The Rumour Thread

I am not sure about the ruins. Honestly I find them a little boring.  Most of the previous AOS terrain has had oodles of flavor.  These seem a little bland.  If I wanted this type of stuff I would just go with the Hobbit kit, has more vertical levels.    

MarchPrevie-Feb23-AzyriteRuinsBox5t.jpg

99121499029_OsgiliathRuins01.jpg

Edited by TheWilddog
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, TheWilddog said:

I am not sure about the ruins. Honestly I find them a little boring.  Most of the previous AOS terrain has has oodles of flavor.  These seem a little bland.  If I wanted this type of stuff I would just go with the Hobbit kit, has more vertical levels.    

That's funny, that's precisely because they look like the LOTR scenery that I like those Azyrite Ruins ! Will complement nicely the Ophidian Archway and Numinous Occulum I already have...

• Like 2

I really like the treasure chest they look awesome, hello objective makers! :x

The ruins themselves have something a little off about them. I think it’s the pillars that are a line of square sections. Looks a bit to industrial/40k to my eye. May be different in the flesh.

I will be buying though, I always want more AoS scenery :D

3 hours ago, TheWilddog said:

I am not sure about the ruins. Honestly I find them a little boring.  Most of the previous AOS terrain has had oodles of flavor.  These seem a little bland.  If I wanted this type of stuff I would just go with the Hobbit kit, has more vertical levels.    

I think there's also the fact that the Hobbit ruins will be cheaper as well... (Although apparently you can only buy the Osgiliath Ruins in sets of 3 now)

Overall though, I'm not going to say no to more AoS terrain. It's definitely something I'm interested in picking up, even just to throw some scatter terrain on the table or make a little ruins section. Interestingly I think it's probably more useful for Skirmish with the treasure chests and sewer grates and the hatches and the like.

21 minutes ago, Mirbeau said:

DOK battletomb review part 1 - fluff. Warning, HUGE spoilers and hints for other factions too - https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

Man all this sounds pretty sweet.  This makes it sound like the sea release is a completely different and new faction, entirely separate from the rumored second elf relief. 

Edited by TheWilddog

7 minutes ago, TheWilddog said:

Man all this sounds pretty sweet.  This makes it sound like the sea release is a completely different and new faction, entirely separate from the rumored second elf relief. 

Actually I think from that the sea elves are the first (that somehow went astray/wrong/got lost - Atia's French so her translation may not be 100%) elves 'recreated' by Teclis, the Idoneth.

1 minute ago, Mirbeau said:

Actually I think from that the sea elves are the first (that somehow went astray/wrong/got lost - Atia's French so her translation may not be 100%) elves 'recreated' by Teclis, the Idoneth.

That makes more sense a lost experiment by Teclis with an Atlantis feel. Could be cool.

On the DOK lore this is my favourite bit. I can't wait to read it when it comes out!

She refused to talk about her past or how she escaped her bondage. She tried to seduce Nagash and the Great Necromancer struck her down - revealing her true medusa-like form and forcing her to flee in shame.

baINLAUH.jpg

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, TheWilddog said:

I agree very disappointing.  They look like generic ruins.

So it seems I was partially right: meet the new faction, the Idoneth Deepkin, the first attempt at creating new elves by Teclis, then gone missing and seems like independent.

So we will have with certainty four full aelven factions at some point (DoK, Deepkin, Shadowkin, the "angelic" Lightkin) and I guess likely even more. I do think that more aelves is never enough aelves, but I am worried about the more simple factions being used at all (Devoted, Freeguild).

10 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

points.jpg.6add03e3c758ccb337b73feb12603d85.jpg

So, Bob from War-of-Sigmar posted this picture. The Daughters of Khaine can use the Idoneth Deepkin as allies. They must be really close.

I am pretty sure we will see them in April, probably with a preview at the open day next week. Exciting times!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TheWilddog said:

Yep this matches my thoughts also. These Azyrite walls have more in common with the super thin original LotR ruins. I've just built a few pieces of scenery with those and think I'll stick with them over this new stuff. 

The 40k Moon Base kits have depth to them, details. These Azyrite are so plain, no specific detail to them, where are the big icons or symbols?. I guess it stops them looking repetitive if you have a lot but it just doesn't have the interest I was expecting from new AoS specific scenery. If they do more kits and this matches the style then I could see myself change my mind, but as a standalone kit I'm a little disappointed (may change when I see them in the flesh of course).

• Like 1

The new ruins look like they will have very limited impact on the game, as they are almost open terrain. Just two actual walls included. But they look useful none the less. I'm in the generic=better camp. It's easy to customize them with vines, skulls or crackled ground with lava etc. to make the terrain more special if wanted.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, TheWilddog said:

I of course have not seen the book and the full rules but from what we have seen Morathi looks prettttty good at 480.  I had money on at least 550 with my buddy. Will be interesting to see how she plays. 

She's such a weird unit, it's almost impossible to eye-ball it.

72" balewind range for Oracle Morathi should be fun though.