The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, RexHavoc said:

DoK, KO, BCR...are recent enough releases that a a sudden reprint of the battletomes would cause as stir that they were returning to the sort of release cycle of the last couple of editions (something they seemed to want to do away with with AoS) but just that bit too old to have gotten the new stuff like the terrain and spells.

A giant moving glacier for BCR would be bad-ass.

• Like 2

Taking into consideration what the battletome says about Aethergold, here's what I got:

Aetherspheric condensator

All wizards -1 to cast

Units in (range) get -2 bravery on 4+ and 6+ does d3 MW

Kharadron: only suffer on 6 and don't take MW, immune to battleshock in (shorter range)

Edited by Realmhead

2 hours ago, cofaxest said:

Mobile repair and refuel station with some guns, or mobile aether powercore that generates w and mw protection and can attack or aether "eye of the storm" type of powercore that generates aetherstorm around it.

All ko buildings would be so high up nothing would ever get close to them though. So even ko buildings down below make no sense. The best I can think of is some sort if aether lighthouse/beacon to guide ships in dangerous or highly populated areas. These would make sense just about anywhere dangerous. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Barkanaut said:

All ko buildings would be so high up nothing would ever get close to them though. So even ko buildings down below make no sense. The best I can think of is some sort if aether lighthouse/beacon to guide ships in dangerous or highly populated areas. These would make sense just about anywhere dangerous. 

I'm fairly sure in the black library book on KO that they had docks on higher mountain peaks for trading with folks on the ground.  So you could still do a sky dock of some sort and have it make sense.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Drofnum said:

I'm fairly sure in the black library book on KO that they had docks on higher mountain peaks for trading with folks on the ground.  So you could still do a sky dock of some sort and have it make sense.

Yeah I guess that too makes sense. I was figuring that next. Still terrain will be far and few in between unless they make a sky port battle board for us lol. Which I would buy asap lol. 

3 hours ago, RexHavoc said:

Ko might not get access to magic as we currently see it, but they are one of the main factions of AoS with out endless spells or a terrain feature.
You can all but guarantee that Stormcast will get a terrain feature as soon as they get their next update.

You dont have to need to give KO magic for them to have endless spells. They could tap into magical energies for the realms, or GW could use this a chance to expand endless spells from just magic to other similar ideas. They could get fuel supplies, aether gold deposits or defence turrets that all offer bonuses. 

The biggest issue AoS has right now is that the current model of releases seems to have gone down rather well with the community, yet some of the more recent armies which are quite popular, DoK, KO, BCR...are recent enough releases that a a sudden reprint of the battletomes would cause as stir that they were returning to the sort of release cycle of the last couple of editions (something they seemed to want to do away with with AoS) but just that bit too old to have gotten the new stuff like the terrain and spells.

Yeah If an army desperately needs models to fix it because rules alone won’t then do it I say. That or major rules overhauls. There’s no reason not to expect models for one of the most popular non-Stormcast factions this year. Especially when the faction in question is one of the worst in the game and it’s supposed to be an AoS specific army. I doubt DoK would get anything though it’s not 1e like the rumor said and rules wise is fantastic. But who knows. BCR will likely get something too maybe as much as I love bcr they seem to be about average in popularity so that could affect what they get because they are so recent? Just me speculating here. 

My opinion is that gw will rework first all factions with magics so they can make their endless in the process and after they will rework all faction without heavy magic (like dwarves, freepeoples,khorne, orks, ogors/bcr) 

These last faction need something to be as good as endless spells but without changing their style

In favor of this is the fact that they didn't already did nothing with slaanesh, they probably want to make it a heavy antimagic faction

Edited by calcysimon

2 minutes ago, calcysimon said:

My opinion is that gw will rework all faction with magics so they can make their endless in the process and after they will rework all faction without heavy magic (like dwarves, freepeoples,khorne, orks, ogors/bcr) 

These last faction need something to be as good as endless spells but without changing their style

Endless science for ko and and endless ruins for other Dawn. Done lol. 

Edited by Barkanaut
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kyriakin said:

A giant moving glacier for BCR would be bad-ass.

That and my dream unit would be frostlord on a flying ice ray firing giant flying winter bird of death. It would be a unique twist to see since most of the time in fantasy you see the good guys with flying birds of some sort. 

If I can jump in with some suggestions?  This is what the Overlords could have for a themed terrain piece.  A steam punk dwarven version of it at any rate.  After all, I'm sure that those ships need to land at some point...

Another point, I think it is time that we bit the bullet and allowed Overlords to use magic.  That is to say, the Navigator could use magic.  This is an idea I've discussed with my friends.  If a navigator can manipulate the Aethergold in the air to block enemy magic, why can't he manipulate it to trigger magical effects?  Using science to achieve the same ends as a wizard?  Look at the Lore Of Metal for inspiration, with celestial effects too (Aethernadoes!) 

It's ironic I know, and it requires a massive rethink of everything we know about dwarves, but at the moment, the KO are bottom tier and deprived of two of the now key aspects of the game; terrain and endless spells, and that's not fair.  Plus, the poor neglected Navigator might get a shoe in now if he's a 'Wizard'.

• Like 2

dwarfs and khorne dont do magic, people just need to accept that and move on.

those armies should however be compenstated by either being able to ignore the affects of magic or have an easier time of shutting down magic
i dont buy the suggestion that khorne is compenstated for lack of magic via their melee abilities

also, i dont play competitively so please help me understand why Overlords are concidered to be so bad? because the only change im really aware of is the Thunderers warscrolls changing to reflect the actual box contents so you cant build units of 5 mortars anymore

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

those armies should however be compenstated by either being able to ignore the affects of magic or have an easier time of shutting down magic
i dont buy the suggestion that khorne is compenstated for lack of magic via their melee abilities

also, i dont play competitively so please help me understand why Overlords are concidered to be so bad? because the only change im really aware of is the Thunderers warscrolls changing to reflect the actual box contents so you cant build units of 5 mortars anymore

Aren't the boats terrible for their cost?

Khorne should get endless prayers.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

1 Grundstock nerf

2 Alchemist nerf (cost more and more)

3 -1 to hit on heroes

4 can't shoot normally when engaged

5 low def (5+ save with no way to ignore mw)

6 ships are to fragile and expansive to be a chargeblock. 

15 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Imho, they are not bottom tier, they just lack...gameplay.

Let me explain, KO were a shooty army without magic. They were designed to make a gunline with boats (ppl played them for an alpha strike or just to block zones with their bases, something that is not really... interesting, btw). First nerfs were aimed to our mortar spam (classic gunline, just changing canons for g. thunderers), so the alpha strike started to grow in our community (if we can't shoot you from our home, we kill you in our first turn). After that, some armies started to have better alpha strike (SCE), and others had some debuffs vs shooting (Nurgle) and all new armies had some new and interesting mechanics. And then, AoS2 arrived. With new mechanics that nerfed shooting a bit more (look out sir and engaged units) and a new suplement  that expanded the magic phase with new mechanics (endless spells), the future started to look bad. Even all new armies (ID and DoK) had more defensives buffs for shooting atacks, new mechanics like summoning didn't help in our quirurgic style of play (at this moment, we usually play a gunline with arkanauts and use buffed endrinriggers to remove our biggest threads and hope that the enemy can't recover from that hit, or just the classic alpha strike with lots of balloons to make exactly the same). And here we are. It's not that we are the worst, but it seems that we are not designes for AoS (even khorne has prayers and summonig!!!).

I'm not saying that we want endless spells (btw, I don't want spells nor prayers for KO, we don't believe in that, just a new type of abilities!) or terrain (we build skyports...common GW!!!), but something that have  the feeling that we are playing with flying steampunk dwarven pirates.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, chord said:

What would KO terrain look like?  A cloud?  😀

I was thinking, since KO are basically pirates, that their terrain piece would be a part of a ruined holdfast, probably another ruined tower. Or, as was mentioned earlier, a refueling/refitting station.

Edited by ReynakZhen

40 minutes ago, ReynakZhen said:

I was thinking, since KO are basically pirates, that their terrain piece would be a part of a ruined holdfast, probably another ruined tower. Or, as was mentioned earlier, a refueling/refitting station.

They aren’t though only Barak-mhornar are and a few other minor ports (I assume). The bulk of the faction is clearly orderly and trading if you read the lore. They are more akin to the British Empire in the age of sail. 

Edited by Barkanaut
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

dwarfs and khorne dont do magic

Well, a long time ago  in the world that was, way before the End Times (3rd ed fantasy),  Dwarven wizards did exist, skilled in many different branches of magic.  Who knows if a dwarf will be born in the new world, attuned to the ancient arts of the Forefathers and restore the practice of magic and conjuration to his or her people.

• Like 1

I was really hyped to start a Gloomspite Gitz army and didn't pay much attention to Stubbas and Shootas until now. Why on earth GW makes all that shiny models of squigs, troggoths and mushrooms and then leaves most standard unit that will be the backbone of most armies looking like an old s**t? Really. A unit that will come somewhere between 40-100 models is made of boring clones, all in the same poses. It doesn't even come close to their today's standard of let's say Bloodreavers or Namarti Thralls. They are ugly. I'd rather they skipped snufflers or other second priority unit and remade the most common one. I don't get it. This might be the only reason I skip this release. Have to check later how playable are GG lists without a single unit of stabbas or shootas. 

• Haha 2