The Rumour Thread

"If you’re a fan of Warhammer Age of Sigmar, we will have a major reveal coming on Monday, pitting two allies of Order against one another in a battle of the elements."

It's a bit weird placing Chorfs and Silent People in Order, but at least we'll get to see the new models at last.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Just now, Clan's Cynic said:

It would be funny if they reveal the new Fyreslayer Battletome and all those Dwarf Soup """rumours""" promptly get shown to be nonsense.

I'm hoping this happens so much. Proper range expansions for both Fyreslayers and Kharadron to really solidify their individual identities. It'd set a great precedent for possible Chaos Duardin as well rather than all Duardin being tossed into a single tome and forgotten.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, EntMan said:

"If you’re a fan of Warhammer Age of Sigmar, we will have a major reveal coming on Monday, pitting two allies of Order against one another in a battle of the elements."

It's a bit weird placing Chorfs and Silent People in Order, but at least we'll get to see the new models at last.

Even stranger that they are battling on a Vampirate ship, but luckily good things come to those who wait. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sete said:

I have been out of the AoS news for a while (stupid sexy Black Templars)

What news from Cities of Sigmar front?

Nothing in particular but with the emphasis on Dawn Crusades it feels likely that they will receive a lot of attention. It is funny whenever Cities do pop up in (dubious) rumours it is always addressed wether or not they are switching the title of the army to Dawnbringers or not. People do seem pretty confident that they will receive an update but I think it is mostly wishful thinking based off of the really cool human models we have gotten recently in cursed cities and broken realms. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

All I want for Christmas is non-Soup Dwarfs. 

We will find out on Monday. 

we probably won't? if the leaks are true you get a duel box with IDK. 

Even if you get a new battletome with GW these days you cannot put another soup dwarven codex for 2023 release lol. (Will we see the rumoured third LRL battletome next year? lol)

5 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

New boxed set reveal on Monday and who knows, potentially we may get some more AOS news on New Years Day!! The AOS hype train is refueling and loading its passengers, mind the gap!!

I could see GW doing another Preview teaser like last new year. Which included both AoS and 40K even though the Christmas Preview was AoS only. So hopefully the reverse is true this year too. 

Has there been a Battlebox yet that has repeated the contents of a Start Collecting(!)? I don't mean a bit of overlap, but the entire contents of one? I ask because unless they double up on Hearthguard boxes they pretty much have to include the Magmadroth/Vulkites of the SC(!) or include a new unit.

I'm setting myself up for disappointment I know.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

5 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Has there been a Battlebox yet that has repeated the contents of a Start Collecting(!)? I don't mean a bit of overlap, but the entire contents of one? I ask because unless they double up on Hearthguard boxes they pretty much have to include the Magmadroth/Vulkites of the SC(!) or include a new unit.

I'm setting myself up for disappointment I know.

There's no iron law of not conflicting with a Start Collecting Box. Shadow and Pain had SC overlap on both sides, for example.

That said, there is always only one hero on each side, so no Magmadroths in a battlebox with a new hero and yes, the Fyreslayer half is going to be hella lame without any new models to pad it out, like 2xHG and one vulkite, or even just 3x HG while the IDK side can easily slap together a nice selection of models.

A major reveal makes me think it‘ll be more than just a few old models with 2 heroes, but rather - in the style of the 40k Battlebox - a collection of mostly new miniatures and the promise of two new books in the near future. Dwarf Soup & LRL version 3, „Rise of the Water Temple“.

3 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Nothing in particular but with the emphasis on Dawn Crusades it feels likely that they will receive a lot of attention. It is funny whenever Cities do pop up in (dubious) rumours it is always addressed wether or not they are switching the title of the army to Dawnbringers or not. People do seem pretty confident that they will receive an update but I think it is mostly wishful thinking based off of the really cool human models we have gotten recently in cursed cities and broken realms. 

I haven't seen new models in the artwork. Now replacement of the Handgunners, (to a lesser extent) Guard and non-griffin General is sorely needed, but that is mostly wishful thinking.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, madmac said:

There's no iron law of not conflicting with a Start Collecting Box. Shadow and Pain had SC overlap on both sides, for example.

That said, there is always only one hero on each side, so no Magmadroths in a battlebox with a new hero and yes, the Fyreslayer half is going to be hella lame without any new models to pad it out, like 2xHG and one vulkite, or even just 3x HG while the IDK side can easily slap together a nice selection of models.

So I think the Saboteur is not a Hero but doesn't the GSC side still have more than one hero?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/warhammer-40000-shadow-throne-2021-eng

I do not have much hope for anthing big from the new Fyreslayer vs IDK box. I also feel like we know the IDK side is getting the new hero from the Gotrek cover. But I still hold out hope that Fyreslayers will get something bigger like a new unit, chariot or a doom anvil. But really all we have to go for Fyreslayers are are an ornate Duardin icon and a cool looking torch thingy.