The Rumour Thread

I recall the days when we waited 6 months* between codex/battle tome releases and you were lucky IF you got to the end of an edition and got a new book ;) 
Physical books won't go away, they earn GW money and they are also more engaging than digital assets, esp for staff selling models and product and the game to customers in stores. I suspect that we will see slowdowns and issues for at least the next year and that assumes that global shipping doesn't get any worse. 

*or at least it felt that long!

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, CDM said:

Anyone else disappointed with age of the beast so  far? I was hoping for a endless spells type box with some generic beasties and some releases for each faction of big stompy monsters!

Yeah, the rumours of 'wandering monsters' type rules seem to have come to nothing. And the feeling I get is we're already headed to the realm of shadows. At least we got dragons as well as an oversized centaur and some hobgoblins. 

But yeah, endless spell style beasts would have rocked!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

Yeah, the rumours of 'wandering monsters' type rules seem to have come to nothing. And the feeling I get is we're already headed to the realm of shadows. At least we got dragons as well as an oversized centaur and some hobgoblins. 

But yeah, endless spell style beasts would have rocked!

I've found the age of the beast awesome so far. The new rules for monsters make them fun to use and as monstrous as they should be. 

Virtually every army I've seen play has at least one monster in it and they look so impressive on the tabletop. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CDM said:

Anyone else disappointed with age of the beast so  far? I was hoping for a endless spells type box with some generic beasties and some releases for each faction of big stompy monsters!

This slow battletome release cycle kills the excitement for me. Get rid of them! Online rules and fluffy faction tomes linked to the current Age now please.  Model releases are key and this is just so uninteresting atm withall those 40k releases as well. 

I think all the delays are partly at fault for this. Going to the new edition basically nothing has happened for almost half a year, except "hey there are also nastier Orruks in the swamps" and that is about it since Broken Realms Kragnos.

Tome releases are for sure too slow compared to the current market demand, hopefully more regular balance passes could help with this just a little bit and make room for a campaign book now and then. It seems all the narrative of 2nd edition just took place within a few months at the end, with the whole "soul wars" premise quickly being swept under the rug. If we go by the same template, nothing will happen for a year yet, then 1 campaign book next year forwarding the story a littlle bit, and then a year or two later Kragnos will loose in a duel to the hot business aelf at the time and things will go back to status quo.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Higolx said:

Pretty sure thats a jetbike exhaust.

99120104038_ELDARWINDRIDERS01.jpg

Screenshot_20211202-100646_Chrome~2.jpg

Looks like it to me too. The current bikes are fine but the Autarch and Shining Spears are in dire need of updating. Hopefully it’s not the Vyper, that kit is old but is still one of the best looking vehicles in 40k

1 hour ago, Higolx said:

Pretty sure thats a jetbike exhaust.

99120104038_ELDARWINDRIDERS01.jpg

Screenshot_20211202-100646_Chrome~2.jpg

My guess is that it's the Vampire for Aeronautica.  The highlights on the exhaust are too chunky for it to be a 28mm model (unless it's on something like a jet pack) and we're missing a transport from the AI line of Eldar planes.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

My guess is that it's the Vampire for Aeronautica.  The highlights on the exhaust are too chunky for it to be a 28mm model (unless it's on something like a jet pack) and we're missing a transport from the AI line of Eldar planes.

Bro come on

I have been waiting for like 20 years for a eldar refresh, dont kill this little spark of hope

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

not surprised to see a bad paintjob for elves/40k though. Many 40k paintjobs are worse than AoS paintjobs especially lately. Also the yesterdays rumour engine had a giant highlight on top of the top knot band. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Yondaime said:

Bro come on

I have been waiting for like 20 years for a eldar refresh, dont kill this little spark of hope

the guy who spoiled BTs and other stuff correctly said eldar are getting a big but incomplete range update so you are getting one no matter what.  

20 hours ago, Shankelton said:

Honestly I hope this is the big reveal leadup to an eldar 40k release.

Well I'm always hungry for more AoS news, those guys have been sold way down the river for too long. Here's hoping it's everything they want!

Eldar 200% deserve a full range refresh, but I gotta say if after all the YEAR OF THE BEAST 3.0 HYPE that we aren't a part of the Advent Calendar (or get under a week's worth) then like... why did they release 3.0 this summer? It's just a really weird spot IMO. 

And if "Year of the Beast" is the theme for the entire time 3.0 is current then they should've called it "Era of the Beast" or something.

edit: it is actually Era of the Beast! Another case of words getting lost in translation over the months

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 7
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Overread said:

Physical books won't go away, they earn GW money and they are also more engaging than digital assets, esp for staff selling models and product and the game to customers in stores.

I've had 2 separate store owners tell me they are not allowed to open any of the battletomes/codexes because of the digital code inside. So we're past the age where you'd crack open a book in-store to show a new hobbyist... 

edit to actually finish this thought: maybe it's just me but I would not ever buy a book I couldn't open before purchasing it, especially having no idea what to expect inside.

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, lolo73 said:

Any news on the Nurgle battletome? He was planned to be released before Christmas, right?

As we are already on December 2 ...

Its more like "its still december 2". Its not like christmas is tomorrow. We havent even had the first weekend of december yet

23 minutes ago, lolo73 said:

Any news on the Nurgle battletome? He was planned to be released before Christmas, right?

As we are already on December 2 ...

They're doing the daily Neverchosen comic focused around Nurgle, so I'm expecting preorders next week.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Eldar 200% deserve a full range refresh, but I gotta say if after all the YEAR OF THE BEAST 3.0 HYPE that we aren't a part of the Advent Calendar (or get under a week's worth) then like... why did they release 3.0 this summer? It's just a really weird spot IMO. 

And if "Year of the Beast" is the theme for the entire time 3.0 is current then they should've called it "Era of the Beast" or something.

they released the 9th eddition for 40k in summer 2020 and 2021 was the year of AoS too. 

Necrons are supposed to be these big baddies of the new eddition and they havent gotten anything new revealed for more than a year now. It's just GW doing GW things. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

It is called Era of the Beast 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Iamanbo said:

I need rumors Ogres, even if it's a lie hahaha

Ogre and chaos dwarf boxed set.

ogres with a separate chaos ogres sprue with god specific enhancements like a six pack for khorngers and perfume bottles and pincers for slaangers and a great big even bigger-rer belly for Plaguegers.

Plastic rhinox cavalry in the box with new thunderlord hero.

Oh and maggotkin are getting a massive plastic toad dragon - era of the beast innit.

You're welcome, you have a nice day now. :D

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • LOVE IT! 1

27 minutes ago, novakai said:

A relevant rumor as of right now is that there will be an Avatar of Khaine and it is  a huge model. 

unsure if it get added to DoK right away though

Keep in mind the DoK Khaine and the eldar Kaela Mensha Khaine are two totally different entities with some thematic overlap (unlike chaos which is the exact same in both games). There has never been an official crossover model for them and it's unlikely that a new avatar released for eldar in 40k will ever make it to AoS.  

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, novakai said:

A relevant rumor as of right now is that there will be an Avatar of Khaine and it is  a huge model. 

unsure if it get added to DoK right away though

there are so many eldar rumours. My tinfoil hat theory is that GW has at least 3D designed/sculpted and prototyped the whole range overhaul but we will get one part now and the rest of it later kinda like the LRL release schedule.