The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, shinros said:

Stormcast can't be corrupted by chaos they detail that in novels. A GUO outright says he can't. The whole point of being a stormcast is that they rose above that and chosen to be a holy warrior.  While becoming a follower of chaos is giving into mortal weakness. 

What we are going to see is the after effects of too many reforgings imagine the knight's excelsior after several reforgings? People think the white reaper is bad? Oh boy.  The whole point is that stormcasts have souls but they are losing it to the conflict and becoming machines of war dedicated to sigmar due to the reforging issue. 

One of the reasons that I like Age of Sigmar is that Chaos is no longer that big boogie man that we saw in Fantasy. 

Edited by ShadowSwordmaster
  • Like 4

On 6/23/2018 at 10:02 AM, Hoseman said:

I have a question. Is there any rumor about the battleforces we will get at the end of the year??

For new releases we have on this year is "maybe" Slanesh and moonclan isn't it? will they get a battleforce if their release is after summer?? I don't think so, I can't remember what releases came last year after summer. I know Blightwar came on July or August and we got Battleforce Vanguard from stormcast, but not battleforce Nurgle and yes Tzeench that has been released a year before I think. Kharadron was the Battleforce 1 year after their release.

So maybe this year we got battleforces to Daughters of Khaine, Idoneth maybe it's too early?? Nighthaunt??? Stormcast Sachrosant?? I think there the only maybe come is DoK and maybe Stormcast but I don't think Nighthaunt or Idoneth get a Battleforce, maybe idoneth but Nighthaunt is too early. So what others could be???  Maybe nurgle this time? Undead Ghouls? Fyreslayers? Greenskinz? Slaves to Darknes??

When is supposed to know a rumor or something a bit accurate?? I'm planning making a chaos army and would like to start with archaon  and then take slaves or Tzeench so...

In the past years we received 4 battleforces for AoS and 4 for 40k but since we had so many releases this year (and more are rumoured) I guess we might see more. If there were only 4 these are my guesses: Nurgle, Idoneth, Sacrosanct and Nighthaunt. Why not DoK? Because that faction has the least new models and the most narrow model range. But I believe that this year might be different and we will see more than 4 battleforces. So those already released and maybe grots if they are released soon enough. 

1 hour ago, ShadowSwordmaster said:

One of the reasons that I like Age of Sigmar is that Chaos is no longer that big boogie man that we saw in Fantasy. 

I think the issue, at least for me, is that they've gone from overly oppressive boogie men to Saturday morning cartoon villains with almost 0 room for characterisation besides exaggeration of their god's traits. In the Realmgate War saga, Khorne suffered from this the most; for servants of the Blood God, they didn't seem all that amazing at fighting and were easily destroyed by the Stormcast. It's no fun having Chaos being an inevitable defeat for everyone else, but similarly it's not always fun being the Skeletor or Team Rocket of the setting. A bit of balance would be nice. 

It's been a while since I read the books, but the Realmgate War saga was one of the reasons I stopped playing Khorne - their fluff seemed so dry. 

With how good Malign Portents has been, I'm hoping that Chaos gets a similar treatment - a way to make them less black and white. It seems like the Darkoath may be a good way to do that, or maybe during a Slaanesh focused campaign when s/he gets released. 

6 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I think the issue, at least for me, is that they've gone from overly oppressive boogie men to Saturday morning cartoon villains with almost 0 room for characterisation besides exaggeration of their god's traits. In the Realmgate War saga, Khorne suffered from this the most; for servants of the Blood God, they didn't seem all that amazing at fighting and were easily destroyed by the Stormcast. It's no fun having Chaos being an inevitable defeat for everyone else, but similarly it's not always fun being the Skeletor or Team Rocket of the setting. A bit of balance would be nice. 

It's been a while since I read the books, but the Realmgate War saga was one of the reasons I stopped playing Khorne - their fluff seemed so dry. 

With how good Malign Portents has been, I'm hoping that Chaos gets a similar treatment - a way to make them less black and white. It seems like the Darkoath may be a good way to do that, or maybe during a Slaanesh focused campaign when s/he gets released. 

Having read all of the MP stories, I was in awe at the wide variety of viewpoints from all faces of life and unlife, and I best enjoyed it when they took a certain race or type of being, and gave it a persona I wouldn't expect. Gulgaz was far more thoughtful than I'd assume of a Bonesplitterz Orruk, and the Daughters of Khaine seem very pragmatic when simply having conversation. I'd love to see a Bloodbound character who has the likability and personality of Kharn from 40K. I believe they're capable of adding depth to Chaos without removing what makes Chaos, well, Chaotic. The Slaanesh stories and the Gaunt Summoner story were good portrayals of Tzeentchian and Slaaneshi worldviews. 

• Like 1

@Enoby For interesting Khorne minions you really should read Spear of Shadows -  Ahazian Kel, Last Prince of Ekran and Eight Smiths show that Khorne is not only "Blood for the blood god!" (or at least that you can still be thinking clear, even being servant of the blood god).

• Like 7

1 hour ago, michu said:

@Enoby For interesting Khorne minions you really should read Spear of Shadows -  Ahazian Kel, Last Prince of Ekran and Eight Smiths show that Khorne is not only "Blood for the blood god!" (or at least that you can still be thinking clear, even being servant of the blood god).

This x100. I have never been particular interested in Khorne, and I found the bloodbound dull, perhaps because of their prevalence in the release of AoS. However having read spear of shadows and followed Ahazian Kel's hunt for his prize, I am a convert. I will now very likely make a khorne skirmish warband at some point.

Well done @JReynolds, you sneaky genius.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Brad Gamma said:

This x100. I have never been particular interested in Khorne, and I found the bloodbound dull, perhaps because of their prevalence in the release of AoS. However having read spear of shadows and followed Ahazian Kel's hunt for his prize, I am a convert. I will now very likely make a khorne skirmish warband at some point.

Well done @JReynolds, you sneaky genius.

Thanks! I'm a follower of the Larry Hama school of tie-in writing...you know you're doing your job right if  people are buying the toys.  Or miniatures, in this case. 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, JReynolds said:

Thanks! I'm a follower of the Larry Hama school of tie-in writing...you know you're doing your job right if  people are buying the toys.  Or miniatures, in this case. 

This what I blame my inability to complete an army on. Black Library writers pulling me in different directions.

“Oh man those Heldenhammer will be sweet, better change my paint scheme.” Two weeks later- “The steel soul is awesome! Must get my silver skills up to par!”

...”Wait a minute, The Sea Taketh was amazing.”

Meanwhile the plastic keeps accumulating. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Enoby said:

The Undying King has a pretty great depiction of Nurgle worshippers who believe they're the good guys (Shyish IS a pretty terrible environment to live in...), adhere to something resembling honour and warped chivalry. The Knights even watch one another's back. It's worth a read just for their chapters and the book is miles better than anything in Realmgate Wars series.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Enoby said:

The Order of the Fly in various novels, especially Plague Garden, is a really cool look at Nurgle worshippers who have a very rigid code of honor. They genuinely believe they are the good guys. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Jaepic said:

Any rumours on new basing kits matching the bases from some of the new nighthaunt and stormcast models (Reikenor, the easy  to build kits and the stormcast ballisata)? 

Nighthaunt will have basing elements in their kits, similar to ID, according to WarCom

The Mortarch of Grief is reaaaly reaally good. Nobody ever say again that the Thundertusk range ability is unfair. ? The Mortarch of Grief can dish out even more mortal wounds. 

But the model is also named. So there is no risk of this model to be on the battlefield multiple times. I am no Nighthaunt player, but I will propably buy the model, because I really like it. Even though many people don't like the design.

I don't own the book, but what are the point values of this model?

Edited by Infeston