The Rumour Thread

27 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Interesting. Has anything came back from “no longer available” without being either reboxed or replaced(aside from boxed sets that just go away)?

Extremely rarely like the Shadows over Hammerhal 

All the others just disappear like the vampire lords and other old miniatures. Reboxing it’s usually anticipated by disappearance from the website. Interesting here the timing of this no longer available as we are not expecting new Grots until January at the earliest...

15 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Extremely rarely like the Shadows over Hammerhal 

All the others just disappear like the vampire lords and other old miniatures. Reboxing it’s usually anticipated by disappearance from the website. Interesting here the timing of this no longer available as we are not expecting new Grots until January at the earliest...

The Cairnwraith disappeared well before Nighthaunt came out or were even officially announced if I'm not mistaken, so I guess it's not without precedent that they may not want to rerun production of something that's changing soon. 

5 hours ago, bsharitt said:

The Cairnwraith disappeared well before Nighthaunt came out or were even officially announced if I'm not mistaken, so I guess it's not without precedent that they may not want to rerun production of something that's changing soon. 

In uk the cairn wraith is still avalaible, but the old black coach did disappear a month or so before the new one came out. Interesting enough since it still has his own rules but it’s called Legion Black coach now 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bsharitt said:

Interesting. Has anything came back from “no longer available” without being either reboxed or replaced(aside from boxed sets that just go away)?

"Sold Out online" doesnt mean much. This happens all the time (for example the DoK Blood Cauldron Kit). 

"No longer avaible" is more of a give-away.

3 hours ago, alghero81 said:

In uk the cairn wraith is still avalaible, but the old black coach did disappear a month or so before the new one came out. Interesting enough since it still has his own rules but it’s called Legion Black coach now 

Well the cairnwraith eventually came back everywhere repacked with a round base and AoS packaging. If the cave squigs and other Moonclan units start going to no longer available status in a widespread manner(the squigs in question are still in stock and being sold in the US FWIW), we could be looking at replacements, but probably at least repackaging with rounds.

The 'No longer available' happened with 40k Ork Boyz too. It was just because they were being repackaged into a box with new art and 32mm bases. Seems to be that GW treat them as a separate SKU and therefore make the entry no longer available before replacing it with a near identical looking webstore item later on.

Of course doesn't mean those squigs will come back, I think most of us are hoping for plastic versions to drop!

Yeah it looks like it’s something for Vigilus.

the way it’s painted with a grid makes it look like it’s supposed to be a battlefield hologram. They just used their HQ as the model for the attack.

then again could be a new 40k themed White Dwarf model. Been awhile since one of those came out?

Edited by Mandzak-Miniatures
  • Like 1

Just now, Ragnar Alpaca said:

Yeah it’s karanak. I don’t know anything about khorne tbh and I just assumed it wasn’t moonclan. And the next logical faction I could think of was darkoath. 

Wrath and Rapture will likely get a release before either of those two :)

Screenshot_20181102-234025_Instagram.jpg