The Rumour Thread

The titular Harbinger is way too pricey at 190. He was over-costed before and now all they did was make him a priest without a proper prayer lore to pick from. I don't understand why they insist on making Nurgle heroes almost twice as much as those of other factions.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Mutton said:

The titular Harbinger is way too pricey at 190. He was over-costed before and now all they did was make him a priest without a proper prayer lore to pick from. I don't understand why they insist on making Nurgle heroes almost twice as much as those of other factions.

The chonkiness tax 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

DowKIcnV8e6uGLas.jpg
Okay, how have they not revealed this terrain officially yet. It looks so great and can be so easily adapted for siege mechanics or just more robust terrain rules in general. Finally I feel like it will be of interest to Old World, Middle Earth, HH and 40k fans... so just give it to us!

• Like 5

It is me or there are some Status Changes as USR in this new warscrolls?

• Inspired: Run & Charge
  • Goaded: Run& Charge for Monsters, but they need to finish each movement closer to the unit that gave them this ability.
  • Filled with despair: nurgle doind nurgle things...

We already have Terror and a few more USR as part of some battle traits/ warscroll abilities. I wouldn't mind to see some oficial USR for 4.0.

Imho, we can put a name to "roll a 2D6 and if it the result is more than the bravery of that unit...". What about a Bravery check?

• Like 1

I'm not sure there's much value in having a USR list when there's already space to just print the rules text on the warscrolls.  As someone who played a whole bunch of 40k back when it last had USRs, it's mostly just adding a bunch of extra things to remember mid-game.  It seems simpler to just put 'mortals on 6s' on a warscroll instead of 'Deadly Wounds (see page 118 of the core rules)' or whatever.

I guess the advantage would be ensuring that rules with similar effects actually share the same text, instead of being different for no real reason, but I don't know how valuable that actually is overall.

13 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

I'm not sure there's much value in having a USR list when there's already space to just print the rules text on the warscrolls.  As someone who played a whole bunch of 40k back when it last had USRs, it's mostly just adding a bunch of extra things to remember mid-game.  It seems simpler to just put 'mortals on 6s' on a warscroll instead of 'Deadly Wounds (see page 118 of the core rules)' or whatever.

One thing that might not be completely useless would be to have USRs, have a list of them in the rules, but then reprint the rule on the Warscroll. That way it's easy for as player who forgets what the rule is to find out when reading their Warscroll, but also when they tell their opponent that they are going to "Call Upon the Might of the Twin-Tailed Comet of High Azyr on a Tuesday Night in June" and their opponent asks what that does, they can start by saying "it gives my unit inspired" and that's all more experienced players will need to know.

That said, if they don't go the route, if prefer just printing rules on Warscrolls and not having USRs over having to look up USRs I can't remember. I just got that, behind the scenes, the rules writers do a better job of standardizing wording, partially when a specific piece of writing has caused a FAQ to be released before.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

I guess aside from cities launch box, the only other AoS from this weekend will probably be the new scenery. 

I doubt they'll show us any more on Dawnbringers 2. It's not until Autumn that it's out? By GW's logic, that could be as late as November 

Underworlds stuff is also Autumn and it will have reveal. 1.  September is start of Autumn for GW tho

Edited by Aleser
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucentia said:

I think that AoS Core Rules with USR could be good. Btw, we don't need 200 USR, look at Asoiaf, it has 3 "status" (tokens) and 3 "attack abilities".

I find it weird that Nightaunts has an ability that makes enemy units "terrified" but it's diferent from an ability like Terror. And of course, being completely diferent abilities, we lose a lot of posible interactions.

• Like 1

"and although the tale became an instant classic it never quite reached the hallowed pages of a Black Library novel. Until now."

I think they're forgetting something from 2019...

Also it should have included the second audio play, Blood of the Old world which has actually never been in print. This collector's edition although very nice just seems like the same as the 2019 version with an old short story added in and probably other content removed. Although saying that I'll still probably buy it because it matches the collectors editions of the three first novels... *sigh*

IMG_6753.jpeg

IMG_6754.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

21 minutes ago, Ledgington said:

"and although the tale became an instant classic it never quite reached the hallowed pages of a Black Library novel. Until now."

Also it should have included the second audio play, Blood of the Old world which has actually never been in print. This collector's edition although very nice just seems like the same as the 2019 version with an old short story added in and probably other content removed. Although saying that I'll still probably buy it because it matches the collectors editions of the three first novels... *sigh*

IMG_6753.jpeg

IMG_6754.jpeg

This new one "remixes all four episodes of the awesome audio drama into a single full-length novel for the first time", so it seems like it's rewritten in novel form instead of just being the script.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, petitionercity said:

Potentially relevant - and deeply sad - news 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223862092661901/permalink/806203951094376/

Screenshot_20230628-122625.png.5de9a0c620daab197ed90a3b39ceeecc.png

While I understand this, its really sad - WAP was a love letter to Fantasy, and it's a real shame to see The Old World be its deathknell. While it will continue, it really won't be the same.

A bit sad to see, but completely understandable.I'm curious to see what other fanmade projects will do after that. We have over 5 fanmade editions in my country, and most of them have tournaments with 20-80 players...

1 hour ago, Ledgington said:

IMG_6753.jpeg

IMG_6754.jpeg

I am really sad I missed that first version. It would fit so nicely next to my other hardbacks, hopefully they release a non-collectors hardback as well. I've been looking for that script book for ages, but it's available nowhere online, even second-hand.

I'm really doubting on whether to buy it. I'd love it on one hand, but on the other hand the rest of the collectors editions got scalped up so quickly that I never got a chance to buy them.

Grimhold Exile looks good, I think? Similar statline to the Grimwrath but with more utility. The Run And Charge ability will probably earn him a place in at least a few lists and it frees up another target for Ember Storm Prayers. 140pts isn't breaking the bank either, even if he's on the the pricier side for a Fyreslayer Foot Hero.

I'm probably skipping the RoR box though. I realised the contents are basically the FS half of Fury of the Deep with a different Hero and it's a boxset you can still find without too much trouble. After selling the Idoneth half it works out cheaper unless you really want the Grimhold Exile now... and let's face it, almost none will be the wiser if you just proxied him with a different model. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Grimhold Exile looks good, I think? Similar statline to the Grimwrath but with more utility. The Run And Charge ability will probably earn him a place in at least a few lists and it frees up another target for Ember Storm Prayers. 140pts isn't breaking the bank either, even if he's on the the pricier side for a Fyreslayer Foot Hero.

I'm probably skipping the RoR box though. I realised the contents are basically the FS half of Fury of the Deep with a different Hero and it's a boxset you can still find without too much trouble. After selling the Idoneth half it works out cheaper unless you really want the Grimhold Exile now... and let's face it, almost none will be the wiser if you just proxied him with a different model. 

Fyreslayers really have it rough. I don't know why the GW sculptors insist on making them so samey. If you take all the different models of literal skeletons GW produces you find more variety and expressiveness in them than the Fyreslayer range.

I really hope die-hard Fyreslayer supporters get something to be excited about some time soon.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Asbestress said:

This new one "remixes all four episodes of the awesome audio drama into a single full-length novel for the first time", so it seems like it's rewritten in novel form instead of just being the script.

Thank you for finding me reason to own both! Hopefully Blood of the Old World gets the same treatment eventually