The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Yes, and an Empire / Free people character wouldn't necessarily be a good "Herald of Order" candidate, but if it's the architect of a majority of their cities, then it makes more sense. An architect is a cool concept, as was the Lustria explorator Marco Colombo. 

Marco_Colombo_Miniature_2.jpg

I forgot that guy existed!  When I saw you all talking about "Marco Columbo", I was picturing Peter Falk dressed as Columbo playing Marco Polo in a pool.  My brain sometimes...

4 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I just had an illumination... Okay, it's "educated" guess at best, but : 

I think the Herald Of Order will be the azyrite architect Valius Maliti (cf. the Seeds Of Hope and Disciples Of Tzeentch fluff) ;

For 4 reasons :

1) He is already named in the fluff, so there must be a reason for it. (And the Knight of Shroud, Herald Of Death, is a also named character).

2) He is the one who lead the construction of many of Order's new cities. So he can be seen as "representing" many factions, as those cities are "multicultural".

3) IMO Malign portents is a more than just 4 new heroes. If it's huge, there will be new factions too (like Nurgle, Darkoath, Deathrattle, etc.) and there will be new sceneries. As Warhammer TV and Hastings said (supra), we think those sceneries will be for Order, i.e. new buildings / fortresses. If those come in 2018, it ties again with Valius Maliti nicely, as the architect of those cities.

4) The feather here (and the little parchment in the corner) makes many people think of a "Free people" character. Again, that could be Valiti (cf. the Marco Colombo mini for WFB).

RumourEngine-Sep12hrvs.jpg

While I like the idea, it unfortunately won't work, since the Disciples of Tzeentch Battletome reveals that Valius Maliti was actually The Changeling in disguise.  He posed as the architect so they would build many of Sigmar's cities on realmstone - a powerful magical substance - which would make corrupting mortals easier and feed into other plans.

27 minutes ago, FractalRain said:

While I like the idea, it unfortunately won't work, since the Disciples of Tzeentch Battletome reveals that Valius Maliti was actually The Changeling in disguise.  He posed as the architect so they would build many of Sigmar's cities on realmstone - a powerful magical substance - which would make corrupting mortals easier and feed into other plans.

Hm I don't think so, the Changeling used Maliti's identity to create Tzeentch cults and corrupt some realmstone deposite in the new cities, but they are still two different persons. (And the Changeling does not create "new"identities, he copies existing ones). 

Edited by HorticulusTGA

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Hm I don't think so, the Changeling used Maliti's identity to create Tzeentch cults and corrupt some realmstone deposite in the new cities, but they are still two different persons. (And the Changeling does not create "new"identities, he copies existing ones). 

Oh! So Maliti was still a real person?  But what happened to him then when the Changeling was using his identity for so long?  I'm assuming he was "disposed of"?

9 minutes ago, FractalRain said:

Oh! So Maliti was still a real person?  But what happened to him then when the Changeling was using his identity for so long?  I'm assuming he was "disposed of"?

Well, I think that given the size of the Mortal Realms , and the fact that the Season Of War (both Seeds Of Hope and Firestorm) is still an "all out war" time, so a chaotic (:P) period of time, the Changeling's plot wasn't noticed until Sigmar's agents finally caught him in Hammerhal Gyhra. And the Changeling is a very cunning creature, and Maliti only one person who canot be everywhere at once, so I think the daemon played carefully his hand...

On a sidenote, Greywater Fastness in Ghyran was the first city founded by Maliti and using Realmstone as power source, and this city is (still) loyal and uncorrupted.

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 1

New rumour picture:

RumourEngine-Nov14hcsv.jpg

Edit: Here's the cryptic Facebook quotes:

AoS: The stars have aligned, and a strange constellation has formed in skies across the Mortal Realms - unusually, it looks just like an upcoming release. We blame the Rumour Engine - do you know what it is?

40kThe Rumour Engine has something exciting to show you - first one to get it right wins our undying approval!

Edited by RuneBrush

I'm trying hard to justify this somehow NOT being an elf thing, but struggling. 

Thing is, if this is the Order hero then it must also have the feather and scroll/parchment? But that's a human type of thing surely? (the parchment). 

Which means this could be an additional model, an elf additional model. Its surely AOS, right? 

The chat about stars and constellations could be a reference to all sorts of factions though: various gods, navigation stuff, that light realm, no idea. 

Feather for Free Guild...that quiver is very elvish...

What if they start introducing mixed races, as ways to add to both general factions/aesthetics? So, the Herald of Order is a half-aelf, perhaps? Mixing things from assorted parts of the Grand Alliance would be tge easiest design space, though the DarkOath only fits that if you count her as Chaos Undivided...

Thoughts?

Everyone saying that frilly sucker is a feather please show me where the ear / mouth ****** is in all the free guild imagery! It's a freaky ass feather if it is one!

Oh my or i fice is on the word ban list. Just so you know I wasn't swearing!

Edited by Turragor
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Warboss Gorbolg said:

New undead archers.  I'm assuming that the undying clue is supposed to be an actual clue, and I think the quiver shape could fit into the Death aesthetic as well.

"Undying" is a word I've heard used for elves, with the immortality/eternal youth thing and all.