The Rumour Thread

AdepticonReveals-Mar27-WHUWProfiteers5jkvdbhfw-665x399.jpg.7b8f743639dbe8c536215c372184e39e.jpg

Not to be negative, I'm very happy that KO have theyr underworld warband but I was expecting a more "AoS" oriented band. I see two Arkanauts that we already have, a Skywarden, a Thunderer and a Khemist. Nothing "new" like Sylvaneth band, the troll one or whatever...

I believe that we will be able to choose weapons for the warcry warbands. 

Look at this. AdepticonReveals-Mar27-IronGolem9bgvhfs.

The left iron golem warrior holds a hammer in his right hand, but if you go to the newest trailer at the 15 seconds mark, he holds a chain. The pose is the same but it's still something i guess. 

Very exciting preview overall! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SirPergrin said:

I believe that we will be able to choose weapons for the warcry warbands. 

Look at this. AdepticonReveals-Mar27-IronGolem9bgvhfs.

The left iron golem warrior holds a hammer in his right hand, but if you go to the newest trailer at the 15 seconds mark, he holds a chain. The pose is the same but it's still something i guess. 

Very exciting preview overall! 

I love you. That’s exactly what I was looking for as evidence: identical poses with different weapons. So long, savings!

• Like 1

All the news are interesting.

The lack of Slaanesh mortals in the video disappoints me though, as i find the mortal followers of each Chaos god much more interesting than the demons.

The new Keeper of secrets looks majestic but a third more demonic looking head option would be very welcomed. Those two faces previewed  look very bovine to me and would have loved one throwback to the classic demonic look. 

Warhammer_Keeper_of_Secret.jpg

Keepers_of_Secrets.png

• Like 1

I'm rather impressed with the overall amount of stuff teasered.
Even though some things could have been expanded, it's still just a lot of stuff.

To be more precise:
- Fyreslayers could have used one new unit, maybe it'll come. It would give the refresh more meaning. Same goes for the other "to be updated" Battletomes. Still I think the rules update itself is the most important stuff. KO really need it for example. Others, too.
- Forbidden Power is like... part of their "living story" approach and I like it for that. Doesn't have to be super exciting, some update, some story progression and a little bit of new stuff  is good enough for me. The real excitement comes from new or expanded factions (Malign Portents would have been pretty boring if it were not for the Night Haunt tbh).
- The Slaanesh stuff looks great. I hope they take their time with the whole story around Slaanesh & "it" breaking free. Rushing it will make it worse. But it looks like they've got good pacing. I'm excited for that.
- The new KO war band I like a lot. Doesn't include something "new", like a new unit type, but I'm fine with that. The KO range has a pretty stunning range (held in check by its rules) & the war band expands on these visuals and does so beautifully. 
- Warcry excites me the most of all the new stuff. Looks like it could really evolve into something more Kill Team and lest Shadespire. 
AoS Necromunda? AoS Mordheim? At least it heads in that direction. Call me intrigued. What they said about showing new sides of Chaos is particularly interesting & something we were lacking so far.

P.S. I'm SO gonna win that Sisters army ;)

Edited by Rachmani
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, JPjr said:

it's similar, not 100% the same. like the Nagash head spell thing looks like the throne from the Arcane Hazards set juiced up. In fact it does make me think they could/should/might give AoS rules for all the models in the Arcane Hazards set, makes sense to me as they're very much just a novelty addition for Underworlds, so giving them a bit more purpose would no doubt shift a few more.

It's more than just similar... maybe it's just me but to my eyes these are identical. Maybe there's a couple more cracks on the pyramids? And it's been photographed from the other side.  I guess the Forbidden Power one is probably a bit larger? 

I'm not one to jump on the 'lazy GW just reuses CAD files!!!' train, but this is weird IMO. 

AdepticonReveals-Mar27-Spells13jjcvdbghvd.jpg

WHUWPreOrderPreview-Sep16-ArcaneHazards5oc.jpg

Edited by robinlvalentine

32 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

AdepticonReveals-Mar27-WHUWProfiteers5jkvdbhfw-665x399.jpg.7b8f743639dbe8c536215c372184e39e.jpg

Not to be negative, I'm very happy that KO have theyr underworld warband but I was expecting a more "AoS" oriented band. I see two Arkanauts that we already have, a Skywarden, a Thunderer and a Khemist. Nothing "new" like Sylvaneth band, the troll one or whatever...

Im very happy with it. An alternatibe khemist? For roughly the same as the regular khemist? Yes please. It’s just that an arkanaut  with skyhook would be more useful 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

I'm not one to jump on the 'lazy GW just reuses CAD files!!!' train, but this is weird IMO. 

ah yeah actually closer than I thought, maybe it was the addition of the base that threw me. still I think the arcane hazards are nice models, I got them as much for use in AoS as in WHU (in fact I think a couple of them err on the side of being a bit of a pain in WHU) and can't imagine they were a huge must buy for most people when released so might as well give them another chance to shine.

2 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Im very happy with it. An alternatibe khemist? For roughly the same as the regular khemist? Yes please. It’s just that an arkanaut  with skyhook would be more useful 

I like the models but do you think someone would question it if I bring the one that I already have to an event? They are not very different...

2 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

I like the models but do you think someone would question it if I bring the one that I already have to an event? They are not very different...

What do you mean? The Underworlds Khemist for an AoS Event or the AoS Khemist for an Underworlds event?

In both cases you should be fine. They have the same base size and have the same equipment. 

5 minutes ago, JPjr said:

ah yeah actually closer than I thought, maybe it was the addition of the base that threw me. still I think the arcane hazards are nice models, I got them as much for use in AoS as in WHU (in fact I think a couple of them err on the side of being a bit of a pain in WHU) and can't imagine they were a huge must buy for most people when released so might as well give them another chance to shine.

I mean, if they just reboxed and rereleased that kit with AOS warscrolls, thumbs up from me. But having one of the models for what's supposed to be this big exciting new campaign set be a reused asset from a (presumably) failed Underworlds terrain release... that's disappointing IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Nah, you can basically buy the set and never paint them. Just take the regular equivalent. It’s what I’ll do while they wait to be painted. Just make sure it’s the right equipment. 

48 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

To be fair, those warbands are more an exception than a rule. Magore's fiends bloodwarriors are the one from the easy to build box, with reversed pose. The chainrasp from the nighthaunt warbands are the same from the soul war box with added details. The vanguards hunters and evocators can be made with a classic box (only the leader is """unique""" ). And most of the others warbands feature units who already exist and add nothing new to the army (liberators, evocators, bloodreavers, clanrats, some vulkites...)

1 hour ago, Furuzzolo said:

This to me sort of cements my feelings about KO which is that for all that their masks are cool the fact they all wear them makes it pretty much impossible for them not to just look like clones. 

It works with SC because they’re meant to look monolithic and impenetrable. An army of privateers all looking the same doesn’t work nearly as well.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Nos said:

This to me sort of cements my feelings about KO which is that for all that their masks are cool the fact they all wear them makes it pretty much impossible for them not to just look like clones. 

It works with SC because they’re meant to look monolithic and impenetrable. An army of privateers all looking the same doesn’t work nearly as well.

On the other hand, Fyreslayers are all bare heads but look like clones too. Perhaps they should meet each other half way

27 minutes ago, Walrustaco said:

On the other hand, Fyreslayers are all bare heads but look like clones too. Perhaps they should meet each other half way

Masks +  underpants

Edited by Nos
  • Haha 1

Just now, chord said:

Super disappointed on Forbidden Power.  We are drowning in endless spells. 

I was hoping for campaign books like the Realmgate Wars so we could have a living narrative. 

Maybe it may cheer you up that FP is not all about new Endless spells. It seems rather like a supplement which can be used for bigger and more immense battle, like old Apocalypse in 40k. The Endless Spells are just an gimick so they can still include some models inside.

By the way, did anyone noticed that Nagashs head is one of thoose?

3 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Maybe it may cheer you up that FP is not all about new Endless spells. It seems rather like a supplement which can be used for bigger and more immense battle, like old Apocalypse in 40k. The Endless Spells are just an gimick so they can still include some models inside.

By the way, did anyone noticed that Nagashs head is one of thoose?

Thanks but only if I can get the book without the spells.