The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Karol said:

Does anyone know if GW is going to update blades of khorn battletome this edition?

Not sure but I have heard that 40k will be getting a worldeaters release at the end of the year and there will be some plastic flesh hounds coming

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, LLV said:

Not sure but I have heard that 40k will be getting a worldeaters release at the end of the year and there will be some plastic flesh hounds coming

Yay,  I’ve just finished building and painting the old ones. I used them in an AoS game yesterday and they did well. I will wait for the plastic to get some more though 

4 hours ago, LLV said:

Best thing all day - and that's after Lady Atia put out some hints that AT is very, very close. Love this info more than I should ^^

But what does that mean for Slaanesh? another year in waiting to spread excess, and deprivation across the mortal realms/the galaxy.

3 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

They have already announced orks and genestealers cults. The only xenos faction left are the Ynnari. 

Which hopefully get a major re-designe and big release - damn i Forgot about them - would really make sense now to have slaanesh in a double summer campaign comeback in both 40k and AoS alongside a pointy-ear faction

Edited by Bloodmaster

I think Gorkamorka is coming - its got a slot on the new Warhammer 40K Monopoly board and I doubt GW would put that on there if they weren't going to follow it up with a product.

As for Slaanesh I think the big release for that will possibly be the next big Sigmar linked release event. When we consider that the alliance between Death and Order is broken and going rather nuts now its an ideal time for the God of Excess to make his move and have his agents break the seals and escape the prison. Or at the very least if not escaping to spill out enough to draw his legions close for a massive war in the shadow realm. 

44 minutes ago, Ghark said:

I'm really puzzled regarding those last news. 

Another reliable source here is thebiggesthat who specifically told us about slaanesh and moonclan in late 2018.

Now we have really contradictory information... 

Thing is rumours are just rumours and without any chain of evidence its hard to tell truth from fiction. Even reliable sources might have unreliable sources of their own at times. 

In addition rumours don't always take account of shifts in the release scheduled. A year away is long enough that GW can likely change things up. So a rumour that was true a few months ago might not be true now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghark said:

I'm really puzzled regarding those last news. 

Another reliable source here is thebiggesthat who specifically told us about slaanesh and moonclan in late 2018.

Now we have really contradictory information... 

A lot of people who hear genuine rumours know people who work at gw in various different positions with knowledge of different stages of the process. Projects start development two or more years in advance and release schedules get decided a few months in advance. There have been some rumours that kill team got moved up in the schedule. This could have had the effect of moving Moonclan into next year. Adeptus Titanicus was originally planned for a launch in spring last year but the switch to plastic caused it to be delayed to August this year. This would move pre August releases up a little but delay those after August, especially when you factor in all the post launch releases for Titanicus which also need to be fitted in this autumn. The rumour engine from the upcoming rogue trader was shown in February last year, so those minis have been sitting in a completed state waiting for a release for well over a year. 

There is no way to know which rumour is the most recent and hence most accurate even if we assume no one is making anything up.

Gw said at adepticon in March that there would be new destruction stuff in 2019, but who knows what has changed since then.

11 minutes ago, Chikout said:

A lot of people who hear genuine rumours know people who work at gw in various different positions with knowledge of different stages of the process. Projects start development two or more years in advance and release schedules get decided a few months in advance. There have been some rumours that kill team got moved up in the schedule. This could have had the effect of moving Moonclan into next year. Adeptus Titanicus was originally planned for a launch in spring last year but the switch to plastic caused it to be delayed to August this year. This would move pre August releases up a little but delay those after August, especially when you factor in all the post launch releases for Titanicus which also need to be fitted in this autumn. The rumour engine from the upcoming rogue trader was shown in February last year, so those minis have been sitting in a completed state waiting for a release for well over a year. 

There is no way to know which rumour is the most recent and hence most accurate even if we assume no one is making anything up.

Gw said at adepticon in March that there would be new destruction stuff in 2019, but who knows what has changed since then.

Yup, you're right. I guess that after 15 years in the hobby I'm still not used to this way of having a really changing schedule. 

Things were easier when we had Hastings and Harry feeding us with some genuine information ?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ghark said:

Yup, you're right. I guess that after 15 years in the hobby I'm still not used to this way of having a really changing schedule. 

Things were easier when we had Hastings and Harry feeding us with some genuine information ?

Most of what I wrote is pretty much what Hastings said. That is why he never gave dates with his rumours. 

• Like 1

Only a short while back I would never have believed the amount of releases rumored from confirmed sources here. But with the pace GW has shown this year, I think anything is possible.

In fact, I think they may eventually have to slow down simply due to outpacing demand for new things.

4 hours ago, Overread said:

I think Gorkamorka is coming - its got a slot on the new Warhammer 40K Monopoly board and I doubt GW would put that on there if they weren't going to follow it up with a product.

I know we are moving a fair bit out of AoS territory here, but I think Gorkamorka could fit in as another Killteam expansion. Rogue Trader, from what we know so far, adds spaceship/interior battlefield rules and non-mainline factions. Gorkamorka looks like a good base to add vehicle rules.

Both have in common that they are based on an old line. Fingers crossed for an inquisition expansion based on Inquisitor (the 48mm one) adding more RPG and obscure lore elements.

To bring this back around to AoS, with most Killteam rules revealed, it looks like the basic system would be very easy to port to AoS skirmish. GW looks to be rather invested in making Killteam big enough for an ongoing line, if it is a success, I think an AoS variant will likely be greenlit. That would put it at one to two years until we see it in stores. Would be a great vehicle for the smaller factions unlikely to ever see a Battletome of their own (like Swifthark or Scourge Privateers).

• Like 3

That's a very good point about sub-factions in Sigmar. A Skirmish style game like Killteam would let GW release a handful of models without having to flesh each one out into a faction. When you've got something like the Shadowblades which is basically one unique model and the half-options from another that is shared with another faction - that is a LOT of work to turn that from basically one sculpt into a full faction. Far easier to leave it is a minor faction and then boost it with a single mould with 4 or 5 unique posed models for a skirmish game. 

7 hours ago, Gecktron said:

They have already announced orks and genestealers cults. The only xenos faction left are the Ynnari. 

Gsc 2 models... or was it three and one of which should have already been there. Really generous release. They got the same amount if new models as knights lol. Orks dunno not out yet. Heard stuff from bug new army update to small release like gsc sized. AoS spinoff board games get better support than that lol. 

Edited by Barkanaut

Let's examine some facts. The updated Stormcast book has 3 unreleased chambers. The ruination, covenant and logister chambers. 

2015 opens with the Strike Chambers(warriors, harbinger, exemplar).

2016 saw the Extremis Chambers opened. 

2017 introduce the Vanguard/Auxiliary Chambers.

2018 is the release of the Sacrosanct Chambers.

2019, 2020 and 2021 releases are going to be those 3 chambers. 

Now on to Destruction, in 2016 we were blessed with 3 battletomes; Ironjawz, Bonesplitterz and Beastclaw Raiders.

Bonesplitterz and Beastclaw got nerfed.

Yet Ironjawz have to see yearly renewal and reduction in points so as to make it relevant. 

The Gutbusters Ogors, Greenskinz Orruks, Gitmob Grots, Moonclan Grots and Spiderfang Grots had their battalions completely erased since 2017.

A logical reasoning will be that they will have a makeover or merger in the near future.

I really don't know what lore will they craft to fix in the Grots, Orruks and Ogors but I'm hopeful.

Let's hope that the Destruction release in 2019 will be good. Else we will still have 2020 and 2021 for more.

17 hours ago, LLV said:

Ok, thank you. I hoped for something like updated battle tome and khorn wizards, or plastic models to replace the resin stuff.

• Haha 1