The Rumour Thread

55 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Pretty sure that whether they name her or not it will be Isabella in my head canon - she one hundred percent survives end times with neferata 

78891B58-B4E6-432D-9A72-503F7A16816C.png

Er, that tie-in novel has Tyrion straight up executing Eldyra (who apparently was a vampire with no reference to her ascending as the new elven god of the underworld), so I wouldn't take everything it says as consistent with the design studio's canon.

Regardless, Isabella was never explicitly killed off in End Times: Archaon, so she's got as good a chance of turning up in AoS as anybody (not that dying in the End Times ever prevented Mannfred, Valkia or Scyla from turning up in AoS or having a successful Blood Bowl career ?).

• Like 1

Okay I’m calling it*. AoS2.0 will be points per model! That the stormcast mage unit (evocateurs) ‘contains any amount of models’. Sure  the magical liberators? Okay but a bit weird. But looking back, even the chainrasp horde is ‘any amount of models’. 

*although I’m most likely starting a rumour that will turn out to be false. ;) 

2 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Okay I’m calling it*. AoS2.0 will be points per model! That the stormcast mage unit (evocateurs) ‘contains any amount of models’. Sure  the magical liberators? Okay but a bit weird. But looking back, even the chainrasp horde is ‘any amount of models’. 

*although I’m most likely starting a rumour that will turn out to be false. ;) 

One can dream ...

• Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:45 PM, Hyperkinako said:

Just realized why I'm getting a bride theme from this model, the head dress and rose thorns are stylized like Tim Burton's Corpse Bride.  This must have been an influence on this range.

Conveniently the Morr Garden is covered with such roses, it will fit her army very well

12 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Er, that tie-in novel has Tyrion straight up executing Eldyra (who apparently was a vampire with no reference to her ascending as the new elven god of the underworld), so I wouldn't take everything it says as consistent with the design studio's canon.

Regardless, Isabella was never explicitly killed off in End Times: Archaon, so she's got as good a chance of turning up in AoS as anybody (not that dying in the End Times ever prevented Mannfred, Valkia or Scyla from turning up in AoS or having a successful Blood Bowl career ?).

Hey, that's what happens when you have to write a tie-in novel in a month and some change without having access to the product it's ostensibly tied to. 

Fun times, fun times. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 2

Just had a thought -if it is Isabella [and by the roses etc I think it is ...] is Vlad in the Black Coach? So its not just a black coach its THE Black Coach, with Isabella driven to war to try and resurrect Vlad ? Possibly deceived by Nagash into thinking its possible?

• Like 5

Might be, and it would open up an interesting narrative down the line, with vlad returning (and THE black coach downgraded to just a black coach). He could be the reason for a new line of vampires, maybe even outside Nagash's rule, but still in the death GA, and with human servants and followers.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Just had a thought -if it is Isabella [and by the roses etc I think it is ...] is Vlad in the Black Coach? So its not just a black coach its THE Black Coach, with Isabella driven to war to try and resurrect Vlad ? Possibly deceived by Nagash into thinking its possible?

I'd thought that too, it's described somewhere as having a mortarch on board and there can't be that many of them, so it would make sense of it to be bumped up to named/unique status.

The ghosts hovering outside appear to be carrying the deceased passenger's possessions, and the sword seen here isn't so different that it couldn't be Blood Drinker without the weird handle:

3yDwgQR.jpg

eYSo10g.jpg

2 hours ago, JReynolds said:

Hey, that's what happens when you have to write a tie-in novel in a month and some change without having access to the product it's ostensibly tied to. 

Fun times, fun times. 

Sorry, hadn't meant to cause any offence, it was a very well written novel overall and I've loved your recent stuff, especially Spear of Shadows. :) 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JReynolds said:

That's an insanely short turn around!  If I wore a hat, I'd take it off to you

• Like 4

Yeah what Josh, Chris and Gav did with the end times book was incredible given the turnaround constraints. Now that  new warhammer chronicles stories is a thing I’d love to see a few more end times event fleshed out. I also still want to see a story where someone stumbles across a realm gate from the old world and ends up in the new... we know it happened but we’ve never seen an example.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

I'd thought that too, it's described somewhere as having a mortarch on board and there can't be that many of them, so it would make sense of it to be bumped up to named/unique status.

Where was it said there's a Mortarch on board? I'd like to read it.

6 hours ago, JReynolds said:

Fun times, fun times. 

I think you mean End Times, fun times, amirite?

Also, the preview for your new book convinced me to take some Nuln Oil to a previously blue/white painted SCE force.  Counts as Heldenhammer here we come. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

The ghosts hovering outside appear to be carrying the deceased passenger's possessions, and the sword seen here isn't so different that it couldn't be Blood Drinker without the weird handle:

3yDwgQR.jpg

eYSo10g.jpg

Sorry, hadn't meant to cause any offence, it was a very well written novel overall and I've loved your recent stuff, especially Spear of Shadows. :) 

This is getting me close to being totally convinced it is vlad indeed. Everything so far seems to fit the story, and I like it. The mourning  spirit  of Isabella, taking her late husbands body everywhere she goes. 

Obviously all speculation, but I guess that is what a rumour thread is about in the first place, right? Still a good chance the new motarch is a new Character afterall, not known from the old world. The good thing about that would be, I think, that it gives a good opportunity to come up with a good and consistant background story, that doesn't need all kind of twist and plotturns that would be needed to me make the resurection of a former chracter, like Isabella,  fighting for Nagash something likely to have happened. Not sure if that could be an argument when talking about fanatsy though.

all, in all, I don't have a preference for either Isballa, or a new character, as long as it has some nice background story that brings flavor to the game. i would think with the ghostly theme, and the grieving mortarch there is more than enough material to do so. 

Edited by Lowki
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

3yDwgQR.jpg

eYSo10g.jpg

Oh you didn't! Don't worry. I was being tongue in cheek. I knew I should have used an emoji. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Isabella as the mortarch of Grief makes sense. I could alos see her as being the manifestation of Grief for all the Dead, rather than being one spirit she is instead a manifestation/avatar. Could also be the Lady of the Lake mourning the loss of all of Bretonnia, doubt GW would poke that bear though. Art work looks amazing for this so far, really bringing the Grim Dark back to the game.

On 6/6/2018 at 6:28 PM, Rogue Explorator said:

It is clearly Skarsnik grieving the loss Gobblar.

23 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

I think Skarsnik is the new Mortarch of Grief and inside the coach is Gobbla.  #youhearditherefirst

Heard it here first indeed :P

Seriously, I would much rather see the Mortarch of Grief being original to the World that was, we already have so many world-that-was characters running around, particularly in GA:Death.

• Like 1

Whilst i do want new realm based characters to be fleshed out (I hope to goodness someone has hired guy Haley to do a moonclan focused book if they get a named character) death is the one alliance where I’m more than happy to see old names. Death is so tied to Nagash at the moment and all these characters had huge roles in his apotheosis - it makes sense they would stick around even thousands of years later. 

Now if they ever do a death mages faction or go back to flesh eater courts then they should get all new characters because they will be a mortal death faction.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Whilst i do want new realm based characters to be fleshed out (I hope to goodness someone has hired guy Haley to do a moonclan focused book if they get a named character) death is the one alliance where I’m more than happy to see old names. Death is so tied to Nagash at the moment and all these characters had huge roles in his apotheosis - it makes sense they would stick around even thousands of years later. 

Now if they ever do a death mages faction or go back to flesh eater courts then they should get all new characters because they will be a mortal death faction.

Actually FEC are already tied up heavily with Ushoran, who is another old world (background) character.

I feel that out of all Death forces so far, Nighthaunt is the most unique to the Mortal Realms. I guess I would just like to see that mirrored in the factions Mortarch.

11 minutes ago, ShadowSwordmaster said:

How much more? 

Some. As implied by the phrase "other than the ones already shown". At least the hero on a Gryphasus. 

Be you seen the Warhammer fest stuff? If not, we know of alternate versions of some of the starter box heroes, another hero, dual build kits of all units in the starter box, new cavalry. May be more will come as well