The Rumour Thread

These new Chaos Weapons are dope, would look great in AOS with a bit of clipping although I am becoming more and more tempted by 40k as I am becoming overly hopeful that the new CSM book will allow for a Dark Mech build! 😁

Also I feel like they will have the best bitz for making Chaos Dwarves until their inevitable release.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/12/23/the-advent-engine-23rd-december-2021/
X6UQY74MEKpD4gIK.jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

These new Chaos Weapons are dope, would look great in AOS with a bit of clipping although I am becoming more and more tempted by 40k as I am becoming overly hopeful that the new CSM book will allow for a Dark Mech build! 😁

Also I feel like they will have the best bitz for making Chaos Dwarves until their inevitable release.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/12/23/the-advent-engine-23rd-december-2021/
X6UQY74MEKpD4gIK.jpg

That Axe head is brutal looking. Would love great as a Cleaver for an Ogor Butcher!!

• LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

That Axe head is brutal looking. Would love great as a Cleaver for an Ogor Butcher!!

And like that I realized that I need to convert an Ogroid Myrmidon into a Chaotic Ogor Tyrant and make an Ogor Thaumaturge into a Butcher. They can then be run in my Chaos and Ogor armies 🤩

Narratively they have betrayed the path of the hunter and become mutated through their dealings and trades with the Chaos Tribes of the region. But as my Ogors do not engage directly with the ideologies of Order and Chaos they are still part of the tribe despite their ties to civilization. 🤔

Edited by Neverchosen
  • LOVE IT! 1

28 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

And like that I realized that I need to convert an Ogroid Myrmidon into a Chaotic Ogor Tyrant and make an Ogor Thaumaturge into a Butcher. They can then be run in my Chaos and Ogor armies 🤩

Narratively they have betrayed the path of the hunter and become mutated through their dealings and trades with the Chaos Tribes of the region. But as my Ogors do not engage directly with the ideologies of Order and Chaos they are still part of the tribe despite their ties to civilization. 🤔

Badass. I need to see this upon completion, once you have finished your other 1000 projects first of course!!

• Haha 1

daaam, everyone is soeaking about crab only for jokes. or doing memes, now voting fir it.... im sure only 10% of those guys legit want a crab.

as idoneth player i reaaaaaaally hate crabs, since i have arachnophobia, and crabs legs give me same chills as spiders one, or cloose.

so despite not getting anything from gw since our release like 4 years ago, im sure first unit we will get will be a crab, only for guys jokes.... instead propper atlantis sea elves. big ass sea dragon, huge kraken creature, mermaids, proper fish etc

so vote for kroak!!! and stop crab joke plssss, my seraphons also deserve a rework

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

daaam, everyone is soeaking about crab only for jokes. or doing memes, now voting fir it.... im sure only 10% of those guys legit want a crab.

as idoneth player i reaaaaaaally hate crabs, since i have arachnophobia, and crabs legs give me same chills as spiders one, or cloose.

so despite not getting anything from gw since our release like 4 years ago, im sure first unit we will get will be a crab, only for guys jokes.... instead propper atlantis sea elves. big ass sea dragon, huge kraken creature, mermaids, proper fish etc

so vote for kroak!!! and stop crab joke plssss, my seraphons also deserve a rework

Let us vote for rats folk, 

after all what could be Cuter than this

B9594DA9-9910-4E42-9F7C-17A348F1C4C5.jpeg.fcfc9a2d6d9a9fb611f5150091d6e4a7.jpeg

or more genius then this, model I found onlineA5229C69-09FD-4C5E-98DD-18046EE7978C.jpeg.bcd06cde69b05d69e4b733a03400e992.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 6

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Badass. I need to see this upon completion, once you have finished your other 1000 projects first of course!!

Sadly my plans involve money, since this one involves proxies and reusing models in different armies it will save money and be more likely to occur. I am also at 2000 points for my slaves to darkness and have promised to only revisit it only once my Ogors are done (which is actually taking less time than I expected). But otherwise you are right I have more ideas than motivation 😅

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Let us vote for rats folk, 

after all what could be Cuter than this

B9594DA9-9910-4E42-9F7C-17A348F1C4C5.jpeg.fcfc9a2d6d9a9fb611f5150091d6e4a7.jpeg

or more genius then this, model I found onlineA5229C69-09FD-4C5E-98DD-18046EE7978C.jpeg.bcd06cde69b05d69e4b733a03400e992.jpeg

/unjerk

Rats are actually awesome. Communal creatures (rat moms might raise their offspring together) that are quite intelligent. Some rats are even taught to smell gunpowder residue as they are cheaper to train than dogs! So, we might have "rat detectives" solving a murder as we speak. As a plus, apparently on Isle of Man a social taboo prevents the word "rat" from being uttered, and the rodents can instead go by a multitude of other names...like "queerfella". Rats are awesome.

/rejerk

Whiskers are closest to a beard, and Duardin have beards...yup, you guessed it, Chorfs confirmed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Sadly my plans involve money, since this one involves proxies and reusing models in different armies it will save money and be more likely to occur. I am also at 2000 points for my slaves to darkness and have promised to only revisit it only once my Ogors are done (which is actually taking less time than I expected). But otherwise you are right I have more ideas than motivation 😅

"More ideas than motivation" just sums me up so well!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

/unjerk

Rats are actually awesome. Communal creatures (rat moms might raise their offspring together) that are quite intelligent. Some rats are even taught to smell gunpowder residue as they are cheaper to train than dogs! So, we might have "rat detectives" solving a murder as we speak. As a plus, apparently on Isle of Man a social taboo prevents the word "rat" from being uttered, and the rodents can instead go by a multitude of other names...like "queerfella". Rats are awesome.

/rejerk

Whiskers are closest to a beard, and Duardin have beards...yup, you guessed it, Chorfs confirmed.

Dwarves are known for their technology. Skaven are known for their technology, so making chaos dwarves into rat dwarves would make them both happy, right?

• LOVE IT! 1

29 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Dwarves are known for their technology. Skaven are known for their technology, so making chaos dwarves into rat dwarves would make them both happy, right?

Actually this is making me think that having Chaos Dwarves and Skaven having coalition rules would be a really cool way to make Skaven feel more integrated into Chaos as a Grand Alliance. I also imagine that it would be a mutually beneficial relationship with both parties thinking that they were the masterminds behind a one way alliance. 

The more I read people's takes on Chaos Dwarves the more I hope they come to fruition but I still think that they will likely fall into the Slaves to Darkness soup. Especially as it looks like Cultists and Dark Mechanicus will be 40k Soup with Chaos Space Marines. In a way I feel like Games Workshop knows Chaos is extremely popular in both settings and will sell extremely well, but they are unwilling to go full Space Marine and give us a new faction or model every other week. 

54 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

You've heard about catgirls. You've heard of walking rats doing swirls. Now, meet the rat boys. Compact, 5'9" chads.

20 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Actually this is making me think that having Chaos Dwarves and Skaven having coalition rules would be a really cool way to make Skaven feel more integrated into Chaos as a Grand Alliance. I also imagine that it would be a mutually beneficial relationship with both parties thinking that they were the masterminds behind a one way alliance. 

The more I read people's takes on Chaos Dwarves the more I hope they come to fruition but I still think that they will likely fall into the Slaves to Darkness soup. Especially as it looks like Cultists and Dark Mechanicus will be 40k Soup with Chaos Space Marines. In a way I feel like Games Workshop knows Chaos is extremely popular in both settings and will sell extremely well, but they are unwilling to go full Space Marine and give us a new faction or model every other week. 

This is the harsh truth which fills me with despair. Maybe I should rebrand myself as a Skaven stan before it's too late and sunk cost fallacy strikes. I believe in Skaven getting remade before any Duardin - be it Chaos, Dispossessed or Fyreslayer, get some new toys haha

Imagine if GW loved Chaos as much as they love Primaris Lieutenants. New BoC, buffed Slaangors, Chorfs...

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

You've heard about catgirls. You've heard of walking rats doing swirls. Now, meet the rat boys. Compact, 5'9" chads.

This is the harsh truth which fills me with despair. Maybe I should rebrand myself as a Skaven stan before it's too late and sunk cost fallacy strikes. I believe in Skaven getting remade before any Duardin - be it Chaos, Dispossessed or Fyreslayer, get some new toys haha

Imagine if GW loved Chaos as much as they love Primaris Lieutenants. New BoC, buffed Slaangors, Chorfs...

I think Fyreslayer are 100% are getting a new hero soon, just by both the rumors and the one engine that basically a Fyreslayer axe. It unknown if they are getting anything else afterward though

19 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

You've heard about catgirls.

I really think a feline destruction army would be really cool... A mix between the Khajiit and Thundercats! 😼

19 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

We will be getting Fyreslayers in the IDK dual release tentatively titled Wet and Hot Warriors. Kharadron are also a big part of a lot of Games Workshop marketing (particularly around the holidays) and seem to be a generally popular army. I still do think that Dwarf Soup is a potential outcome. This is entirely based around the narrative implications from Broken Realms but it could also hint at simply a new God Character that can be taken in multiple armies. 

As for Chaos, it is the best supported Grand Alliance outside of Order and is ironically significantly more cohesive than Order. I think the issue is more the problem with GW unwillingness to experiment with Chaos which is exactly what it needs. I have mentioned before if they want to test Chaos Dwarves as a part of Slaves to Darkness and then expand them into a solo faction I think that would be the lowest risk option for Games Workshop. This way they can test sales and with a prebuilt audience. I would absolutely grab some infantry, a helcannon and a hero for my army.

My biggest worry is Kurnothi and Silent People. I feel like they were being built up very well and now Kurnothi get an excerpt that makes them sound further away then ever and complete radio silence for Silent People. At least with Chaos Dwarves the Hobgrots have given me hope. 

• Like 2

On 12/22/2021 at 11:05 AM, Noserenda said:

Teeny tiny rumour, a friend on the inside implied something Skaven was coming soon but wouldnt be drawn on what system the git :D Ofc with all the delays that might still be 2025 :P

Well the rumor that seems like it could be panning out so far on the Underworlds teams suggested an Eshin team (which would make sense for a lot of reasons).

• Like 1