The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Yes, we know this from when they announced the update and gave us a heads-up that Stormdrake Guard points are changing. Those points changes are nowhere in the FAQs yet, so they must still be coming.

The dragons point change has already happened. They updated the app when they announced the change. 

1 hour ago, Sharkbelly said:

That MUST be a witch hunter, right? Stakes and a hammer? With the other Witch Hunters out already (the Ven Densts), will we see a whole expansion for Cities of Sigmar featuring Witch Hunters and Flagellants?

That could very well be an Ogor Witch Hunter!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

For my lists I will say:

S2D: Oof right in the Chaos Sorcerer Lord! Also the Warshrine is a big increase for my army. But my chariot went down 5 points! Overall a win as I think the increases are warranted but lots of work on my list to bring it into line.

Ogor Mawtribes: Gnoblars at 100 points now the mortal realms will tremble!

SCE: Most of the listed named characters going down makes sense, but Gardus going down that is a huge surprise. Doesn't really impact my lists, although I have Gaveriel and Vandus but I tend to run them as generic units.  

Honestly other than my Slaves to Darkness getting some warranted increases I am pretty happy with the changes. The change in coalition rules takes the winds out of my plan of getting a demon army and then using Slaves to Darkness to fill out the points to run a small god specific faction for those armies. I still might do this though, as it provides me more ways to play but yeah this would lead to some very terribly inefficient armies. I really like the Amulet change it is still a great generic item but not an auto take and Unleash hell is much better this way as now the ranged units will need to deploy more strategically. I have no clues how Nagash, Kragnos and Archaon changed as we don't usually play with these units... but all my friends have been eying them lately. 

9 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Stormcast right now

How to Dodge Bullets — Four-Hour Work Week Style

Yeah those Fulminators and longstrikes are kinda surreal but it just shows bad design to have such a high dmg output on a  unit imo. Especially without the amulet they will melt big boys too. (not like they werent able to do 20+ wounds per turn anyway) 

At the same time stormcast relics and traits are so bad rn. You don't even feel bad for including Krondys/Karazai as your general so you can battleline dragons.

Twin deagons no change.

Gotrek 50 points nerf

Irondrakes 20 points nerfs

Meanwhile morathi no chance,kairos no change,teclis no change,gargants no change..........

Good work gw.........

In what world irondrakes got a huge nerf when citys is middle tier but longstrikes dont get any change? Or thevother tierd god armys as morathi or gargants? Is the worst balance never done by gw

Edited by Doko
  • Confused 3

Tzeentch Archaon is dead, huzzah! Kragnos has a sick new warscroll (he actually looks competitive now, possibly?) huzzah! 

This definitely isn't a GHB-rescaling like many of us were hoping/expecting, but it'll do. It certainly kicks the big monster heroes in the teeth a bit (the Heroic Recovery and Amulet changes are much needed in that regard.) 

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 3

They've also made it clear what to expect from these Battleslates; a handful of points changes to each army, and a few key FAQs/Erratas here and there. This one does shake things up a bit, but not to the degree a GHB would - that's when you can expect points changes to most or all of a faction's units. While it's a shame this means we won't get more changes anytime soon, at least we now know where to set our expectations. 

38 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The model of the year survey is up:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/12/21/vote-now-for-miniature-of-the-year-2021-choose-your-winner/

And now we all have a choice to make: Do we vote for Sigvald like he deserves, or do we vote for the meme crab instead? 🦀🦀🦀

The crab's meme-power is overwhelming, but for me it was a toss up between Kroak and the Dragons. I went with the great Slann relic priest, because I've not built a dragon yet, and felt my vote should go for a mini I am in the process of painting, rather than one I just like the look of in pictures.

I wonder whether AoS has more of a chance this year, I may just have missed it, but I didn't spot a huge 40K character model in the list, which is what usually wins.

• Like 5