The Rumour Thread

26 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I am not particularly a fan of the aesthetics of the endless spells, but the bull is comfortably the best one yet. The idea of a new beastmen/brayherd/darkoath army is intriguing. 

if they go this route it would be a very very old school chaos feel again - which is a good thing and a very clear separation to the armoured tin cans factions.

2 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Wow wait a minute. 

LLV never said there would 100% be a Grot reveal today : he said that, given the fact the army is coming this September / Fall, there should be news between this WHF-EU week-end and Nova Open in 2 weeks.

He (or she) literally did say there would be a Grot reveal day. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PlasticCraic said:

I can't blame LLV, all the info pointed towards a Grot/moonclan reveal. Perhaps there has been some last minute changes to the plan? Who knows. There may still be a surprise reveal though.

What is interesting is that @LLV's preduction about beastmen looks like it might be accurate. I absolutely believe @LLV has at least one genuine source, but it all depends on what the source knows. If someone glimpses some models in the studio they could be anything from weeks to years away from release. If they work in the printers there is still a 6 month window. The aos core book was printed in January. 

I am still pretty confident we are getting a grot release fairly soon, but it is possible we might not see it until next year.

GW straight up said they had to rearrange the schedule to accommodate Titanicus after it was delayed from its original release of April 2017 when they decided to make it in plastic. Who knows what else has been changed? Maybe Rogue Trader was moved up after it leaked. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PlasticCraic said:

Well maybe just read the posts before and after the one you quoted  ? LLV and Thebiggesthat are discussing the meaning of a whatsap message, with LLV saying he believes the author of said message predicts a Grot reveal today, while Thebiggesthat disagree.... Nothing "literal", sorry. 

Pointing at (proved) rumor people for their misinterpretation / imprecision - when the "rumor game" itself,  as  @Overread said, is a business of uncertainty - is quite pointless.... At worse it makes you look entitled and only drives the rumormongers away...

I'm still sure we'll get Grots as the next AOS army ;)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Blueraven84 said:

Starting to think they changed previews on purpose

Well that was disappointing. Interesting though. Both my sources say that the preview we got today was the one they were expecting for Nova. Which is making a lot of sense as we literally only got ONE AoS semi preview. An endless spell with no context.

Im guessing the community team is sick of the leaks stealing their thunder so this was likely a switch and bait. Note how AoS didn’t even get a video whereas everything else did. 

Guess we all got trolled - bravo GW bravo lol.

No biggie though, nova is next week!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8

GW was killing it with hype, but this missed big for me.  It's been a bummer of a summer as a destruction player.  I'm new to GW games, but from what I'm gathering if you aren't playing something that looks like a Space Marine you don't get many updates.

Last quarter was Nurgle and Sigmarines, this quarter Death and Sigmarines.  Maybe next quarter it will be something Destruction and Sigmarines, probably Slaanesh and Sigmarines.  Hopefully another Aelf faction too.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just read some of the comments. Yeah my bad. I was told literally that grots would be shown today. As I said above something got changed for some reason. So yeah my bad and apologies, but I’m only passing on stuff I’ve been told, and as I’ve said previously the schedule has been changing a lot. Interesting they showed a beast an spell though, so maybe we will see them squeezed in this year after all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 17

Lets not forget that whilst we might not all have got what we hoped/wanted/dreamed of GW is still cranking out models faster than ANY other manufacture at present. Whilst its frustrating not to get what we desire there's still loads of time left in the year itself! And there's the Nova this coming week where more info might get slipped out. 

I do somewhat agree that it would be nice for AoS to get a big focus like 40K has enjoyed, esp since whilst AT is a big release its not a huge one in terms of model variety so there is room there to wiggle things around it

26 minutes ago, LLV said:

Just read some of the comments. Yeah my bad. I was told literally that grots would be shown today. As I said above something got changed for some reason. So yeah my bad and apologies, but I’m only passing on stuff I’ve been told, and as I’ve said previously the schedule has been changing a lot. Interesting they showed a beast an spell though, so maybe we will see them squeezed in this year after all.

Beastmen spell you say, quite interesting! ;)

Love your rumors, do not stop them even if GW act like a crazy night goblin fanatic and randomly changes decision on what to show us next :)

Beastmen, my first true Chaos love. Is it time to get back to you and embrace true children of Chaos...

With all the left over bit from a regular Putrid Blightkings box, it shouldn't be to much trouble to get those bloodbowl guys converted over as Blightkings. I know people have been saying the rotters would make good mark of Nurgle marauders, but I think I might use them to give my 40k Poxwalker units a bit more variety. Too bad there's only two Pestigor sculpts, or else I'd make and allied unit of some kind of beastmen with them as the models.

I'm super confused by that endless spell.

It would make a lot of sense background and mythology-wise that this speak is a Chaos Dwarf spell in a sense. 

Though ... As someone pointed out, it's face is very close to the one of a Bullgor.

Don't get  disappointed yet, I think GW knows exactly what they're doing. 

When you think about it, this thread is a gold mine for them. They would be dumb not to lurk around here, see what we expect ... And what we're excited about ... ;)

As far as I can understand the (AoS side of) desapointment, I'd like to say to you guys: hey, learn to enjoy what we've got! There are some superbs things announced (yet most of them alreadey teased) and it shows us that GW is doing great on the creation and production side. So, enjoy our day and learn a bit of patience. (the last 2 months have been so big for AoS!)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Saiken said:

I'm super confused by that endless spell.

It would make a lot of sense background and mythology-wise that this speak is a Chaos Dwarf spell in a sense. 

Though ... As someone pointed out, it's face is very close to the one of a Bullgor.

Don't get  disappointed yet, I think GW knows exactly what they're doing. 

When you think about it, this thread is a gold mine for them. They would be dumb not to lurk around here, see what we expect ... And what we're excited about ... ;)

Unless it's the first ForgeWorld endless spell, there's probably zero chance its for Chaos Dwarfs(unless a whole new line of plastic Chaos Dwarfs is coming, there's no evidence for it, but lets start that rumor anyway). The way the fire is kind of glowing through the bull, I do get a chaosy feel for it anyway, but I could also see if for Destruction too with their closeness to beasts and the realm of beasts.