The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, novakai said:

I think they heavily hinted that Bloodhunt is between Khorne and Soulblight in the new book

Are there any explicit clues or have you made inferences from more subtle things ?

I bet on a Destruction faction against Khorne but come to think of it, bloodhunt is a name that would suit soulblights perfectly... It's cruel to give hopes like that ! 😉

Edited by Draznak

7 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

You mind sharing this information with the rest of us who didn’t buy the over $200 box? 

Reposting from earlier in the thread.

KXlTDG7.png

C8CFuK7.png

The main take aways for me are that "Hashut's power is unquestionably on the rise" and that the Chaos Dwarfs are explicitly on their way to Thondia, which is where the current setting takes place. It seems like too specific of a setup for them not to be turning up at some point this edition, like how Katakros and the Ossiarchs were repeatedly teased throughout early 2.0 (albeit more subtilty).

Of course the argument could be made they've been doing something similar with Malerion, but his lore has always been "dude's chilling in Ulgu he might get off his rear at some point" compared to this.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 3

Time to believe:

Tzaangors (200pts)
WS is simplified
hero phase 12" for each wizard enemy unit roll a dice 4+ D3 MW

Tzaangor Enlightened (215pts)
4+sv
3" enemy can't receive CAs in combat phase
+1 wound if you are going second this round

Kairic Acolytes (120pts)
Shield ward 6+
18" each time a enemy cast a spell with a 4+ 1MW

Sentinels (165pts)
24" range & ignore cover

Vanari Dawnriders (160pts)

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, novakai said:

I think they heavily hinted that Bloodhunt is between Khorne and Soulblight in the new book

It's colossally unlikely even if Bloodhunt does include soulblight given the nature of war cry as a small scale skirmish infantry game that only barely includes rules for cavalry models, and the fact that AoS rules for warcry warbands are generally for the whole warband as a pile rather than separate rules for individual models within it, but if such a set could be used to give us back mounted vampire lords I'd be very happy.  Stealing away the option for mounted vampire lords at the same moment that we finally got a proper plastic kit for their blood knight retinue was a tragedy.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Sception said:

It's colossally unlikely even if Bloodhunt does include soulblight given the nature of war cry as a small scale skirmish infantry game that only barely includes rules for cavalry models, and the fact that AoS rules for warcry warbands are generally for the whole warband as a pile rather than separate rules for individual models within it, but if such a set could be used to give us back mounted vampire lords I'd be very happy.  Stealing away the option for mounted vampire lords at the same moment that we finally got a proper plastic kit for their blood knight retinue was a tragedy.

Can always use the anvil of apotheosis rules to have a mounted vampire lord.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Can always use the anvil of apotheosis rules to have a mounted vampire lord.

I was so sad that the Anvil of Apotheosis was not included in the core rules. I think it needs some tweaks and simplifications to make it balanced and also intuitive for friendly games but it is so fun and adds more flavour to the game. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I was so sad that the Anvil of Apotheosis was not included in the core rules. I think it needs some tweaks and simplifications to make it balanced and also intuitive for friendly games but it is so fun and adds more flavour to the game. 

Aye. One of my favourite things about WHFB army books was how you could customise your heroes. Sure, there were some options which were more competitive than others but the options were there and you usually could make them workable.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

This seems like a pretty cool system and cant wait to try it out. 

They've been making big moves lately too so I'm getting the impression we're going to see more than ever. I think we're entering a golden age for the hobby. Lots of wargames, skirmish, campaign based stuff, light RP stuff, board games, and board games in video games. Even had some board game nights with my "non-nerd" friends lately and now we're doing biweekly sessions.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Time to believe:

Tzaangors (200pts)
WS is simplified

4+sv

Kairic Acolytes (120pts)
Shield ward 6+

Sentinels (165pts)
24" range & ignore cover

200 point tzaangors. They better be getting a sizeable buff to go with that because thats a lot of points for 10 2 wound dudes on a 5+. The biggest hurdle to their playability since the 2e Tzeentch book was the points.
Kairics also never felt like they were worth it in that book, and the 3e point increase only made it worse.

8 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Time to believe:

Tzaangors (200pts)
WS is simplified

4+sv

Kairic Acolytes (120pts)
Shield ward 6+

Sentinels (165pts)
24" range & ignore cover

I hope a Tzaangor flock will be reasonable this time around. I love those funky wizardbirds.  I'd be pleased if they got a subfaction, too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sception said:

It could FEC honestly upon further inspection but I doubt scale means anything in Warcry and most units in SBG are not even vampires to begin with lol (there mostly thralls and minions)

you could get a war band of one random vampire dude and a bunch of minions and call it a day

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

I hope a Tzaangor flock will be reasonable this time around. I love those funky wizardbirds.  I'd be pleased if they got a subfaction, too.

Well, I'd be happy already if they were decent enough to not feel like you fought with one of your arms tied behind your back. Same goes for Acolytes, although they had a decent cult to use in at least. But still, I was never impressed with either of them and hope the fix will change that.

Almost the whole Tzeentch army was overpriced for glasscannons that mostly weren't that strong (with some units like Acolytes getting overcosted despite not many fielding them) because of a couple of totally broken combos involving special characters and horror spam (where everyone is right to condemn those), I think GW could've used much better nerfs to be honest. Personally I hope smaller games will now be possible with Tzeentch and this new book will fix some of our biggest problems and we won't be almost "forced" into taking broken units as the alternatives are severely lacking but can instead mix and match units and still have a decent enough army.

Oh and where are Curseling rules? Dude lost a proper arm and flail, I wanna know what he got in return! 👿 *crybaby-mode: ON*

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, novakai said:

It could FEC honestly upon further inspection but I doubt scale means anything in Warcry and most units in SBG are not even vampires to begin with lol (there mostly thralls and minions)

you could get a war band of one random vampire dude and a bunch of minions and call it a day

Id love to see a Warband for Soulblight that was 1 Vampire and 6 or 7 Vampiric Thralls that are decked out in gear.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pnkdth said:

They've been making big moves lately too so I'm getting the impression we're going to see more than ever. I think we're entering a golden age for the hobby. Lots of wargames, skirmish, campaign based stuff, light RP stuff, board games, and board games in video games. Even had some board game nights with my "non-nerd" friends lately and now we're doing biweekly sessions.

I totally agree, there really is something for everyone.

So many ways to stratch that itch so many of us get to start a new army or project.

Now you can do a Underworlds Warband or warcry Warband or a kill team instead of getting overwhelmed by a full army.

Plus we've got loads more coming like the Old World.

It's a good time to be a hobbiest!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Considering how often in the dark the Facebook team is I think they have no idea what’s coming up as usual.

"we'll see what we can do!" 

"hey, guys, can we do... no? oh, ok, so nothing? well at least we saw what we could do!" 

But I am planning to play Troggs in a tournament in October. So I'm half convinced that a Gitz book will be released right before that and throw it all into confusion. 

• Like 3