The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, michu said:

GW said they will have announcements shortly after the start. GAMA starts in 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Only registration. Seminars start in 4 hours and 15 minutes.

(The GW seminars actually only start tomorrow, but they promised something today, so we can't be sure what "start" they referred to)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Retro said:

Rumour from /aosg/, so a good chance it is made up. But hey, it's the rumour thread not the fact thread 🤣

Rumors from Dakkkadakka
>New ogor faction on the way
>Enormous models, each is about twice the height of a current ogor model and even fatter
>Armies will consist of only a handfull of them, but they will each hit like small monsters
>Food/fire theme, Butchers will be the main heroes of the faction
>Centerpiece model is a butcher riding a massive pig dragging a cauldron of gore
>Will be called Gutbusters, but most current ogor models will be squated

That's a pretty long shot rumor imo xD. Still, thanks for sharing it!

No way they squat the plastic Ogre  range. Unless there is some unforeseen disaster and the molds crack/ are in poor shape, those kits still stand up to scrutiny. My two cents, just from a business perspective, if Gutbusters are getting an update (which they SHOULD :P ) they fit the release style that GW used with DoK. Ogre's are not a popular enough faction, or in dire enough need, to get a huge release like Gloomspite gitz.

They have solid troops, and they're in plastic, and good supporting piece in the scrap launcher. What they lack is a defined HQ kit, and some additional toys. If anything will get squated it will be the resin characters. They have a ton of character, but GW is trying to shift to plastic. Some might stick around, but not all.

It's more likely that the entire range would just be squatted, then being squatted and replaced by the same thing but "bigger, and fatter". I could, however, see a new butcher/tyrant HQ kit BEING bigger then other ogres. Just to make them pop on the table more! I do agree that if we see an update, it will certainly have some fire/food theme though. Works too well with the beastclaw, and the firebelly will surely influence the design team.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

That's a pretty long shot rumor imo xD. Still, thanks for sharing it!

No way they squat the plastic Ogre  range. Unless there is some unforeseen disaster and the molds crack/ are in poor shape, those kits still stand up to scrutiny. My two cents, just from a business perspective, if Gutbusters are getting an update (which they SHOULD :P ) they fit the release style that GW used with DoK. Ogre's are not a popular enough faction, or in dire enough need, to get a huge release like Gloomspite gitz.

They have solid troops, and they're in plastic, and good supporting piece in the scrap launcher. What they lack is a defined HQ kit, and some additional toys. If anything will get squated it will be the resin characters. They have a ton of character, but GW is trying to shift to plastic. Some might stick around, but not all.

It's more likely that the entire range would just be squatted, then being squatted and replaced by the same thing but "bigger, and fatter". I could, however, see a new butcher/tyrant HQ kit BEING bigger then other ogres. Just to make them pop on the table more! I do agree that if we see an update, it will certainly have some fire/food theme though. Works too well with the beastclaw, and the firebelly will surely influence the design team.

Agreed. The current plastic ogor troops (Bulls, Belchers and Guts) are really fantastic models. I'd be very sad to see them go.

I COULD see them possibly squatting most of the heroes. They're mostly finecast and, as you say, that would be the opportunity to have super huge monstrous infantry.

All of the Gutbuster/Firebelly heroes are Finecast, actually. They're not really amazing sculpts either, and there isn't a huge range of them, (Tyrant, Butcher, Butcher with Cauldron, Firebelly) so it's the one thing I would not be surprised to see squatted entirely.

At the very least, there's room for Hero models that aren't just slightly larger infantry.

The other big pile of Finecast comes from the Maneaters, which include two re-purposed Old World Heroes, no bets on whether those get replaced, left as is, or just tossed. IIRC, the Gutbuster description on the website makes no mention of ManEaters, so hard to say one way or the other what their future will be.

Edited by madmac

I do like the Firebelly, I had a really bad experience putting mine together so I'm biased against him.  I just want a plastic replacement, honestly.

The Tyrant/Butcher kits are just rough. Lots of gaps, clunky details, and don't get me started on the cauldron chains/hooks. That kit especially just doesn't work in Finecast IMO. It's not surprising to me that most people seem to just convert both heroes from the basic Ogor kits instead.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, madmac said:

I do like the Firebelly, I had a really bad experience putting mine together so I'm biased against him.  I just want a plastic replacement, honestly.

That I can agree with.  I'm sad that so many good sculpts are ruined by the fact they are either metal or finecast (e.g. Arch-Warlock - seriously, it's perfect).

5 hours ago, Retro said:

Rumour from /aosg/, so a good chance it is made up. But hey, it's the rumour thread not the fact thread 🤣

Rumors from Dakkkadakka
>New ogor faction on the way
>Enormous models, each is about twice the height of a current ogor model and even fatter
>Armies will consist of only a handfull of them, but they will each hit like small monsters
>Food/fire theme, Butchers will be the main heroes of the faction
>Centerpiece model is a butcher riding a massive pig dragging a cauldron of gore
>Will be called Gutbusters, but most current ogor models will be squated

As much as a new ogor faction like this would be dope, I'm placing no stock in this rumor. No way they get rid of the plastic ogor boxes they already have, especially after reboxing them not long ago. I also don't believe GW would put that much effort into Gutbusters.

First GAMA announcements up...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/11/breaking-news-from-gama/

And no AoS news yet, so hopefully to make up for that we're just minutes away from someone threatening GW with a class action lawsuit as the promised 'unmissable reveal' has failed to live up to 'the hype'. Exciting times!

More updates at 8pm and midnight (GMT) tomorrow.

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

We have Halflings (in BB, but still)!

Ok, who's going to make halfling Freeguild army ?

EDIT: Kal Jericho is another perfect model for Freeguild General conversion (if someone want to deal with resin).

Edited by michu

I think you could easily (or almost easily) put swords or spears in their hands and shield in others for laid-back freeguild guards (You could also kitbash hot pot catapult, use three of them as a crew and play it as a count-as-cannon).

Edited by michu

2 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Those halfings are awesome. My favourite bloodbowl team so far. I’m glad gw put up a schedule. Still hoping that one of the remaining three updates is Warcry.

As GAMA is focused on boxed / board games, it has to be (well.. Sigmar's willing...). 

So if Necromunda, (main range) Kill Team and Blood Bowl are already covered, we still have : 

- More news on "true" boardgames like that Stormvault thing (≠ Forbidden vault, AOS expansion probably coming later) ; 

- Warhammer Underworlds, probably Kharadron (or the "streamlined" version of Nightvault) ; 

- Kill Team : Inquisition (new models, so different slot as KT : Elite ?)

- Warhammer Quest : BSF expansions (we've already seen new Explorers in "Combat Arena") or (as hinted by Pete F. in one of the last podcast episode) a new Quest game for AOS  ?

- WAOS : WARCRY (bring it on :D

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I know this will seem like I'm being super negative but someone might as well say it...

I'm annoyed they hyped up a big preview and didn't show a single aos related thing. 

Yes I know they will probably show stuff tomorrow but I'm still irked. 

TBH they didn't say specifically for AoS either. the Killteam stuff is actually pretty big in context of that game but nothing that would interest AoS players

Also the actual GW seminar is tomorrow anyway

Edited by novakai
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, novakai said:

TBH they didn't say specifically for AoS either. the Killteam stuff is actually pretty big in context of that game but nothing that would interest AoS players

Also the actual GW seminar is tomorrow anyway

I think it's more when stuff is shared via the official aos Facebook page I take that to mean it has some relation to aos. Yesterday they shared something about a huge preview starting today so I thought we'd get something even if just a "hype" image. For the same reason the daemon engine was slightly irritating in that it was obviously 40k only yet posted on the aos page each day. 

Also kill team makes me laugh in a way, it started off as basic troops only, then heroes and now elites. If they add vehicles they'll have a really great battle game on their hands... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I think it's more when stuff is shared via the official aos Facebook page I take that to mean it has some relation to aos. Yesterday they shared something about a huge preview starting today so I thought we'd get something even if just a "hype" image. For the same reason the daemon engine was slightly irritating in that it was obviously 40k only yet posted on the aos page each day. 

Also kill team makes me laugh in a way, it started off as basic troops only, then heroes and now elites. If they add vehicles they'll have a really great battle game on their hands... 

To be fair they posted a schedule for the preview and news. Today was the first, they have two reveals tomorrow and one the day after tomorrow.

I also didnt expected kill team: elite. That doesnt make any sense for me, unless its for selling elite unit to people who just have 10 guardsmen. And so they can just jump to regular 40k easily. But yeah i feel ya, thats weird. It would have made more sense to have one guy "elite" to act as the commander of the team.

Still hope to see something for warcry, and hope its kill-team similar, maybe with a box full of terrain.

• Like 4