The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

Gw confirmed a while back that there's a new duel Sylvanath and Gloomspite box set coming next. Likely alongside or just before a Sylvanath Battletome (complete with endless spells and maybe terrain)

I though that it was more a rumor, not yet confirmed... BTW, seeing what is already in the SC! Sylvaneth, I'm curious about what they will fiil this box with (except for a new hero of course)

3 hours ago, Overread said:

Don't forget the terrain and endless spells won't jump over to 40K and Slaanesh is in as much need in 40K as in AoS for updates. 

Minor point, but the khorne terrain is jumping over to 40k and I believe the gnarlmaw did as well. I'd actually be pretty surprised if the slaanesh terrain was AoS only. I'd expect fulgrim and some noise marines, but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw mortal cultists in AoS become 40k cultists with a different weapon sprue, just like they did with tzaangors. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GeneralZero said:

I though that it was more a rumor, not yet confirmed... BTW, seeing what is already in the SC! Sylvaneth, I'm curious about what they will fiil this box with (except for a new hero of course)

There was a teaser video for it already at adepticon. Looncurse, you can search for it 

21 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

As I can see it, it seems to be Gloomspite (squig oriented army) VS something that contain a bug. To me, we are far from sylvaneth even if they are good contenders.

The bug looks like a Sylvaneth spite though and the description they gave was "fungus vs flora".  Flora meaning plants, so unless they're making a new plant-based faction, it'll be Sylvaneth.  It's also worth noting that the new Sylvaneth warband has bugs in the models that look similar in style to the one in the Looncurse teaser.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Sylvaneth and Gloomspite seems likely but there is no evidence at all that it’s a box set.  Could be a board game. All we’ve got is a 30 second animated video with a squig hopper and a bug - could be anything.

I also thought it was a board game.

1 hour ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Sylvaneth and Gloomspite seems likely but there is no evidence at all that it’s a box set.  Could be a board game. All we’ve got is a 30 second animated video with a squig hopper and a bug - could be anything.

Or could be a mobile game Plants vs Squigs

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, mikethefish said:

If that were the case then the animation world be better.

It's something with miniatures.  It contains Squigs and Sylvaneth.  That's what we know for certain.

Except we don’t know that for certain. We know that the video contained an animated squig and a bug. That is all we know. 

Unless you work for GW, in which case you may know more.

Although my first guess is also that it's Sylvaneth VS Gloomspite dual box, I have to say that I find it strange that they would do that with an army that just got released. A dual box is pretty much the biggest discount we can expect from GW (apart from the Battleforces) and most of the time we have to wait a good long year  just for a start collecting box. I would definitely not consider that a confirmed rumour.

Also, dual box usually contain one new hero per army, and we saw the weird flying earwig thingy in the trailer, that can be linked to a few rumour engines, and I very much doubt that's a hero. Maybe they changed the dual box formula? Maybe it's a new type of box? ...and maybe it's a phone game and the marketing at GW is evil! Who knows?

Edited by Minis by Night

Well since Looncurse was advertise and tease by GW themselves I would think it not a mobile games but in the realm of what they usually releases. (miniatures and board games)

usually games are advertised by the company that GW licensed to makes them.

19 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

My bet: gloomspite didn't sell well enough : a dual army box with gloomspite is a second chance to launch the sale of this army.

3 people here not including me have started it. They pushed Deepkin to backburner for me. I see tons of chatter online they sold really well don’t worry. 

2 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

3 people here not including me have started it. They pushed Deepkin to backburner for me. I see tons of chatter online they sold really well don’t worry. 

Agreed. Just looking at their view page combined with troggoths, they are one of the most discussed armies on here. The opposite is more likely. Gloomspite sold so well they want to pair them in another skew with Sylvaneth who are getting an update.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Shankelton said:

Agreed. Just looking at their view page combined with troggoths, they are one of the most discussed armies on here. The opposite is more likely. Gloomspite sold so well they want to pair them in another skew with Sylvaneth who are getting an update.

Might also be a way of giving people a starter for gloomspite on a limited release. They did a similar thing with that second chamber of stormcast.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Incineroar87 said:

Do we have an idea or data of what AOS armies have sold very well vs what hasn't ?

I'd imagine they would have a sold a lot of boxes of stabbas.

No. I think we heard they were happy with kharadon sales shortly after release.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Incineroar87 said:

Do we have an idea or data of what AOS armies have sold very well vs what hasn't ?

That sounds like data GW wouldn't want to be available for your average joe to look at so my guess is no. The only indication I can see is how much an army is still talked about after the initial hype has died down but even then it's not accurate.

Edited by Dirtnaps

I think people are forgetting the production schedule on these boxes. Gloomspite only came out 3 months ago. The Looncurse box was probably planned at least a year ago. White dwarf magazine always used to be written three months in advance.  Any products they covered in the magazine would already be designed and manufactured before that. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4