The Rumour Thread

@Klamm to be fair from the books there’s plenty of lore to expand, for example the Undead Sylvaneth from the Souls War book, or the cog-fort from the various stories in Malign Portents and I believe there were few more Dispossessed also in the Eight Lamentations series...

17 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Ironjawz had a BAttleforce some time ago. I'll bet for DoK or BoC

Ironjawz battleforce is still available in UK... doubt it will be take a spot. 

My bet would be on DoK and BoC or Nurgle

Edited by alghero81

21 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Ironjawz battleforce is still available in UK... doubt it will be take a spot. 

Ironjawz Thunderfist (the battleforce) is not available, GW do have a £104 army on the site, but its a start collecting and other units in a bundle at full retail prices.

Everyone is ignoring the Bonesplitters option?  Might not be a popular choice, but that would be a good reason for GW to put it out (sales of low selling kits).

Edited by stato

7 minutes ago, stato said:

Ironjawz Thunderfist (the battleforce) is not available, GW do have a £104 army on the site, but its a start collecting and other units in a bundle at full retail prices.

Everyone is ignoring the Bonesplitters option?  Might not be a popular choice, but that would be a good reason for GW to put it out (sales of low selling kits).

Sounds like a terrible reason. 

They will work through their inventory of low selling kits, eventually, they are not worried about it. 

The question for battleforce is what will make money. 

34 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Sounds like a terrible reason. 

They will work through their inventory of low selling kits, eventually, they are not worried about it. 

The question for battleforce is what will make money. 

We can  assume that Daughters of khaine could and maybe will be an option.

they are rather expensive (money wise) and do not have a starter set, which would make the christmas battleforce bundle probably one of the best selling points.

same with the fish-things which already were announced.

I also see a possibility that the new poster-things might get one.

although it may not be so great in selling since the starter box already has a great option for them and if the other halve is beeing sold it’s going to be even cheaper.

sio bringing out a battleforce for them can also mean that Gw just dug its own hole 

Edited by Skreech Verminking

3 minutes ago, michu said:

I think he's perfect for Witch Hunter or Freeguild General conversion.

I was literally about to post this. 

Whoever is responsible for these new/recent Rogue Trader models needs to be locked in a room and not let out until they've created a whole new look for Freeguild/ordinary AOS humans. I'm not sure my wallet could possibly be emptied quicker.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

I think there are a couple of reasons for this aside from the likely increased production. The biggest reason is likely that the value was much lower. IIRC, the previous year's offerings had MUCH more value. Going by MSRP, the 2016 Stormcast box had $343, Ironjawz had $304.75, Sylvaneth had $311, and Khorne (which also took a while to sell out IIRC) had $287. So that's a discount of about 50%, 44%, 45%, and 41% respectively.

Thanks at the analysis, I actually had a look (in UK prices) and you were spot on. The 2016 battleforces had an average of 45% discount, while those of 2017 had only 32% average. In 2018 points also the KO battleforce is still the worse (point-wise) with only 760 points... 

2018 seems to be in the middle, with a discount of 37.5% but still low on points count (800 today), but what matters seems they are keeping the trend of removing named characters, making it easier to sell the battleforces to people who just want to integrate their army as well as new players (in 2016 4/4 boxes had a named character, in 2017 only 1/4 but you could assemble it in 3 different variants).

1 hour ago, stato said:

Correct, I missed the difference. I have now reviewed all Battleforces, it seems they didn't bother having one for each GA, having 2 Order, 1 Chaos every year and 1 Destruction in 2016 and 1 Death in 2017

OH MY GOD! Anyone else noticed that the rogue trader in the video just recruited a ranger eldar in his team? Just like the rogue trader Vhane Glorious! What if the adventurer of WH Blackstone Fortress are the same? (aka the rogue trader, a female imperial guard, a male ranger eldar and a techpriest) ???

You heard it here first.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, rattila said:

OH MY GOD! Anyone else noticed that the rogue trader in the video just recruited a ranger eldar in his team? Just like the rogue trader Vhane Glorious! What if the adventurer of WH Blackstone Fortress are the same? (aka the rogue trader, a female imperial guard, a male ranger eldar and a techpriest) ???

You heard it here first.

Be cool if they had to fight new plastic noise marines and khorne berzerkers.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, rattila said:

You heard it here first.

Thought exactly the same! Man, Vhane Glorious is a great comic :D 

But circling back to Age of Sigmar and the rumor engine: I think this isn't the one picture of a belt buckle we have seen recently. I can't remember a dagger next to the buckle in the b/w picture. 

7 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Not a clue on the reasoning.  Speaking to Ray at the time he was expecting them out in the next few months*, so it sounds like the scheduling department have a reason for this (or keep forgetting).

As far as I'm aware the solid panels are cast into the actual wall section in the same manner as the single-story ones you get in the box with the board sections.  He did seem keen to work on more multipart AoS scenery though, which is hopeful we might get something at some point!

* this is backed up by GW's policy to not reveal anything outside a roughly 3-month window.

The November White Dwarf shows the new Azyrite Townscape box with the two-storey ruins as "New for Christmas" .

20181029_173110.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, llane12 said:

The November White Dwarf shows the new Azyrite Townscape box with the two-storey ruins as "New for Christmas" .

20181029_173110.jpg

Why is that picture different than the previewed on community? and the name is different too. Maybe we will have two packs of ruins?

Edited by Hoseman
  • LOVE IT! 1