The Rumour Thread

Exciting times! The Hashut boys are fascinating and I’m excited to see more of these chaos legionaries. From the blurry pics, they look like they might have some of the style of the old Realms Of Chaos-era weirdoes from Ian Miller’s art, before the viking/barbarian look became so dominant.

Also… Eternus. First off, cool, I like these champion/lieutenant/right-hand man character. Might be reading too much into this but is he implied to be a fallen Stormcast? Or a knock-off Stormcast of some sort.

Edited by sandlemad

18 minutes ago, Jator said:

Looking at the silver lining, this is probably the best developing besides having an actual BT for chaos dwarfs. It pretty much confirms they're gonna be a thing, and doesn't soup them with punny humans. 
But I can see how that wouldn't be enough after the long wait chorf players are enduring.

we are built to endure and to enjoy a long wait.

At this rate I might even resurrect my old slaves and chaos dwarf painting threads from the Infernal ashes of time. (see what I did there)

Waking up to new rumours:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slaves to Darkness:

Eternus is exactly the Chaos Lord I have wanted in terms of rules and model. Love the emphasis on mortal followers of Be'Lakor as I feel like that might be developed into the lore of my army.

Horns of Hashut is the biggest troll tease of all time! I honestly was expecting and hoping for 3 Chaos Dwarf warscroll and we get zero.

Ogroids look fantastic and have really fun rules. 

Maybe I will try and limit myself to Eternus, Chosen and Be'Lakor to round out the rest of my army/collection...Ogroids will likely sneek into at somepoint down the line... and a Mindstealer Sphiranx.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nighthaunt:

New Nighthaunt rules are amazing they seem so ghostly... vanishing and reappearing, denying inspiring presence, army-wide ward saves, causing enemies to freeze in the spot from fear, finally a mortal wound which makes sense for ghosts as well. I haven't gone over the warscrolls yet but I am thinking NH look way more fun to play against now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gloomspite:

Possible new Gobo release bring it on, with the new rules of this edition I feel like the Badmoon will be so much more well thought out!

How have GW got so leaky all of a sudden? Not complaining, but from radio silence to this is an odd change of pace.

Also, the bug guys from Ash Wastes are £28 for 4 of them, feels strangely reasonable for some very nice models. Have no intention of playing Necromunda but probably gonna pick up a pack of those for converting / a painting exercise.

If any kind comrade would be nice enough to share the pictures of these new models with me I’d be most appreciative. I’ve seen one or two but struggling to see more than that online if with my form of the Bear Google Fu. 

However if not allowed mods please delete, not sure if via pm is still accepted practice.

56 minutes ago, The Damascus said:

Can any of you fine gentleman send me S2D leaks? I would be greatful. 

It's pure hype from this leaks.

39 minutes ago, Kronos said:

If any kind comrade would be nice enough to share the pictures of these new models with me I’d be most appreciative. I’ve seen one or two but struggling to see more than that online if with my form of the Bear Google Fu. 

However if not allowed mods please delete, not sure if via pm is still accepted practice.

Pretty sure the AoS Reddit still has all the leaks up on their front page.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jator said:

Looking at the silver lining, this is probably the best developing besides having an actual BT for chaos dwarfs. It pretty much confirms they're gonna be a thing, and doesn't soup them with punny humans. 
But I can see how that wouldn't be enough after the long wait chorf players are enduring.

You're right - not every faction gets their own Primaris Duardin!!

Warscroll for Horns of Hashutt has been leaked, picture on it is NOT a chaos dwarf, its a human with a horned helmet, and the scroll is a generic warcry warband one, the special move being a charge causes mortal wounds on 6's for every model in the unit. I'm assuming meant to be as they stab you with their helmets.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Jagd said:

Warscroll for Horns of Hashutt has been leaked, picture on it is NOT a chaos dwarf, its a human with a horned helmet, and the scroll is a generic warcry warband one, the special move being a charge causes mortal wounds on 6's for every model in the unit. I'm assuming meant to be as they stab you with their helmets.

look at them as the meat tenderiser so that their masters get a forward look at what the enemy have got. After all, as any chaos dwarf knows, they're not dwarf so really not of any importance, and humans, although intelligent have got the toughness of an elf.

Ok, now that I’ve seen the models- in terms of detail and design, amazing. They look great, Chosen, Lord and Dp possibly my favourites with the Chosen being a fountain of opportunities for lots and lots of conversions, a most welcome kit.

My big whine however, and nothing to do with either the style, designs, nothing. What I’m annoyed about is that I’ve been waiting for ever for anything Chaos Dwarf and they come out with this unit (to do something like they must have a black bearded ace up their sleeve of immense proportions)

And then they thought we’ve not wound up enough of the community, release two cool beastmen which are in fact not beastmen. Like Kragnos wasn’t bad enough.

To make it clear, I’m not sat here frothing at the mouth saying “this is an injustice, how dare they”, I’m saying that the plastic miniatures coming are not the ones I wanted to buy exactly 😂

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 1

I just realized I‘m like ages behind on my Kruleboys. 
And with the Nighthaunt leaks so far & what’s brewing on the horizon for StD I‘m probably in trouble should Warhammer Fest reveal some Kurnothi or one of the destruction books be Ogors (with more than just one new hero).

35 minutes ago, Still-young said:

I don’t really like the new Ogroid models, they have a similar awkwardness to the Minotaur models in my opinion. Everything else so far is pretty damn cool though. 

Yeah I’d second this, though it’s very possible that better photos or 360s will remedy it. A shame considering both the thaumaturge and the myrmidon have incredible poses with brilliant tension. These dudes are rather flat by comparison.

Cool to see more ogroids though. On one level they’re clearly just a substitute for the old chaos ogres but their background as former Gorkamorka worshippers who turned wholesale to chaos is interesting.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

I just realized I‘m like ages behind on my Kruleboys. 
And with the Nighthaunt leaks so far & what’s brewing on the horizon for StD I‘m probably in trouble should Warhammer Fest reveal some Kurnothi or one of the destruction books be Ogors (with more than just one new hero).

Im so so so hoping that Ogors get more than just the Hero treatment. 

We need updated units and even a new unit or two. We need characters and plastic versions of the finecast.

50 minutes ago, boyadventurer said:

For anyone who's seen the Eternus warscroll, I believe that's the Centaurion marshall and Legionnaires with him in the photo.

Good catch I was so blinded by Eternus' beatuy to notice the rest. I am wondering if the Legionnaires will be an alternate build for Chose or maybe a part of the upcoming Warcry set alongside the Horns of Hashut?

The Centaurion Marshall might be an odd fit for my army... I think it will tie into the Legoinaries which might make it an include if I choose them over the Chosen. Otherwise the Chosen work better for my army visually and aesthetically.   

I wonder if it werent for these leaks would we have even been given the roadmap for 2022 this week? Was that coming anyway or was GW like 'Damn we need to get in front of this so nobody freaks out next week'.

If so Im glad there were these leaks as it encouraged GW to pull their finger out and post an update that makes everyone* excited about the chances of their Faction coming this year.

*Sorry Death players.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1