The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Jetengine said:

I dont expect anything AOS related till Jan/Feb. November will probably be LOTR related (Hobbit book is on sale, more models reintroduced or released) whilst Christmas will be 40kQuest and Bundles.

While I agree there probably won't be anything AoS now til January, 40kQuest is out this month, and the LOTR release isn't gonna be that big (old models re-released, the Hobbit book is through Forge World). 

43 minutes ago, Luke82 said:

Precisely. And I guess GW have to think what will sell more models and make them more money; a new tome for a thus far neglected faction, or an updated tome for a faction that already has one.

This may be a bit to the side (so apologise for the lack of rumour discussion but this doesn't really deserve it's own thread), but I am certain a Skaven or Free people battletome would get loads of hype from fans. That said, I'm unsure how much of that hype would translate to sales. Beast of Chaos had quite a bit of excitement surrounding their release but they still don't seem super popular in real life. Stormcast seem to be met with middling hype but probably sell loads. 

A Fyreslayer battletome may be more likely than not as GW may see it as rejuvenating what seemed to be a 'disappointing' new army. They invested a lot into the models but looking at how many people play them, they don't seem very popular. Thus a new battletome may be seen as more necessary as older armies have likely made their money back many times over for GW. 

I just find it interesting to speculate on hype vs sales :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nos said:

I mean no-ones entitled to anything to be fair. GW don't release stuff on the basis of who are the most deserving or long suffering fans, they release stuff that will get them more money. 

This is not how you build up your reputation. I mean - you can do always what's profitable and easy and it might work, like let's say Activision with their Call of Duty. But you can take the other path and create a legend around yourself of being most customer friendly fun oriented company that satisfies needs of their clients and thus selling more products, like Rockstar with their GTA and Red Dead Redemption. GW doesn't have to release 115th battletome of Stormcasts even though it will sell well. They might appeal to customers that appreciate world and story building and instead release Skaven, Free Peoples and Grots battletome that will sell to other people. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Aryann said:

This is not how you build up your reputation. I mean - you can do always what's profitable and easy and it might work, like let's say Activision with their Call of Duty. But you can take the other path and create a legend around yourself of being most customer friendly fun oriented company that satisfies needs of their clients and thus selling more products, like Rockstar with their GTA and Red Dead Redemption. GW doesn't have to release 115th battletome of Stormcasts even though it will sell well. They might appeal to customers that appreciate world and story building and instead release Skaven, Free Peoples and Grots battletome that will sell to other people. 

As a public company, at the end of the day GW has a legal responsibility to shareholders, not customers. If something is done for customer satisfaction it is because that is what will be best for the company in the long run (i.e.  increase value for shareholders) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aryann said:

I think GW know better than you how to run their Buisness. You're talking about a company who is in the FTSE 250 on account of selling toy soldiers. They're pretty good at building a reputation.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Nos said:

I think GW know better than you how to run their Buisness. You're talking about a company who is in the FTSE 250 on account of selling toy soldiers. They're pretty good at building a reputation.

You're full of positive comments. Everything I've seen is very passive aggressive towards other users. 

Ahem, 

Rumour doing the rounds tonight is that in addition to the slaanesh herald with the harp from w&r, there is also another herald model to come alongside the KoS release in the future. 

• Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Rumour doing the rounds tonight is that in addition to the slaanesh herald with the harp from w&r, there is also another herald model to come alongside the KoS release in the future. 

I think there a possibility that the Harp herald is a named character like Sloppity Bilepiper,  so it might be two different heralds release  per say and the one release later could be another named character like Spoilpox Scrivener.

Also obviously N'kari would be the alternative build for new KoS model much like Rotigus and Kairos

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

I think there a possibility that the Harp herald is a named character like Sloppity Bilepiper,  so it might be two different heralds release  per say and the one release later could be another named character like Spoilpox Scrivener.

Also obviously N'kari would be the alternative build for new KoS model much like Rotigus and Kairos

You says this but I wasfully expecting kugath not rotigus, in line with the other gods getting named characters that were part of the background. So I think the named kos, which will be a given, might be a wild card. N’kari would be awesome to finally have in minitures format, but I wouldn’t recommend hoping too much as GW has a seperate shareholder investment in destroying hopes and dreams*. But Admittedley Ive actually grown to love Rotigus as a GUO, ironic, and can the impracticality of having a whole seperate sprue or two for kugath, his hordes of Nurglings, and the palanquin. Nkari doesnt sound fa fetched though to have in the kit. Then again Skarband got his own seperate kit, but Khorne Sales justify that I guess.

*90% of the time its our own fault through building up releases through wishlisting though, and then we go *GWyou will rue the day!”. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, novakai said:

Sloppity Bilepiper and Spoilpox Scrivener are not named characters. Just read the warscrolls.  "Sloppity Bilepipers", "A Sloppity Bilepiper" 
These are just the Demon versions of the rotbringer Lords.  3 heralds, 3 lords. 

2 hours ago, HollowHills said:

You're full of positive comments. Everything I've seen is very passive aggressive towards other users. 

Ahem, 

You're full of confusing not getting what you want with GW not knowing what it's doing.

Also I have nearly a hundred more likes than you despite not being here as long. Some I guess enough users don't consider me passive aggressive.

Not wanting to take the thread OT though so apologies to all for any asides 

Edited by Nos
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, quina2525 said:

That rumour engine if deffo Daughters of Khaine underworlds warband. I can feel it right in my iron heart. 

Not to be the bearer of bad news but the warbands for Nightvault have already been revealed (Sacrosanct, Nighthaunt, Tzeentch, Moonclan Grots, Troggoth and friends, Dark Oath, Kharadron and Sylvaneth), that said though they could always get one next season (fingers crossed). It looks very Slanneshi to me, it was mentioned earlier that some worshipers of slaanesh have fake claws imitating daemonettes so this could be one of those or it could be the claw of the harpist in Wrath & Rapture (made for plucking strings and vigorous stabbing).

+++ Mod Hat On +++

10 hours ago, HollowHills said:

8 hours ago, Nos said:

Also I have nearly a hundred more likes than you despite not being here as long. Some I guess enough users don't consider me passive aggressive.

This is really not what we want on TGA. We are all interacting with this forum because we all love and enjoy playing Age of Sigmar. So can I ask you all to think before you reply to comments and think if thats something you really want to say. If somebody has said something you deem as nasty, please raise a report or contact a mod. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ Mod Hat On +++

This is really not what we want on TGA. We are all interacting with this forum because we all love and enjoy playing Age of Sigmar. So can I ask you all to think before you reply to comments and think if thats something you really want to say. If somebody has said something you deem as nasty, please raise a report or contact a mod. 

I apologise, I certainly went a bit too far in conflict. 

Also for implying that someone was a facist earlier in the thread was ad hominem and unfair, for that I also apologise. 

40k rumour this morning that abaddon and black legion are coming next year. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bohemond said:

So, these christmas bundles are all right I guess. But has there been any words about new start collecting boxes?

Specifically DoK, the bundle includes too few snake ladies for me. 

Kharadron Overlords were released in march/april 2017 and got a Start Collecting Box in Febuary 2018. So 10-11 months is a good estimation for other armies. 

I think we will get a Daughters of Khaine box somewhere early next year. 

3 hours ago, Gecktron said:

Kharadron Overlords were released in march/april 2017 and got a Start Collecting Box in Febuary 2018. So 10-11 months is a good estimation for other armies. 

I think we will get a Daughters of Khaine box somewhere early next year. 

Since the Cauldron+Witch Elves was $100, I'm guessing an actual Start Collecting would have the Cauldron(has to because it's the only non-Morathi hero) and probably Khinerai or maybe Melusai. 

A Start Collecting for Idoneth is probably a decent bet too. My guess for that one in an Allopex, Namarti Reavers, and a Tidecaster.

Edited by bsharitt
  • Like 1

Probably means absolutely nothing as it was just a short audiobook, but Dechala the Denied in in AoS now. For those who don't know, she was one of the first (if not the first) Slaanesh named characters so maybe there's a chance of a new model for her (but probably not).  

Screenshot_20181107-192212_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Enoby
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

23 minutes ago, elfhead said:

That’s weird. I liked her but I thought she was denied daemonhood (hence the name) so she shouldn’t be immortal... does it say how she got in the mortal realms?

Nope, just that she's hunting after an artefact (which she was denied). She is a daemon, though, and she has a cult following her.