The Rumour Thread

Whilst the scales might be a bit in the large side the hints could be for the new Keeper of Secrets. If you look at the current seekers of Slaanesh, a number of them have scaled backs, and if you look at the heads on the new Fiends you'll see a scaly area behind the eyes.

They don't look quite the same but assuming the scale on the Keeper is a lot bigger this could be part of a scaly section on them (maybe a tail?)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yoshiya said:

Whilst the scales might be a bit in the large side the hints could be for the new Keeper of Secrets. If you look at the current seekers of Slaanesh, a number of them have scaled backs, and if you look at the heads on the new Fiends you'll see a scaly area behind the eyes.

They don't look quite the same but assuming the scale on the Keeper is a lot bigger this could be part of a scaly section on them (maybe a tail?)

I don't think that Slaanesh is coming anytime soon-ish, 

I think it will be Wh40k release - first Wh40k with some kind of new deamons, Fulgrim, and then AoS with Keeper of Secrets/named keeper (I think N'Kari is possible especially for AoS) but who knows :D 

Just now, michu said:

Well, it's actually written by a fan not by community team.

Approved of and posted by GW... They even took the time to embed links to buy the model.  It doesn't seem like something they would want to do if the discontinuation of that model was imminent. 

10 hours ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

I suspected that Slannesh would be coupled with Malerion and teclis, but I’ve changed my opinion on that. 

Gw have stated clearly that the  Slannesh following is thriving regardless of the incarceration of the god. That and the fact wrath and rapture is on way, makes me believe that a new kos and maybe some new mortal units will be out 2019. 

They can do this and then still hold back the Slannesh vs Malerion/teclis story stream for 2020.

Although I agree that gw will have a planned 10 year revenue stream similar to companies like marvel, I also think that: A; gw do not have the scale of marvels cult following and need to strike while the hobby is so hot, and B; the mortal realms are so limitless that there are simply dozens and dozens of amazing factions they could do, to keep that revenue stream pumping for 10 years (and many more). 

Their release cycle Is timetabled well before things are hot or otherwise. I’m willing to bet that all of 2019 was planned early this year at the very latest. And because things have gone so well the past few years I think they will stake their trust in their future planning rather than reacting to trends. Nothing to suggest they need to change their approach in respect to how well it’s selling.  

While nothing is certain (ahem Brexit) I think their approach so far shows they’re playing the long game with AOS and are more interested in laying a stable foundation that generates its own success through investing in a solid foundation for the Mortal Realms and making that as rich and expansive as the Old World, rather than chasing the hits.  In essence they might miss out on a few No 1 singles as it were but they’re more interested in developing a record label.

1 hour ago, Sadysaneto said:

no news on new skirmish?

Bottle, cough it out already!!! 😝

Since it's showing up in White Dwarf without an announcement, it's probably safe to say we won't be getting a proper skirmish scale game set in the AoS universe. Let be honest, the current AoS books is basically garbage. They took the unoriginal idea of treating models as individual units, something people have been doing for AoS skirmish scale games from day one, and threw it in a book with a few scenarios and not much else and skirmish AoS games still need the level of home brew and house rules with the book than they did before the book. My guess is that best case(for now at least) we get "semi-offical" home brew and house rules in  White Dwarf next month, probably a campaign system and perhaps some new suggested rules and maybe it becomes a semi regular thing that new scenarios come out in WD(if they don't already). It's not unheard of for GW to put a chuck of a side game in WD only. I think it's still the only place to find GSC rules for Necromunda(unless they're in the new book). Of course worst case it's a flimsy article of "Hey, AoS skirmish is still a thing, here's some warbands people have built, go buy the book and some models today!".