The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, robinlvalentine said:

Bit worried that it looks like the multi-part Sequitors don't come with enough two-handed maces... though at least they seem to have confirmed you can build two primes out of one box. 

I‘d rather Have GW sell a conversions kit with helmless heads and smaller shoulder pads ^^

1 hour ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Ok so one of the rumours I dropped a while back seems to have disappeared from the mill. After moonclan there is a second wave of ironjawz coming in 2019. At least as many kits as wave one, crazier and more inventive kits than the originals which mostly took established archetypes and made them bigger

Deets! We need deets!!! ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Ok so one of the rumours I dropped a while back seems to have disappeared from the mill. After moonclan there is a second wave of ironjawz coming in 2019. At least as many kits as wave one, crazier and more inventive kits than the originals which mostly took established archetypes and made them bigger

So are we getting a new Battletome too I hope? As for “inventive kits” are we getting maybe mortal wound protection? Shooting? How much are they willing to shake up Ironjawz whose entire theme is allegedly just really huge Orks who hit things and hit them hard in melee. 

1 hour ago, Deepkin said:

If they are doing second waves of the first battletomes, here's hoping Fyreslayers get a new one in 2019 as well :D Magmadroth chariots and runic golems please!

I feel you man. The Fyreslayers were the first re-envisioning of one of the classic Warhammer races.
But they had 12 unit warscrolls in their 2016 battletome which is actually pretty good!
The Ironjaws only had 8 unit warscrolls in their battletome you know? So no, not very likely.

So far only Khorne saw their 2015 battletome repackaged (Stormcast is not counted, they have one every year).

IF there is ONE battletome that should really be updated, it's the Seraphon. It is the only 2015 battletome that is still vaild!

But since the Aelves were always more popular, I guessing that they will be banking on that first before they will make any re-release of battletomes. 

Death Grand Alliance Book was made obsolete and it was also the thinnest. The next on that list will be Destruction.
Then it is the Order Alliance Book, lastly the Chaos.
Some models will disappear, some new awesome lore and models will surface.

Lastly why fix something that ain't broken? I know there were tons of error on the App but most people use the App now.
If there are new models release, just update the App and people will be happy.

So maybe, just maybe, in 2022, after all the factions are introduce there might be a refresh of all the battletomes? For collector's sake of course, for they will be made obsolete very soon.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Karol said:

Ok, thank you. I hoped for something like updated battle tome and khorn wizards, or plastic models to replace the resin stuff.

Khorne wizards? That will never happen. But plastic Fleshhounds would be really good (and plastic Valkia would be cool too).

Edited by michu
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

By Gorkamorka, let this please be true. 

2ej0l8.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

So the Ironjawz rumour comes from one of the open days. 

In conversation with one of the design team , it seems that a comment along the lines of 'design and production improvements would allow for some diverse modelling, imagine what we could do with Sylvaneth and Ironjawz now, looking at the Deepkin kits. A second wave would definitely be a lot more crazy!' 

No conformation, more of a conversation about the possible.

• Like 3

I don’t know anything about battletomes but I have been told more orruk models are finished and they were described to me as above. (I would assume there will be a second I jawz battletome when this gets released but I guess it’s possible they could be released as steeljawz or something - I think it’s part of the same aesthetic tho) I have heard nothing about sylvaneth. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, michu said:

Khorne wizards? That will never happen. But plastic Fleshhounds would be really good (and plastic Valkia would be cool too).

But that is kind of a stupid, the whole new edition is about magic, spellcasting and doing stuff with wizards. Even priests, which blades of khorn do have, don't count for those options. So either GW should give everyone wizards, or do something like let priests cast spells and do the wizard actions in scenarios etc.

Khorne hate wizards as he considers them cowards for using magic for killing rather than fighting in close-combat. Khorne wizards won't happen. Not all army should have the same tools. Rather than wizard models, Blades of Khorne should have better abilities to dispell and unbind magic or maybe some abilites like prayer that deal D3 MW to each wizard in enemy army (similar to Nurgle ability on the wheel) or "for each attempt at casting spell by enemy wizard, roll D6, on 4+ that spell is unbound and casting wizard suffers D3 MW".

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Aye I can well see them giving Khorne some anti-magic capacity considering all the spells being thrown around. Otherwise it basically requires them to take allies to function as an army in the current edition. In fact it wouldn't surprise me to see a few factions get a cheap mage or anti-spell caster added to them over time. 

I also wonder if we'll see GW bring back the beasts of chaos faction for Sigmar since its sort of gone right now. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gnaleinad said:

Death Grand Alliance Book was made obsolete and it was also the thinnest. The next on that list will be Destruction.

Then it is the Order Alliance Book, lastly the Chaos.
Some models will disappear, some new awesome lore and models will surface. 

Looking at what it would take to make the remaining GA books obsolete in the context of current rumors and speculations:

GA:Order might be the easiest. All Non-Battletome factions are a part of the Free Cities, an "Armies of the Free Cities" Battletome in the style of LoN could easily take care of them all. Free Cities sooner or later is pretty much a  given in my eyes, Order simply has to many obscure factions to handle them any other way and the Free Cities are simply becoming to big a part of the setting to go without a BT of their own.

Destruction could be done LoN style, but it is more all over the place than Death was before LoN. It would be odd to see a Waaagh Hordes Battletome including Gutbusters, but excluding Ironjawz, Beastclaw Raiders and Bonesplitterz. The other option would be to do all of them with a full replacement of GA:Destruction, which would be unprecedented. That leaves the more likely route, implied by current rumors: That GA:Destruction gets so many faction releases in 2019 that doing a faction unifying BT would be superflous, though then GA:Destruction would still cover a few factions and models not covered elsewhere.

GA:Chaos is sort of tricky as the Non-Battletome factions contain part of two different groups in between GA and faction level, these being Skaven and Beasts of Chaos. The only factions without BT not included among those two are Slaves to Darkness, Hosts of Slaanesh and Daemons.

Looking at the above,, I would judge Slaves and Hosts as very likely to receive a Battletome and new miniatures within reasonable time. Skaven seem reasonable to get the LoN treatment and are often requested to do so, as currently their individual factions do not do to well and a non-monoclan Skaven force can not really be done outside of GA:Chaos, which is a very weak and not very thematic option.

Beasts could be done LoN style, but I do not really see GW doing it. I think they will languish in obscurity for some time to come, alongside the remaining daemon units (which may be cut down to three if daemon prince becomes a full part of Slaves).

Overall, I do not think all GA books becoming entirely obsolete within the next one or two years is very likely. We will see a fair number of factions expanded by the end of 2019 and there may be up to four LoN style tomes (Free Cities, Skaven, Beasts and maybe something destruction). But I think ultimately there will just be a few factions and scattered models that will languish in No-Battletome land for a long time.

Factually, of course, the GA books are pretty much obsolete already. The unit warscrolls are all online and in the app. What little lore there was, has almost all been reprinted,changed or superceeded, if not already elsewhere, then in the second edition big rulebook. That just leaves a few batallions and I will admit, with the newest GH not yet in my posession, I do not even know if many of those even still have points.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

This is the rumor that I pray to GorkaMorka for. More than I think anything else I want this to happen, lets hope its soon :D 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thebiggesthat said:

So the Ironjawz rumour comes from one of the open days. 

In conversation with one of the design team , it seems that a comment along the lines of 'design and production improvements would allow for some diverse modelling, imagine what we could do with Sylvaneth and Ironjawz now, looking at the Deepkin kits. A second wave would definitely be a lot more crazy!' 

No conformation, more of a conversation about the possible.

Haha this is EXACTLY the sort of thing someone would take out of context as a confirmation of something they want to be true.  LOL

24 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

Haha this is EXACTLY the sort of thing someone would take out of context as a confirmation of something they want to be true.  LOL

Could be, unless they are two totally different rumour sources... Ironjaws (among many others) could really do a new tome and more models...

Ironjawz are popular enough that not expanding the range is effectively just letting money sit in consumer's  pockets.  I am sure GW will do it at some point simply because it is almost guaranteed to make a splash in terms of sales.  It feels to me more like it is a matter of when and not if and the same thing goes for a number of other small & constrained factions that came out around the same time - such as Fyreslayers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

Ironjawz are popular enough that not expanding the range is effectively just letting money sit in consumer's  pockets.  I am sure GW will do it at some point simply because it is almost guaranteed to make a splash in terms of sales.  It feels to me more like it is a matter of when and not if and the same thing goes for a number of other small & constrained factions that came out around the same time - such as Fyreslayers.

Orcs are popular, and ironjaws  indeed, like the goblins also.

Ironjaws could use some new units, filling some utilities holes: machinery (catapult?), light cavalry, intermediate monsters/mounted between the cavalry and the big bad ass mawcrushka...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Overread said:

4. Things I heard down the pub from my mate 

5. Things that my mate heard down the pub from his mate.

6. Things that my mate's mate heard down the pub from me, and told my mate, who then told me, meaning they must be confirmed as true because I've heard about them from someone else.

7. A Bretonnian release.

• Haha 5

So if EVERY rumor we heard is true then this is coming. 

Slaanesh Demons, Moonclan, darkoath, ironjaws, fyreslayers, kharadron overlords, sepharon, and new terrain for AoS stuff. Also possibly board game releases. Even if 40k gets nothing seeing all of this in one year seems very unlikely. They seem to be able to pull of 3-4 major releases for AoS per year. Even if demons terrain comes this year that is a LOT of stuff coming next year. 

That's 7 releases. So I would bet at last 2-3 of those are not happening or being pushed back into 2020. If 40k sees very little support then we might see one more but I doubt that. The 40k fans are beginning to get rowdy at a "slow" year. I can't really blame them. I mean yeah they got tons of codex's, but the model releases have been nearly nonexistent compared to AoS. It would be really unfair for them if they got two years of little support.