The Rumour Thread

Ok to me this was a great show.

First up, not interrested in more primaris and HH stuff.

Seraphon players are living the dream now. I am thinking about maybe building a Warcry warband out of the new Saurus some day. I guess mounted Saurus and Kroxigors will be revealed next show. 

Warcry has been going strong imho. Every single kit this edition has been beautifull and creative. Loving these half transformed models.Also vampires on foot unit! 

Underworlds was a bit plain for my taste. Arenai seemed a bit of an easy addition and more of the same we had already seen.

Was hoping on some more info on whats coming up next but at least we know Seraphon is the summer tome on the roadmap. 

No real surprises this show but i think we got at least 4 or 5 RE solved.

Edit: they finally start to put the beast in era of the beast. To bad its not yet been on the Destruction side.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

Loving that Warcry box. I wonder if a new single box warband will be out by the time it goes on sale. It would take something like a FEC warband to delay me buying Bloodhunt.

I like the feathered raptors. I can't tell if their heads look a little small or it's just the big crests making them look that way. Probably too many watches of Jurassic Park when I was little. 😅

2022-10-18.jpg2022-09-20.jpg

So these are solved by the Raptadon riders

2022-06-14.jpg

And this one is one the base of the Slann

2022-05-10.jpg

Spear Saurus wheren't actually show but the Starborne painted example is clearly holding a spear so this should be part of the Warriors

2022-08-09%20.jpg

But this wasn't shown yet and could be part of whatever else is coming for Seraphon

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

2022-10-18.jpg2022-09-20.jpg

So these are solved by the Raptadon riders

2022-06-14.jpg

And this one is one the basse of the Slann

2022-05-10.jpg

Spear Saurus wheren't actually show but the Starborne painted example is clearly holding a spear so this should be part of the Warriors

2022-08-09%20.jpg

But this wasn't shown yet and could be part of whatever else is coming for Seraphon

Games Workshop Rumor Engine: 'Feathers Flock Together' - Bell of Lost Soulsimage.png.055360250e8e160baf32ef5464ab0cae.pngfrom the banner

Edited by Fellman
  • Like 6

Awesome preview! Here is the updated list.

Spoiler

Necromunda
Cawdor riders
Outlander Beastmaster Millisaurs & Ripperjacks  (Forgeworld)

Age of Sigmar
Summer Order Battletome
Spring Chaos Battletome
Spring Chaos Battletome
Spring Death Battletome
Spring Death Battletome
Seraphon Battletome - Slann, Saurus, Skink riders

Warcry
Bloodhunt - Khorne vs Vampires
Nightmare's Quest

Underworlds
Morathi Aelves + rival's deck

Horus Heresy
Salamander heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Word Bearers heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Alpha Legion heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Raven Guard heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Exodus (Forgeworld)
Typhon Heavy Siege Tank
Scimitar bikes
Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer

Warhammer 40k
Astra Militarum Combat Patrol, Rough Riders, Commissar
World Eaters Full Release
Azrael, Dark Angel
Wrath of the Soul Forge King
Strike Force Agastus
Brutalis Dreadnought
Desolation Squad
Primaris Lieutenant
Arks of Omen: Angron
Arks of Omen: Vashtorr + Vashtorr
Arks of Omen: Unknown
Boarding boxes (CSM & Ultramarines)
Boarding bases
Battleforce CSM Boarding

Kill Team 
Adeptus Arbites vs Drukhari

LotR
Osgiliath terrain boxes

Blood Bowl
Bruce

• Thanks 5

Hot takes:

Seraphon: Not going to lie, I was kind of at a low point of hype of these guys going into the preview. But what they showed has definitely turned me around! I especially love those raptor riders. v cute. I also like that they have emphasized the ancient aliens angle that Seraphon have in AoS a bit more, since that definitely sets them apart from WHFB Lizardmen.

The 5th edition saurus warriors from the Lizardmen vs Bretonnia box set were actually the first Warhammer models I ever saw. And yeah, after looking them up again, the new saurus are definitely an upgrade:

Saurus Warriors

Of course, the biggest pieces of news for AoS overall are that Seraphon will actually get even more kits (making them the first big AoS model drop since Dominion) and that they are coming in summer/late spring. I believe that makes the battletome release order pretty clear: There is not going to be another big model drop before Seraphon (if there was, it would have been shown off today), so the Order battletome has to be Kharadron overlords. Realistically, it probably also means that Cities releases in Autumn at the earliest.

Warcry: The Khorne dudes are neat. I always think Khorne is hard to find fresh, new takes on. Especially for Warcry, since warcry warbands are supposed to be low-level guys, which frequently means barbarians trying to become full-fledged members of their parent faction. Since Khorne mortals are already basically barbarians, that formula doesn't really work in their case. But the idea of mortals that are really into Flesh Hounds is cool, recognizible and novel.

The vampire monks are probably my favourite thing revealed today, with the half-turned guy being my favourite of the bunch. I really appreciate that Warcry lets the design team do fun one-offs like this, because shaolin vampire monks is would be too weird as a one-off unit in AoS proper, and too specific to be a full Gravelords subfaction. The mortal realms are a big place, so it's great that we get to finally see some of the various cultures that exist in it. I hope the next warcry season is used to flesh out the Cities of Sigmar in the same way.

Underworlds: Daughters of Khaine? More like SNOREters of LAME.

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

16 minutes ago, Zerthin said:

Is it me or are pants on DoK warband painted on?

As in it's sculpted as skin with no material and then painted as leggins?

While disappointed they aren't really just clothed - this is a really neat idea I'm loving :)

in the art they are clearly wearing pants. In the minis its harder to see if the folds are just painted of have some sculpting.

I think the sculpting is so subtle that you can go either way. 

As a resident DoK fan I will take a 3rd underworlds squad I guess, always happy to paint some DoK and I enjoy seeing iterations on their base design elements.  However, it's definitely the weakest of the 3 DoK teams available, almost feels more like a season 1 team where they were pulling design cues from only a single unit type. (Sisters of slaughter, in this case.)  Mixing in a harpy or snake-elf in there would've gone a long way, I think.

• Like 6

Just caught up on the reveals,

Wow! These Seraphon are amazing, I’ve never particularly wanted to start an army but the Saurus especially have me very tempted. I notice in the background of the video the electric glowy RE is a bit of Seraphon terrain.

The WHU warband is a bit meh.

On the warcry stuff, I like the warbands, It’s great to see more diversity in factions. I’m not too impressed with the terrain tho, I like it but it’s just more of the same again. I bought both Heart of Ghur & Sundered Fate, I’ve got enough trees now. I was thinking I’d try to buy all 4 boxes this season, but not so sure now. My hope was that by now we’d have seen some actual Seraphon ruined buildings like they’ve teased in the artwork.

On the 40k stuff, is it just me or are those primaris guns a bit stupid. They look like something a child would draw.

AHHHHHHH!

I'm blown away. Honestly that is everything I hoped for. Lad! Seraphon! Saurus WARRIOOOORRRRRRRRRRS!

And that's not even all?! My goodness. Oh I am buying a full army to paint as soon as they release. 

And those Vampires!!! Holy Sigmar, look at them, they're practically Cathayan Jade Vampires. Even with the that proper Asian style demon looking thing, looks straight out of Sekiro or Onimusha. Absolutely perfect. 

I wonder if they can be used as Heroes in AoS, or we'll have our first Vampire infantry box!

Arbites are cool but AoS absolutely knocked it out of the park. Ah man I am so hyped that was glorious. I'm so happy.

My low expectations and frustration was too harsh, GW let us eat good today.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Review:

Seraphon: Super nice. It's apparently not even half of all the new models

Underworlds: Same old same old. Not interested at all - they really need to come up with something creative for Daughters

Bloodhunt: The Khorne warband is fine. The Vampire models are the opposite of what I wanted to see, I really dislike the weirdly proportioned asian style that is way too busy - looks like a vampire clown warband with a malformed Dog-Transformation

Heresy: A tank.

Kill Team: The Guards are fine yet too busy. The Drukhari have one interesting head, the rest is boring. Cool Art, bad Drukhari models imo

40K Marines: The Cyborg is fine. The heavy Marines look really bad. Neutral on the Lieutenant. It's cool that he's modular I guess.

Vash'Tor Box: Well. I like Vash'tors model, yet pretty much nothing else in that box floats my boat (are those old Terminators? Excuse me?)

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Saurus Warriors

These guys have a lot of goofy charm nowadays! It’s kind of like Saurus appearances have evolved with depictions of dinosaurs, and these guys come off like the heavy boned ideas of dinosaurs you see in Victorian art or the Crystal Palace iguanadonsimage.jpeg.e5ec19e05ee8b27669dd8253fa272685.jpeg . 

• Like 4

So after a couple of hours to stew on them;

Seraphon: Awesome. The Saurus in particular... absolutely nailed it. Perfect. Slann is lovely and the new Skink cavalry is fun too. Going to assume 'not even half' means there are a total of 7 new kits because it's never worth getting too excited about this but I am very, very happy to see the range refreshes we saw from 40k potentially start migrating over to AoS.

Warcry: Ok, I love these two warbands. Really showing AoS in it's best light as a setting. I've been right on the edge of jumping into Warcry for a while now, I just needed to wait for a box where I liked both warbands and this is it I think.

DoK Undwerwolds: I know people are disappointing in them, I get that and I understand why, but I like them. Sure, there's nothing really different going on here but they are all nice sculpts and I just love DoK's aesthetic so much I'll almost certainly buy them.

40k: Vashtorr is cool, him being in a VS box with some horrible space marines is not. New Space Marines are exactly as boring as you'd expect.

30k: It's a tank with a different gun. Meh.

Kill Team: Arbites are a cool idea executed really well, Drukhari feel like an after thought.

Overall, a fun preview of which AoS got the much better showing and I think we've probably got a lot to look forward to as GW squeeze stuff in before the 40k edition release monopolises the entire summer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stormy1486 said:

Sorry I missed the part where they said there would be more kits? 

They've said on the stream that it's less than a half.

And also this from the WarCom article:
That’s not all the Seraphon can look forward to in 2023 – this teaser is just the crest of an enormous wave of righteous reptiles poised to wash over the Mortal Realms. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/28/2022 at 11:29 AM, Grungnisson said:

Seraphon had a much more comprehensive update in the White Dwarf, KO got a warscroll and none of the third edition incompatibilities addressed. I strongly believe that was due to the fact that the next KO book was pretty much finalised by then.

While I'm not saying I was being right, I still think the stonks of aethergold went slightly up this morning.

77c30f4e-f76b-48a7-a78e-854bbe054743.jpg.20e649dafb6e73255e242f4ad263a285.jpg

Edited by Grungnisson

59 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

making them the first big AoS model drop since Dominion

Wouldn't you count S2D in that (be Daemon Prince, Ogroid Theridons, new Chaos Warriors, new Chosen, upgrade to Knights, Eternus/Chaos Lord on mount, Exalted Hero... I'd say that's a big model drop).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

While I'm not saying I was being right, I still think the stonks of aethergold went slightly up this morning.

77c30f4e-f76b-48a7-a78e-854bbe054743.jpg.20e649dafb6e73255e242f4ad263a285.jpg

Are you using these drawings on the roadmap to show that Seraphon are probably the Summer tome and Kharadron the spring order tome? Because if so, I hate to break it to you with the effort you put in, but the Summer tome picture has changed to show explicitly that it’s seraphon and you didn’t need to prove it 😜

As for my review:

Space Marines: the new Dreadnought is cool (I have a Black Templars army: melee is where we're supposed to be), I am ambivalent to the rocket marines. If I did get them I would be removing the little doors on their launchers as, regardless of how realistic they are, they look bad.

Seraphon: I love it all. I am going to really struggle not to start a Seraphon army. I hope Saurus are good, I like them as the backbone of Seraphon, but they've just not been good so far. Hmm... should I keep an eye on eBay for a cheap Kroak?

Warcry: those Soulblight are great. The bestial one is amazing. Khorne are cool, but I'm not that excited for them. If the vampires aren't too expensive in eBay I'll buy them that way, otherwise wait until they are released separately. Terrain is a disappointment (it feels like we're getting the Kill Team treatment, where we were promised me terrain in each box, and technically that's what we're getting, but it doesn't feel very new.

Underworlds: is have been more excited if they simply announced they were bringing back the previous Warband. This is just kinda boring.

Horus Heresy: okay I take that back, this is boring. Land Raider with a seriously large gun on the front? Meh.

Kill Team: I don't like either team. The Judge is to overdone, and there's something about the rest which just doesn't hit the mark for me. The Dark Eldar suffer from the Phobos Kill Team issue where, other than the bird, I struggle to see what has actually been added.

Overall: this was a really good preview for AoS. For once it didn't feel like we were playing second fiddle to 40k. 5/7

• Like 2