The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

Perhaps some Nurgle players even fear they will end up worse after the book and got no cool new units to look forward to either. 

I am one of them.

Everyone knows already that some items, speels and battalions will be removed.

Just by previous experiences, it will be those, that gives Maggotkin at least a little bit of reason to play them.

They will try to reinvent the wheel by absolutely ignoring what actually makes the Maggotkin or why people are appealed to them.

Something around removing 5+ ward and replace it with +1movement which goes completely against the lore

Everybody's darling, the Witherstave will be gone almost guaranteed because i like it so much

Sorry for sounding really negative but this is my past experience with GW

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Saving my hype for Skaven, well and Sisters of Silence but that aint happening unless i do it myself :D

Regards 40k xenos releases, i am constantly amazed at how neglected they are every time GW does a huge revamp for one of them ;) Something they have been doing annually the last couple of years  and Rumours say huge Eldar waves next year too.

They cant do everything at once, but its disingenuous to say they arent doing anything, or even focusing purely on marines.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

My hype is holding onto the hope that Era of the Beast updates or refreshes a lot of the more bestial lines;

Beasts of Chaos.

Seraphon.

Skaven.

Flesh Eater Courts.

Ogor Mawtribes.

I believe there is only 6 months left of the era of the beast the next GHB will move us probably to shadow.. my 2 cents

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, The Red King said:

Sometimes I legitimately wonder if GW has seen the 3rd party xenos releases and decided it's not worth trying to catch up so please just play space marines.

I hope the rumored eldar range refresh hits early next year and makes this comment age like milk.

most likely Tau codex then CSM before that big eldar update in april-may-june

2 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

I will say for the new book I hope there is a less of a divide between demons and mortals, I think that has been an issue for all the chaos god books, as the tomes should rather unify them under the banner of their god, instead of splitting limited model ranges into even more limited sub factions.

Perhaps some Nurgle players even fear they will end up worse after the book and got no cool new units to look forward to either. 

I mean if Slaaneesh got such a huge split and absolutely nothing for Syl'eske (which should be the subfaction that merges together demons and mortal) then I guess you have to hope they have fired the guy responsible for that before he managed to write any other battletome. 

Your comment made me really salty again about Hedonites and even afters months I fully believe the guy who came up with that piece of ****** should lose his job IF he was given more than 1 week to make it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

I am one of them.

Just by previous experiences, it will be those, that gives Maggotkin at least a little bit of reason to play them.

They will try to reinvent the wheel by absolutely ignoring what actually makes the Maggotkin or why people are appealed to them.

Something around removing 5+ ward and replace it with +1movement which goes completely against the lore

Everybody's darling, the Witherstave will be gone almost guaranteed because i like it so much

Actually based on the way they handled stormcast the witherstave sticking around is just about the only thing I'm reasonably confident in. After that though... Hard to say. As always I expect the good things to get nerfed and the bad things to get buffed. I could definitely see them reworking the cycle of corruption (which would be a huge shame, like you said a total loss of flavor for the army). The biggest concern I have is the apparent removal of command abilities in 3.0. Quite a few of our models live and die by their command abilities so without then they're going to need a total rework or fall into obscurity. GW has rarely shown that kind of initiative, especially with these mini releases. 

1 hour ago, Kurrilino said:

I am one of them.

Sorry for sounding really negative but this is my past experience with GW

While I can understand frustration of losing one's favourite tools, you're already approaching this from wrong angle. You are already looking for what they have nerfed, what they have removed, what they will ****** up, but by doing that, you will see nothing but nerfs and "bad changes". Whenever a new battletome arrives for one of my factions, I never think "Oh I hope they don't nerf this guy 'cos he's my favourite" I'm more "Ooh I can't wait to see what changes they've made! It will be fun to replan and redesign my forces."
I want harbinger to be no longer 5+ ward vending machine that I put in my every list (this bonus should be either given to some mortal units straight away or units should have more wounds, more attack power etc.), I want all the bs nurgle abilities that heal enemy nurgle units or don't do damage to enemy nurgle units to be thrown away, I want pusgoyles to be more killy even if it means they have to sacrifice their survivability (same for blight kings). In other words, I want change (as anti-nurgle as that is), something new and exciting.

With that said, if it is a bad battletome (removing stuff without giving anything in return) I will be here complaining with you, but complaining about changes at this point, when you have no idea what those changes will even be, is just foolish. The book might be 10 times better than the current book but you won't see it, because you're already focused at wrong things.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, angrycontra said:

While I can understand frustration of losing one's favourite tools, you're already approaching this from wrong angle. You are already looking for what they have nerfed, what they have removed, what they will ****** up, but by doing that, you will see nothing but nerfs and "bad changes". Whenever a new battletome arrives for one of my factions, I never think "Oh I hope they don't nerf this guy 'cos he's my favourite" I'm more "Ooh I can't wait to see what changes they've made! It will be fun to replan and redesign my forces."
I want harbinger to be no longer 5+ ward vending machine that I put in my every list (this bonus should be either given to some mortal units straight away or units should have more wounds, more attack power etc.), I want all the bs nurgle abilities that heal enemy nurgle units or don't do damage to enemy nurgle units to be thrown away, I want pusgoyles to be more killy even if it means they have to sacrifice their survivability (same for blight kings). In other words, I want change (as anti-nurgle as that is), something new and exciting.

With that said, if it is a bad battletome (removing stuff without giving anything in return) I will be here complaining with you, but complaining about changes at this point, when you have no idea what those changes will even be, is just foolish. The book might be 10 times better than the current book but you won't see it, because you're already focused at wrong things.

I don't play Nurgle, but I don't think it's excessively negative to look at the last two released battletomes as a sign of what is to come.

Many many units and heroes in those books lost special abilities and of course all of the command abilities, and most of those didn't get anything new to compensate for that or make them more interesting in any way. Maybe a -5 point adjustment for losing their only purpose of being played, maybe a pity replacement like "Use a specific generic command ability on a specific target for free once per game"

Wait for the rules, sure, but I don't think it's realistic to pretend there's no cause for concern.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Feii said:

I mean if Slaaneesh got such a huge split and absolutely nothing for Syl'eske (which should be the subfaction that merges together demons and mortal) then I guess you have to hope they have fired the guy responsible for that before he managed to write any other battletome. 

Your comment made me really salty again about Hedonites and even afters months I fully believe the guy who came up with that piece of ****** should lose his job IF he was given more than 1 week to make it. 

Slaanesh mortals and daemons are probably the most joined of the Chaos gods - unlike the others, they're not split based on mortals and daemons. If anything, the other Chaos tomes would become more like Slaanesh if the aim was to have more combined forces.

Slaanesh buffing spells/abilities (e.g. Acquiescence, Excess of Violence, Twisted Mirror) almost always affect daemons and mortals the same. Their artifact lists are the same, their allegiance abilities are almost always the same (besides locus). In what way aren't mortals and daemons joined? 

Also, no matter how much you don't like a book, don't call for someone to be fired over it. There are so many reasons the book could have turned out like it did, including trying to fix the issues of the previous book (which came from a lot of community pressure). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

The owner of my FLGS just got an email from his GW provider saying that there's going to be AoS and 40k battleforces, but they don't know which factions and that he should order NOW because they are not going to make many... does anyone has a clue about this or at least the factions?

2 hours ago, Ajmaus said:

I believe there is only 6 months left of the era of the beast the next GHB will move us probably to shadow.. my 2 cents

I would assume that the era of beast will last 3 years at least similar to how long soul wars lasted. Not to mention in 6 month majority of armies will not have a new tome out to play in the era of the beast.

supposely it can’t end until Kragnos and Kroak fight one more time

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

My hype is holding onto the hope that Era of the Beast updates or refreshes a lot of the more bestial lines;

Beasts of Chaos.

Seraphon.

Skaven.

Flesh Eater Courts.

Ogor Mawtribes.

I think that is why I love the distinct factions within AoS. If you want an anthropomorphic army we got it in various flavours. You also forgot my personal favourites being the Snake Ladies and their Amazing Queen Goddess! Even the Chaos gods are slowly getting their own bestial followers once again. I also feel like we are at the threshold of some other fantastic anthropomorphic armies and subfactions, like Silent People and Kurnothi. 

I feel of those listed, that Beasts are in for a treat with the eventual return of Morghur and that Skaven will help bridge the narrative between Ghur and Ulgu.
Destruction are the stars of the edition but like Hysh last edition Ulgu will clearly be a major narrative focus that I think will tie into the main story towards the end. I feel like with the Soul Wars ending with Teclis throwing down with Nagash that this edition will end alternatively with Malerion's machinations tying into Kragnos et al. finally smashing Azyr. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • LOVE IT! 1

20 minutes ago, novakai said:

I would assume that the era of beast will last 3 years at least similar to how long soul wars lasted. Not to mention in 6 month majority of armies will not have a new tome out to play in the era of the beast.

supposely it can’t end until Kragnos and Kroak fight one more time

I think it'll be like Soul Wars, where most of the actual Nagash/Shyish focus came in the lead-up and launch of 2nd Edition and the first year or so (Forbidden Power, definitely) after that, and then the rest of the edition it kind of drifted out of focus outside of the new battletomes having an obligatory "post-necroquake changes" lore section and what have-you, as overall we started to explore less-known settings like 8-points, Hysh, and Ghur  in the lead-up to the launch of Warcry, LRL, Beastgrave/Direchasm, SoB, , etc and finally Broken Realms and Dominion.

It's still kind of a three year cycle, it just a cycle that doesn't strictly exist inside the bounds of edition changes.

Edited by madmac

1 hour ago, Talas said:

The owner of my FLGS just got an email from his GW provider saying that there's going to be AoS and 40k battleforces, but they don't know which factions and that he should order NOW because they are not going to make many... does anyone has a clue about this or at least the factions?

I just reached out to my Rep at GW. He has no idea about Battleforces boxes, but if they’re coming he expects them to be announced this weekend. He was also confused how your LGS can order something they don’t have part codes for at all. Until something is actually announced and in the system it’s not really something we can order. GW asking us to order something NOW without telling us what it isn’t really how it works. Also they’re taking final numbers for the Black Templar release today and tomorrow and don’t have any time to add anything else. So my Rep is highly confused about what your stores been told. He asked me to see what the stores name is so he can reach out to that stores Rep and ask what’s going on as they aren’t in the office currently (work from home) so he wants to follow up. So if you could PM your local stores name that would be awesome. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, madmac said:

I think it'll be like Soul Wars, where most of the actual Nagash/Shyish focus came in the lead-up and launch of 2nd Edition and the first year or so (Forbidden Power, definitely) after that, and then the rest of the edition it kind of drifted out of focus outside of the new battletomes having an obligatory "post-necroquake changes" lore section and what have-you, as overall we started to explore less-known settings like 8-points, Hysh, and Ghur  in the lead-up to the launch of Warcry, LRL, Beastgrave/Direchasm, SoB, , etc and finally Broken Realms and Dominion.

It's still kind of a three year cycle, it just a cycle that doesn't strictly exist inside the bounds of edition changes.

Sure I was just saying I doubt the next GHB would move on to another realm with different battle plans that soon especially when most army have not been updated to play on thoosr new plans. Nor did I think the narrative was going to shift that soon considering that they haven’t release a narrative campaign similar to forbidden power yet.

5 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

My hype was smashed into the dirt by the price tag XD
apart from that: Nice box.

I love everything in the box and it would all find use in my army and on my battlefield. I am very tempted but simultaneously there are things that I want as much or more. I have been eyeing Varanguard since starting AOS and the possibility of expanded AoS models are more appealing. Heck I would prefer getting the broken realms box and adding additional chariots and using the gorebeasts for Chaos spawn. I am interviewing for a new job if it works out maybe I could justify it as a celebratory gift... but Be'Lakor or Smiley the Stormcast Dragon would be cooler purchases... 🐲🙂 = ❤️

With the rumoured lack of Battleforces, I might get Red Harvest as my big annual Warhammer purchase but only if the reviews indicate that the new Red Harvest rules are fun and can make up for the Warcry supplements I skipped. But overall I think I will bow out on this one in hopes that it will stick around and maybe with GW being more open to discounts it may be a future purchase... but that seems unlikely considering that these current discounts seem extremely measured and relating to storage space 😢

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

Works out close to 600 points too, roughly a 35% saving on webstore prices, identical to the percentage savings in the Rotbringer Start Collecting, and less value than the Daemon Start Collecting at 42 %. 

Daemon Start Collecting = 520 points

Mortal Start Collecting = 485 points

New Vanguard Box = 585 points

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MarkK said:

Works out close to 600 points too, roughly a 35% saving on webstore prices, identical to the percentage savings in the Rotbringer Start Collecting, and less value than the Daemon Start Collecting at 42 %. 

Daemon Start Collecting = 520 points

Mortal Start Collecting = 485 points

New Vanguard Box = 585 points

Being the next battletome it is safe to assume that the points will reflect the points present in that book. Still thank you for the break down.

• Like 1

The Maggotkin bundle on the GW store is really tempting but I share peoples apprehension over what they're doing with the next book. I'd really hate to jump in and find the new tome is really bland, unenjoyable and weak.

EDIT: Never mind! It's disappeared solving my issues for me.

Edited by Bosskelot