The Rumour Thread

21 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Lore wise the Sigmarabulum is broke so there are actually no more Stormcast forged...

This would normally not prevent to open new chambers but would limit how many are coming back and may help us see less new SC in 2019...

Next shadespire warbands could give us a hint in the AoS warscroll as there could be new keywords. The rumours mentioned in earlier pages about Moonclan do speak about change in names and new keywords 

It's not so much the Sigmarablum being broken and more the anvil of apotheosis being damaged and tainted by the necroquake that's stopping them from being able to reforge. Doesn't mean the six smiths and Grungni won't be able to repair it eventually but until then there's more at stake when a Stormcast dies. 

The warscroll for Zarbag has the Madcap Shaman keyword which as far as I know replaced the Grot Shaman keyword so it's more than likely quite a few more could change too.

• Like 1

I think there are enough posts in the last few pages telling "please, hold your stormcast releases GW at least for a while" worth passing to somebody who actually works there. Yeah, I know they have their sale numbers and bla bla bla but is there a good soul here that could link to somebody in GW the last few pages or has an email to their PR, idk. Please, let them hear their clients, their community. 

GW do have some staff online - I know one lurks The Hive forums and i'm fairly sure there's one or two lurking here too. Though who they are in the bigger network of things is hard to say. Also don't forget GW staff in the know of what's coming might well already know that our concerns are not a worry. 

From my angle its great that SC get such attention to boost them up, but now they need enemies. They need more foes to fight against and war with so that its not just SC VS SC. Another angle might be not so much that GW needs to chance its release schedual but be more open with it in terms of AoS releases, esp when it comes to a lot of the factured factions. I'm willing to bet that sales would go up if GW forecast 6 months of releases and showed that, say Darkling Covens were going to get a new Battletome without replacement models for what is currently out there. That would give a lot of confidence to people who are interested, to buy into Darklings now knowing that their purchases were safe (no replacement sculpts) and that they were going to get their own Battletome - even if there were no new models. If  there was then even one or two would add fuel to the fire. 

Right now I think sales are right down on all those groups because gamers are unsure. Those who have experience don't want to get burned like TombKings; whilst those who are new just don't know what's going on and have no interest in starting armies that appear to have no (or little) support. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Overread said:

Right now I think sales are right down on all those groups because gamers are unsure. Those who have experience don't want to get burned like TombKings; whilst those who are new just don't know what's going on and have no interest in starting armies that appear to have no (or little) support. 

I totally agree with this. For example I love Beastclaw Raiders but they can’t compete against LoN without allies, so I’m holding collecting them. I would buy more armies if I knew they were “stable” and supported for AoS 2.0, but again I can buy what? One new army per year? That’s not that much sales wise for GW...

8 hours ago, Dirtnaps said:

It's not so much the Sigmarablum being broken and more the anvil of apotheosis being damaged and tainted by the necroquake that's stopping them from being able to reforge. Doesn't mean the six smiths and Grungni won't be able to repair it eventually but until then there's more at stake when a Stormcast dies. 

Yes sorry confused the two, thanks for correcting me. Point is that for now sending more Stormcasts means more could die forever and Sacrosant main objective is to find the cure to the reforging loss of humanity. For the other chambers GW would need to find an equally important objective or would not be worth the sacrifice. 

By the way didn’t Grungni leave Azyr to go back to the Dispossed? Or something similar 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2y2QLKKDtA

Pretty interesting video, not sure if anyone has discussed it yet - apparently FW changed one of their warscrolls without updating anyone about it. Wonder if there are more changes that we don't know about.

13 hours ago, Enoby said:

I think that one key feature that WHFB lore had over AoS lore is relatable characters from all factions. At the moment we have a few named Stormcast (none of which seem memorable to me, but I can't speak for others), some decent death heroes (from WHFB), and the rest of the factions tend to be limited to a mention in the battletome. I'd really like a larger focus on developing likable characters from all factions - not necessarily nice, but someone who is memorable. 

Obviously they have more factions than WHFB, and WHFB had much more time, but they seem to have dedicated a lot of books to SC instead of developing other factions. That said, I think they are developing more with the City of Secrets series, so this seems to be changing for the better :D 

I do agree. To me it comes down to this: WHFB was about societies and why their ways of life and the charakters, apsirations  and personal histories of their leaders caused them to go to war with each other (and be pretty wicked English homour). AoS is about armies and why they have this, that and the other super power.

Gamewise is prefer AoS. Although I would wish for some more tactical debth like attacking from the flanks or in the back of a unit but compared to the latest WHFB editions I think AoS has the much better ruleset. But lorewhise I think the old world was much more colourful plus it was in my eyes totally unnessecary to tear ist down. In a world ful of gods and magic they could have found another way to add anything they would have like and remould the world without erasing most chatakters.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cash4u said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2y2QLKKDtA

Pretty interesting video, not sure if anyone has discussed it yet - apparently FW changed one of their warscrolls without updating anyone about it. Wonder if there are more changes that we don't know about.

Do we know what changes they made?

52 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

By the way didn’t Grungni leave Azyr to go back to the Dispossed? Or something similar 

All I know about Grungni is that he's teaching secrets to smiths across the realms in some kind of weird pocket realm (or it's somewhere in Chamon and he can make door sized realmgates people can go through to get there) as well as gathering and sending out people to either get the Eight Lamentations and bring them to him or make it so no one else can can get their hands on them. I expect we'll learn more about what he's up to in the other Eight Lamentations novels they've got planned or if they ever bring out a Dispossed battletome possibly.

• Like 1

Sorry if someone has already posted this, but I saw some squig calvary in  the Beasts of Chaos book and was curious everyone’s thoughts. I was also thinking Moonclan grots wouldn’t be featured at all in the new Battletome unless they were a faction that was going to be supported.

E60AC159-7E7E-40DB-A02C-918C175D36A4.jpeg

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

It seems to be a conversion or alternate Grot warboss on great cave squig

Not even a conversion, that’s the Grot war boss on giant squig built with the spear option. That’s a model I really want to see replaced, it’s just awful, but the FW version  is pretty good. 

Edited by bsharitt

5 hours ago, Aryann said:

Please, let them hear their clients, their community. 

I'm no longer privy to their sales numbers, but you can bet that they do listen. Every dollar, pound, euro, and toof spent speaks loudly.

If Stormcast sell well, there will be more Stormcast. End of story. Folks can be as vocal as they want, or say that it becomes a self-building cycle of sales/releases, but it doesn't matter even a tiny little bit compared to the cash in the register.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Aryann said:

I think there are enough posts in the last few pages telling "please, hold your stormcast releases GW at least for a while" worth passing to somebody who actually works there. Yeah, I know they have their sale numbers and bla bla bla but is there a good soul here that could link to somebody in GW the last few pages or has an email to their PR, idk. Please, let them hear their clients, their community. 

I think the incredibly distant whisper of about 5 people on here is going to be drowned out by the avalanche of Stormcast sales I'm afraid.

Always baffled by people who think they know better about what would be popular than the people responsible for posting GW's biggest two years of profit ever 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Nos said:

I think the incredibly distant whisper of about 5 people on here is going to be drowned out by the avalanche of Stormcast sales I'm afraid.

Always baffled by people who think they know better about what would be popular than the people responsible for posting GW's biggest two years of profit ever 

I doubt it that few of people and I think GW are aware of it since they made the joke of the "open another stormcast chamber button" meme on the last video

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, novakai said:

I doubt it that few of people and I think GW are aware of it since they made the joke of the "open another stormcast chamber button" meme on the last video

Yeah I think anyone with eyes can see a lot of Stormcast have been released. That's not in question. But there seem to be people who think that this bad for AOS. Manifestly GW think it is good for AOS. That's why they keep doing it. It's a choice, not an accident. They're a multinational FTSE 250 company. They will constantly be reviewing what they think the hobby needs to continue to sell and thrive. It's not like they won't have considered everything people are saying on here they should do in respect to different faction releases, dropping Stormcast as the flagship release faction etc. They just disagree at present. And the profit margins suggest that they are correct in doing so for the time being.

Edited by Nos

The Community team has said that Wrath and Rapture news is coming 'soon'. Obviously 'soon' could mean anything, but I reckon that it means it'll be before next year; usually when the community team knows nothing they'll say "we'll say as soon as we know something" rather than allude to some sort of time frame. 

Screenshot_20181028-184332_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1