The Rumour Thread

8 hours ago, Ironbreaker said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say, Dispossessed confirmed. 

longbeard head.png

I seriously doubt if a disposessed  statue showing up in a new grot/trogroth model should be considered to be a strong lead for a upcomming disposessed release, but if it is here is another one:

E115FE16-8F7E-4749-84B9-ED9F1A521AEC.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lowki said:

I seriously doubt if a disposessed  statue showing up in a new grot/trogroth model should be considered to be a strong lead for a upcomming disposessed release, but if it is here is another one:

E115FE16-8F7E-4749-84B9-ED9F1A521AEC.jpeg

Here's all four references found so far in the Gloomspite release. I know it means nothing definitively, but when you play an army that doesn't have a battletome and feels a bit left out in the grand scope of the setting, you get a little excited when GW remembers you exist after four years and four Stormcast battletomes.

1547244933831.png

• Like 4

On 1/5/2019 at 10:25 AM, GeneralZero said:

The calculation by GW is only a simple addition with no rebate. Since when GW does discount????? LOL:P9_9

Yeah ikr, you are probably right. In this particular case the deal even turns out to be slightly more expensive than when bought seperately 😳.

However, earlier this year I took the effort to compare this for similar deals, and if I remember correctly some of them were actually considerably less expensive than seperate kits.  And there are always the SC boxes that are still  fair discounts, even after expected price raises

4 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

Here's all four references found so far in the Gloomspite release. I know it means nothing definitively, but when you play an army that doesn't have a battletome and feels a bit left out in the grand scope of the setting, you get a little excited when GW remembers you exist after four years and four Stormcast battletomes.

1547244933831.png

Yeah for sure. Missed the other two, nice catch. 

And yes I agree  this is a good reason  to expect a dispossed Battletome sooner or later.  

Given the current strategy  GW seem to follow, I guess few things can happen with factions that currently have no battletome. Either they are removed, moved into legends, merged with one or more other factions into a new one, or upgraded and get a proper battletome. With so many references to them in recently released models, I think chances are very small them to be removed, so I would think they will get their own BT, if not merged (?? Not sure what to think if that would happen)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lowki said:

And yes I agree  this is a good reason  to expect a dispossed Battletome sooner or later.  

Given the current strategy  GW seem to follow, I guess few things can happen with factions that currently have no battletome. Either they are removed, moved into legends, merged with one or more other factions into a new one, or upgraded and get a proper battletome. With so many references to them in recently released models, I think chances are very small them to be removed, so I would think they will get their own BT, if not merged (?? Not sure what to think if that would happen)

I'd expect more then likely the new Gloomspite BT is the going to be the norm, taking factions that are the same race together into one book and giving them a sort of unified theme, personally I think it's the best way to go with the "older" factions like dispossessed make them a sort of heavily mechanised infantry force (a few ground based vehicles and self propelled arty) to act as an intermediate between then flyers of the Kharadron and the infantry of the Fyreslayers 

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

There is a big difference between the in game practicality of keywords and the lore which makes a point of describing them as more than humans. Souls plucked from warriors given a body in his likeness. There are even stormcast forged from elven souls. (Very rare but mentioned in one of the books) 

From the core rulebook, Battletome elaborates more of you are interested. So demigods, as much magic as flesh. 

<snip>

But they are humans, the books describe them as humans that have been enaced by magic (and have been given a splinter of Sigmar's own essence) and nowhere they are dedcribed as NOT humans.

Yes they are not the same humans as we are, but I still see them as humans.

So let me ask you a question, are chaos warriors still humans? (They are chaos-powered and mutated humans).

Yeah, but Chaos warriors aren't pulled apart and remade, arriving into battle on bolts of lightning, and on death being released as pure magic to ascend to the heavens and then be reassembled.  Space Marines from 40k are closer to normal humans than Stormcast, who are really more like the current Seraphon are, but in the shape of humans, at least as far as I (someone relatively new to AoS) am concerned.

Edited by Aegisgrimm

55 minutes ago, Lowki said:

Was there any faction removed? (after Bret and TK i mean)

I am really hoping for a BT for dispossesed! Grudge dwarves are cool dwarves.

It also makes me wonder about my near 6k of High Elves (from all the current factions combined). We are in a weired spot, some of our plastics are exclusive from spire of dawn set.

We are gonna have new Aelves, but wonder how they are gona fit with current ones (if at all) or if we are getting our own BT. We are currently one of the few  factions still packed as WHFB with square bases...

• Like 1

All the Dispossessed references on the Gloomspite Gitz do seem pretty significant to me. Not in the sense of 'OMG GW teasing new battletome!!!!' necessarily, but it does mean that a) the idea of dwarves as a traditional enemy of goblins is still strong in the team's mind and b) at least some time has been spent concepting and nailing down what the 'look' of the Dispossessed is in the context of Age Of Sigmar, which we've seen before with stuff like the Harbingers and the Silver Tower models. I know they're just bits of masonry and stuff, but I don't think the sculptors take anything lightly, and we know that GW plans things years in advance sometimes, laying solid groundwork for stuff now so that it can be the basis of something later. 

At the very least, it means they consider the Dispossessed in some form to be a key part of the setting, enough to work out their 'look' going forward.

Now at the same time that doesn't necessarily mean they're getting new models or even a battletome in the future - they could just be a background element, something that's mentioned in the lore and hinted at in new models, but not reborn as a new army - but it does indicate that they're not getting written out any time soon, and team members are thinking seriously about them 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Bradipo322 said:

But they are humans, the books describe them as humans that have been enaced by magic (and have been given a splinter of Sigmar's own essence) and nowhere they are dedcribed as NOT humans.

Yes they are not the same humans as we are, but I still see them as humans.

So let me ask you a question, are chaos warriors still humans? (They are chaos-powered and mutated humans).

Like this discussion btw. 

Yes Chaos warriors are mutated humans (mostly) by chaos. Sigmar saves the souls of warriors, so no more bodies, and forges them into something new. So besides the soul, the memories, there is nothing human about it. 

• Like 1

Dispossessed references might be historical though - Dwarves and Grots always had a lot of fighting between them so it stands to reason that those icons could just be nods to historical references. 

We have to be careful when interpreting lore and actuality. The Old World lore had Nippon, Araby and others that were oft mentioned as existing, but never had armies (Araby did get a Warmaster army though). Meanwhile even in AoS we get references to things that might or might not never come to be. Eg in Inferno 2 one of the early stories talks of water nymphs battling against the forces of Chaos alongside the Sylvanath; along with the possibility of giant sea serpents. Now these could be a big hint at a creature that might be coming to be added to the Sylvanath army roster; or it might be the writer using creative licence or it might be fully realised lore that just never makes it into the full game at all. 

Heck for some reason Khinerai have one body that has a stormcast helm strapped to their hip and no reason (that I'm aware of) has been presented for that design choice. 

We get bits of lore all the time and the Realm system means that we can get huge chunks of potential since Dwarves in different realms will differ here and there. Some of those diferences might feel like new armies or models to come - there's potential all around. And some might never come to be, or they are references to old things form the Old World

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Overread said:

Dispossessed references might be historical though - Dwarves and Grots always had a lot of fighting between them so it stands to reason that those icons could just be nods to historical references. 

We have to be careful when interpreting lore and actuality. The Old World lore had Nippon, Araby and others that were oft mentioned as existing, but never had armies (Araby did get a Warmaster army though). Meanwhile even in AoS we get references to things that might or might not never come to be. Eg in Inferno 2 one of the early stories talks of water nymphs battling against the forces of Chaos alongside the Sylvanath; along with the possibility of giant sea serpents. Now these could be a big hint at a creature that might be coming to be added to the Sylvanath army roster; or it might be the writer using creative licence or it might be fully realised lore that just never makes it into the full game at all. 

Heck for some reason Khinerai have one body that has a stormcast helm strapped to their hip and no reason (that I'm aware of) has been presented for that design choice. 

We get bits of lore all the time and the Realm system means that we can get huge chunks of potential since Dwarves in different realms will differ here and there. Some of those diferences might feel like new armies or models to come - there's potential all around. And some might never come to be, or they are references to old things form the Old World

Exactly. People are ready way to much in to every release now. It's not way a hint at a new battletome. It's the same thing as the high elf turned to stone on morathi's base. It's a nod to other things that exist or have existed at some point in time in the realms.

I saw it as more than likely as a nod to the history of the realms. Once upon a time, their were dwarves that lived under the ground, but one day goblins and skaven drove them from their homes and into the cities of sigmar and the skies of the realms(KO) leaving their old ways behind. Goblins now live in the dank, which is nothing more than old forgotten dwarven cities,  after years and years of neglect. Their old statues make for useful weapons for trogs.

not only that but both KO and Fyreslayers both look like classic dwarves underneath their helmets. This could just be one of their cities that the goblins raided. Even the art work shows that KO don't spend all day, everyday walking around in their 'work' clothes. They are not going to be putting up statues of themselves in boiler suits and DMs.

It's not a hint to anything. The only thing I might agree that it is, other than 'rule of cool' is perhaps this is a left over from WFB days. Maybe some of these sculpts were being worked on during the end times (which is why they fit the battle of skull pass terrain and troops so well) but it's taken till now to give them an AoS work over, or perhaps it's reused designs.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

not only that but both KO and Fyreslayers both look like classic dwarves underneath their helmets. This could just be one of their cities that the goblins raided. Even the art work shows that KO don't spend all day, everyday walking around in their 'work' clothes. They are not going to be putting up statues of themselves in boiler suits and DMs.

Ko dosn't really care about traditions, only barak thryng duardins builds great halls with statues to the gods, other skyport are not so into wasting money. That's oversimplified but yeah...

Like i said in other discussion (and after you paint 40 longbeards and irondrakes you know) i clearly see longbeards helm in the statue. Not ko helmet, nor fyreslayers one. 

By the way you are right, that only set the background for the trolls and dosn't 100% mean news for Dispossessed. They just looted a duardin stronghold.

Here we talk rumors and that's just like commentating a rumor engine post, why you feel the need to shout down our duardin fun?😪

• Haha 2

Here are some facts;

Dispossessed have a good amount of plastic kits. Most of which are fairly new sculpts in the scheme of things. 

Dispossessed are, for whatever reason, surprisingly popular (if you follow reddit, here, 4chan etc and I've seen a few people play them irl). 

Books that sell existing kits are a good way to boost sales. 

Dispossessed exist in fluff and are shown multiple times on new gloomspite models. 

Does this mean a dispossessed tome is likely to be soon? No idea. I would be very strongly that there will be one though. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

I would not bet for new BT/models soon. But could they have a future? Absolutely. GW showed some escepticism at AoS launch about developing armies based on their old, more traditional lines. But that has certainly changed with NH and Gloomspite. And traditional dwarves are popular. Plus, Grugni and crazy Grugni stuff only seem to fit there. FS is Grimnir and KO are not directly working with him ATM.

Not to ruin anybody’s fun but maybe we can come up with a format of post that actually has rumors in it instead of folks geeking all over each other.  Something like ... 

++++++++++++++++++++++

insert actual rumors here

++++++++++++++++++++++

That way folks like myself who keep falling for increased post counts in this thread can quickly scan through and ignore irrelevant posts. Just a thought.

• Like 3

well, a battle tome for Tolkien's duradin is kinda good as that means oath gold gonna be returning. this leaves legion of azgoth and their variant of the realm gold remaining and man  I   really like to know how duradin menage to separate gold in such different forms. 

Additionally, I noticed something odd about that cannon that the dankhold troggoth has around it's neck. 

It appears to have a cracked, glass chamber to house the cannonball. Now I'm no expert in ballistics, but using glass for something that has to contain explosions, seems counterproductive.  So I wouldn't be surprised if some type of lightning cannons will start showing  up in the future too. 

99120209053_DankholdTroggoth01.jpg

So if I have to take a wild stab in the dark for the future, I could see dispossessed slightly reimagined in a storm/lightning kind of way as well. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, robinlvalentine said:

and b) at least some time has been spent concepting and nailing down what the 'look' of the Dispossessed is in the context of Age Of Sigmar

This was my thought as well once I started seeing these.  They simultaneously have a new and different look from previous Dwarf stuff but yet still retain a lot of elements of the old aesthetic to look like an evolution rather than a replacement.

They put some thought into those dispossessed elements and I am not sure they would have bothered if they were not also concepting new stuff.  But who knows how far off that might be - it could be quite a ways off.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, novakai said:

Fyreslayer are one of the oldest Battletomes though, sure they are not in the same state as KO but they are also very outdated (if not also lacking in option and model variance)

Do they have anything but mad angry naked midgets (and big lava lizarsd) ?