped to see next years armies. I get a feeling we’ll see an AoS take on lizardmen or skaven next as they are fan favourites. 

7 minutes ago, Turgol said:

Just hope those are not bald (although I guess being bald is meant to express the unique feature of Idoneth of being soulless and incomplete).

Also underwater hair is bad and you don’t see it much. Look at professional swimmers. I think the only other elves I might be interested in is shadow elves but normally not an elf guy. 

1 hour ago, Barkanaut said:

I get a feeling we’ll see an AoS take on lizardmen or skaven next as they are fan favourites. 

I'm curious about the skaven approach, since I always used to think they're a pretty neglected fan favorite,too.

Maybe we're wrong and their not a fan favorite in sales. Like in every 40K some Troll feels obligated to mention 'sisters of battle', who were never bought by  anyone, anytime, on any given life supporting planet.

23 minutes ago, Spiny Norman said:

I'm curious about the skaven approach, since I always used to think they're a pretty neglected fan favorite,too.

Maybe we're wrong and their not a fan favorite in sales. Like in every 40K some Troll feels obligated to mention 'sisters of battle', who were never bought by  anyone, anytime, on any given life supporting planet.

Sob is confirmed to release next year. Funny enough I see more chatter about Deepkin and AoS than the big 40k reveal lol. I get a feeling the very small very vocal fan base is going to end up with a failed unsupported range. It’s the problem with cult classics movies and anything is very few sequels or reboots do any bette.than the original. 40k seems perpetually mired in the past and stagnant and unmoving. I see lots of skaven fans online but rarely in person. 

Edited by Barkanaut

19 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

Sob is confirmed to release next year. Funny enough I see more chatter about Deepkin and AoS than the big 40k reveal lol. I get a feeling the very small very vocal fan base is going to end up with a failed unsupported range. It’s the problem with cult classics movies and anything is very few sequels or reboots do any bette.than the original. 40k seems perpetually mired in the past and stagnant and unmoving. I see lots of skaven fans online but rarely in person. 

That is how Sisters of Battle have worked out every single release since the late 90s.

Although to be fair, I think they are also a casualty of GW being fairly lazy the few times they have done them and not actively promoting and spending enough energy to make them something that is popular.  They have shown a number of times that they are capable of making something popular when they are willing to put the effort into good rules, creative and well done miniatures, and not immediately neglecting the release (which to me often seems to be their biggest problem).

Edited by Skabnoze

Love the models. Love the notion of what could use their rules as 'count as'. I like how they went away from what people were assuming would be more 'mer-men'. Seems like a lot of other companies already do this. This seems to be a nice compromise to keep things within their own lore and to differentiate from the expected/ norm.

Curious why they dont have some sort of crustacean for mount, considering they can go on land.

There hasn't been an army I have ever wanted to paint straight out of the box till now. Super excited for this.

The eels swimming through air reminds me of From Beyond when they build a machine that breaks down the barrier between dimensions and the eels and insects (and head eating Old One) come through.

The casters/weavers lay the magical framework to come on land, most likely for short periods.  I wonder if there will be a dynamic of taking out those responsible for this magic would render some of these creatures weak/useless/dead.  If they hadn't mentioned "Deepkin" however, I could see airborne creatures of this type.  We have seen artwork from various sources over the years of sharks that "swim" the skies and have air bladders to keep aloft.  Even Barbarella had rays that flew above land that she could ride.

The Deepkin are briefly mentioned in LoN that an unknown force is stealing souls but so far even Arkhan and his minions have not been able to identify the source of this soul-theft.  We may end up with some aquatic undead at some point to combat them on their own turf as well.  In the video, there are shipwrecks and corals and aquatic vegetation on the board, are we sure they are not underwater there?

• Like 2

If they can do a passable job of explaining the why of flying sea creatures then I am all on board. The Feculent Gnarlmaw mechanic is a good example of how they could do this and I look forward to seeing how it plays out. Just struggling with what I’ve seen so far.

same way undead walk around, magic is used, people can get hit and suffer multiple wound etc. Its suspended belief. Fantasy of all kinds has weird tropes. It is fantasy after all.

I used to notoriously despise figures standing with their foot on something like a skull or rock, as if they just trucked that thing around with them on the battle field.. this stuff doesn't bother me one bit lol.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

I’ll say now just because an army is mentioned in a book doesn’t mean it will always come true. Grot sky pirates never happened and doesn’t seem like it will. Also I think the other two elf armies will but not next year. Too much elves too soon competes with each other in sales. I am super hyped to see next years armies. I get a feeling we’ll see an AoS take on lizardmen or skaven next as they are fan favourites. 

New Lizardmen or Skaven are pretty unlikely because they were both massively updated right before and during the End Times. They were being prepped for AoS and have already been extensively included and described in the new AoS lore as being pretty unchanged from they way they were in the World That Was. They may put out some new named characters for them, since the pre-existing characters all died in the End Times and their models are now just representing generic unnamed characters. But other than that, I'd expect them to address the armies that still have really old models. Like mortal, non-chaos humans, and the other kinds of elves they've been dropping hints about, as well as updated Death, which they announced as imminent.

Grot sky pirates would be awesome, and I think are still quite possible, as they'd fit in really well with the KO and the Deepkin. They'd be super easy to convert by kitbashing the KO ships. I might do that myself, actually... LOL

For Skaven I think Eshin might make an appearance sooner rather than later, as they are getting a fair few background mentions, plus the Deathrunner in Silver Tower.

For Seraphon i would not expect them to ever get a new battletome - unless GW majorly changes its approach to AoS (i guess they did update SE, BoK and LoN) and starts spamming out books like in 40k (which incidentally has put me right off 40k, theres no way i can even try and keep up with the release pace).

I like the momentum AoS has now, and a new book every other month would be my ideal - but no stupid 8 month gaps between books like the gap between KO and MoN!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rou Dantes said:

New Lizardmen or Skaven are pretty unlikely because they were both massively updated right before and during the End Times. They were being prepped for AoS and have already been extensively included and described in the new AoS lore as being pretty unchanged from they way they were in the World That Was. They may put out some new named characters for them, since the pre-existing characters all died in the End Times and their models are now just representing generic unnamed characters. But other than that, I'd expect them to address the armies that still have really old models. Like mortal, non-chaos humans, and the other kinds of elves they've been dropping hints about, as well as updated Death, which they announced as imminent.

Grot sky pirates would be awesome, and I think are still quite possible, as they'd fit in really well with the KO and the Deepkin. They'd be super easy to convert by kitbashing the KO ships. I might do that myself, actually... LOL

I don’t know as AoS becomes more and more it’s own thing that’s great I think holding onto too much legacy models can hurt the creativity. I want to see completely new takes on as much factions as possible. Or at least huge updates like DoK. The skaven and lizardmen do fit in the most of the old fantasy models, but ultimately I think they could fit even better. Also imo the sepharon being spirits kind of turns me off the lore now and makes it hard to get invested with these weird super beings if invincibility. Same thing with Stormcast. 

• Like 1

I’ve veen waiting for years for some AoS elves and now I feel spoiled. The DoK feel like a small release compared to this. I do not like the sea creatures swimming in the air ‘because of magic’, bit other than that this army looks amazing. I’ll Probably get some of te ground troops and some heroes to convert into my slaaneshi elf army. The octopus Hero i’ll just get because that is such an amazing model and seems like a lot of fun to paint. He can stand next to some lothern sea guard on the shelf.

Is there any indication when they’ll be available. Because I need to spend my money om some melusai first...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elfhead said:

I’ve veen waiting for years for some AoS elves and now I feel spoiled. The DoK feel like a small release compared to this. I do not like the sea creatures swimming in the air ‘because of magic’, bit other than that this army looks amazing. I’ll Probably get some of te ground troops and some heroes to convert into my slaaneshi elf army. The octopus Hero i’ll just get because that is such an amazing model and seems like a lot of fun to paint. He can stand next to some lothern sea guard on the shelf.

Is there any indication when they’ll be available. Because I need to spend my money om some melusai first...

21st of April , pre orders 14th of April so you have some time