The Rumour Thread

8 hours ago, Snarff said:

I would honestly not be surprised if they just release the Magmadroth kit without Vulkites for the same price as the Start Collecting at this point. Would be a scummy move, but par for the course. The other Magmadroth kits on the GW site say you receive the Start Collecting instead of the loose kit.

It's so strange, since the Magmadroth was an actual separate kit back in the day so there should not be a problem with sprues or printing. It's been 2 months without any information. The Idoneth Deepkin Start Collecting is still no longer available, and neither faction is getting a Vanguard anytime soon it seems.

Magmadroth has always been weird. It originally cost £60 if i recall correctly, so when the Start Collecting set came out at £50 it was cheaper than the original kit. Everyone stopped buying the original kit, and it got replaced with the SC set. Of course the price eventually crept back up to above it's original level, but that took a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gotz said:

just saw this on reddit... interesting...

I saw that too and I have a few thoughts:

We can be hopeful that Beasts will get new stuff this edition. They have been set up to be narratively important both in Broken Realms and in Seasons of War: Thondia.

The small Dirgehorn seems like it has to be Beasts related.

The insect bit that everyone thought could be a Jabberslythe leg is kinda shaky. If I recall, Whitefang implied that it's not related to Beasts. I suspect it will be revealed to be a Sylvaneth thing in a few days.

The hoof belonging to a centigor is a bit of a reach, especially given that it has a horseshoe attached. People pointed to Chaos... Knights? Marauder Horsemen? on that one when that Rumour Engine came out.

The horned skull is one of the oldest unsolved rumour engines. Given that it is so old, I doubt that it relates to a Beast of Chaos release wave that will happen six months from now at the earlierst. I would rather suspect that it is part of an event model, anniversary model or cursed city expansion that got delayed instead.

The little guys belonging to a new Dragon Ogor Shaggoth kit seems like a real possibility. However, them being part of a new Mega-Gargant character kit is also fairly probable, in my opinion. They seem to fit the little creatures described in that one story in the Sons of Behemat battletome pretty well.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I saw that too and I have a few thoughts:

We can be hopeful that Beasts will get new stuff this edition. They have been set up to be narratively important both in Broken Realms and in Seasons of War: Thondia.

The small Dirgehorn seems like it has to be Beasts related.

The insect bit that everyone thought could be a Jabberslythe leg is kinda shaky. If I recall, Whitefang implied that it's not related to Beasts. I suspect it will be revealed to be a Sylvaneth thing in a few days.

The hoof belonging to a centigor is a bit of a reach, especially given that it has a horseshoe attached. People pointed to Chaos... Knights? Marauder Horsemen? on that one when that Rumour Engine came out.

The horned skull is one of the oldest unsolved rumour engines. Given that it is so old, I doubt that it relates to a Beast of Chaos release wave that will happen six months from now at the earlierst. I would rather suspect that it is part of an event model, anniversary model or cursed city expansion that got delayed instead.

The little guys belonging to a new Dragon Ogor Shaggoth kit seems like a real possibility. However, them being part of a new Mega-Gargant character kit is also fairly probable, in my opinion. They seem to fit the little creatures described in that one story in the Sons of Behemat battletome pretty well.

The little creatures are mentioned yet again in Seasons of War Thondia as a race that worships Gargants, they live in Lake Hoarfrost which is a footprint of Ymnogs Trample!!

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

31 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Dunno if people have seen this

1e98e6da425f48a6f025afd31bb8ba4a13ae9f46.jpg

The text is a little hard to make out, but I think this is what it says:

"The forces of chaos have taken the realms for themselves, and it is no idle claim. The lands have become hellscapes, their masters the worst of all tyrants. They claim to rule, to be grand kings of war, but in truth they are servants - little more than slaves to the Dark Gods they have embraced."

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

@Neverchosen is that Unmounted Varanguard!?

OMG! Finally!!! 

Even if it is a unique demon character or they are called Chosen this is exactly what I wanted! I am so pumped and that Demon Prince will look amazing in my army and the Chosen/Varanguard are going to become a big part of my army's lore!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Multipart chaos warriors and new lord on daemonic mount are also in the pic.

Basically a range refresh for slave them? in the picture I would guess are models for Chosen and a Demon Prince.

There was any mention of which book they come from were you got the picture?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Still-young said:

We’ve already seen reboxed Skaven, weirdly. So they’re almost definitely coming. 

Its probably one of the new tomes for the second half of the year them. If this is the case we can stop looking at tome celestials as a measure of how long it will take for a faction to get a new tome, as slaves got their fairly early.