The Rumour Thread

53 minutes ago, MrCharisma said:

I'm going with Nighthaunt model that goes with new starter box in July. Nighthaunt vs. SCE.

This is probably a new unit, maybe a new Black Coach or equivalent character 

I thought similiar, recalling back to someone mentioning a GW manager saying that " they had seen a new black coach and it was amesome"

Is the part about stormcast being half the force speculation or someone spill some beans somewhere? I mean it wouldnt be the first time that the posterchilds werent in a box set, would it? Maybe Darkoath. They'd be human enough to represent I'd imagine. We'll see. 

Edited by Vasshpit

Just realised that we are at an interesting point for AoS. As of today every model that has been previewed for AoS or Shadespire has been released. This is the first time that releases have caught up with previews since at least March last year when Ko and Shadespire was unveiled.

The future of Aos minis is currently a complete mystery. We know Deepkin are coming but noone can agree on what the aesthetic will be. We don't even know what the next bloodbowl team will look like. This makes me quite convinced that we will see some news from Gama next Tuesday if not over the weekend. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

Just realised that we are at an interesting point for AoS. As of today every model that has been previewed for AoS or Shadespire has been released. This is the first time that releases have caught up with previews since at least March last year when Ko and Shadespire was unveiled.

The future of Aos minis is currently a complete mystery. We know Deepkin are coming but noone can agree on what the aesthetic will be. We don't even know what the next bloodbowl team will look like. This makes me quite convinced that we will see some news from Gama next Tuesday if not over the weekend. 

There is indeed the Idoneth Deepkin - full range - and the Vanguard Rangers & Blood Warriors warbands for Shadespire that still have to appear.  

- - -

Then we don't know anything for sure, but have rumors of : 

1)  New Battletomes / factions ; Slaves To Darkness / Darkoath (LoN style book) ; Moonclan / Grotbag Scuttlers ;

2)  Stormcast warmachines and/or scenery (Ruination Chamber and Stormkeeps) ; 

3) Slaanesh end of the year, maybe November (4chan and Dakka - why not, or in 2019) ;

4)  And AOS SECOND EDITION this summer (June*) ; could just means a rules reorganization to go with the FAQ system and a rulebook like 40k ; and a NEW STARTER SET ; impacting the GHB 2018 release (either summer or end of the year like Chapter Approved) --> the rumored Starter Set being "Death vs Stormcast" or "Death vs Aelves".

5) Add to that Cubicle7's AOS RPG (second half of the year) and various Black Library books like Souls War (coming this summer too*...........). Seems pretty good to me. 

- - -

GAMA is the whole week though - maybe we'll get a teaser tomorrow night (as usual) and something along the week ! And by something I HOPE A FULL IDONETH REVEAL - EDIT : yeah right the schedule : http://www.gamatradeshow.com/show-schedule/ GW is indeed only Tuesday and Wednesday 

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

4)  And AOS SECOND EDITION this summer (June*) ; could just means a rules reorganization to go with the FAQ system and a rulebook like 40k ; and a NEW STARTER SET ; impacting the GHB 2018 release (either summer or end of the year like Chapter Approved) --> the rumored Starter Set being "Death vs Stormcast" or "Death vs Aelves".

Rumour I heard is that this Box is the new Stormcast Chamber (I recon Sacrosanct Chamber), and Nighthaunt (New wraiths as per artwork)

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Mortarch said:

Rumour I heard is that this Box is the new Stormcast Chamber (I recon Sacrosanct Chamber), and Nighthaunt (New wraiths as per artwork)

That would tie nicely with the other rumors ! Thank you

EDIT : the new chamber could be the Sacrosanct, but the rumors (and things like the Lord-Ordinator fluff) points toward Warmachines, which sounds more Ruination than Sacrosanct to me. But then if they have to fight unholy ghosts, Sacrosanct seems fine :P 

Edited by HorticulusTGA

5 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

That would tie nicely with the other rumors ! Thank you

EDIT : the new chamber could be the Sacrosanct, but the rumors (and things like the Lord-Ordinator fluff) points toward Warmachines, which sounds more Ruination than Sacrosanct to me. But then if they have to fight unholy ghosts, Sacrosanct seems fine :P 

I am not so up to date with Stormcast, but how would the Sacrosanct mini's look like?

Edited by Tonhel

3 hours ago, Tonhel said:

I am not so up to date with Stormcast, but how would the Sacrosanct mini's look like?

Well we don't know (and we don't know for Ruination either). But given the name of the unopened Chambers (that is, Ruination, Sacrosanct, etc.) and the "tactical roles" Stormcast are currently lacking (War machine, Scenery, Magic-Priest), it's possible to make some educate guesses...

And the Lord-Ordinator fluff in the Malign Portents book talks about fortresses (Stormkeeps, found elsewhere in the fluff) and War machines made of the Sigmarite metal (so no common, Ironweld war machines). It sounds to me as a Warmachine / artillery / siege maker Chamber, so maybe something called "Ruination". 

• Like 1