The Rumour Thread

Ah, it's that time of the year again. The days before the "biggest preview about Warhammer ever" where all wild rumors circulate, until the day of preview comes with its unavoidable disappointment when GW reveals a mouse instead of the big mountain we made ourselves.

Let's enjoy it to the fullest !

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • LOVE IT! 1

59 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

I mean they are though, arent they. The one exception being Chaos worshippers who with the exception of beastmen at some point made that choice. Every Orkoid is destruction, every Ogre and every elf/dwarf/human is order, even when the factions might make more sense elsewhere. I mean its a really big leap to say all the Order factions are good when you have all the former dark elves still up to their murdering ways, or the fairly amoral fyreslayers, or the soul stealing Idoneth...

That probably chaotic good or neutral, but it their battletome that generally separate species not the Grand alliance, it that more of how they design armies and limiting crossovers between armies anyway for balance perpective

1 minute ago, Sarouan said:

Ah, it's that time of the year again. The days before the "biggest preview about Warhammer ever" where all wild rumors circulate, until the day of preview comes with its unavoidable disappointment when GW reveals a mouse instead of the big mountain we made ourselves.

Road to disappointment here we come

17 minutes ago, novakai said:

Road to disappointment here we come

I decided to disappoint myself, this time : so that's why I'm believing the preview for warcry will be a trailer announcing another trailer for the next edition of Warcry. With a nursery rhyme on crabs.

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

same. Left me utterly cold. The Sloughterborn looks like any 0815 barbarian. *yawn*

100% agree. (not a leak, just a joke)

PotatoCamAttack.jpg.b653ef32d1fedc4729692cab19186e53.jpg

Note: I don't have any problem with this barbarian btw. It's not my cup of tea, but he seems a nice dude.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Wonder why people are surprised that Darkoath people are "generic chaos barbarians".

That's pretty much what they always were. Even when Chaos Marauders first appeared with their punk design.

Warhammer-FB-AoS-467-Archers-maraudeurs-

Since GW is clearly going back at the bases with Warhammer "not the Old World" Age of Sigmar recently, it was to be expected.

Edited by Sarouan
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

As long as that mouse is a metaphor for rat, I wouldn’t mind

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

As long as that mouse is a metaphor for rat, I wouldn’t mind

Who knows, maybe there's a spider /barbarian rat in the warcry new warbands !

"I'm serving the Everchosen, yes yes !"
Creature Codex — Skaven

Edited by Sarouan

I'm not amazed by the slaughterborn, but I think he looks alright, and I'm actually rather curious about this warband. I'm not a fan of the Godsworn Hunt or the Untamed Beasts, and the chaos marauders don't look good in my opinion, so these could be the first classic marauder-style minis that I like. I don't find the matchup super exciting, but depending on the rest of the minis it has the potential to be my favorite starter roster. I'm a bigger fan of warbands made up from existing AOS models though.

7 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

Wonder why people are surprised that Darkoath people are "generic chaos barbarians".

That's pretty much what they always were. Even when Chaos Marauders first appeared with their punk design.

Warhammer-FB-AoS-467-Archers-maraudeurs-

Since GW is clearly going back at the bases with Warhammer "not the Old World" Age of Sigmar recently, it was to be expected.

If the end up straight up replacing the Marauder kit with these guys I'm all for it, but if it's just the third not-Marauders Marauder kit I think doing the barbarian aesthic for the third time seems like a questionable decision.

• Like 2

*shrugs*

If the new warband of Chaos marauders is a box of 10 with stendard and musician options, I'm fine with the generic design.

With some luck, new warbands follow the KIll Team scheme : boxes with options for the skirmish game, but also able to build a band with "normal weapons" for their "big brother" game.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

Who knows, maybe there's a spider /barbarian rat in the warcry new warbands !

"I'm serving the Everchosen, yes yes !"
Creature Codex — Skaven

If I’m not mistaken Then that was the first thing thanqoul promised The Everchosen, before failing to backstab that same person 

Edited by Skreech Verminking

32 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

*shrugs*

If the new warband of Chaos marauders is a box of 10 with stendard and musician options, I'm fine with the generic design.

With some luck, new warbands follow the KIll Team scheme : boxes with options for the skirmish game, but also able to build a band with "normal weapons" for their "big brother" game.

I think the Slaughterborn is the new champion of the marauder unit. So a Slaves to Darkness mini release. Using warcry to fill in the holes left by old kits would be a very smart move and at this point I hope they do it.

I think GW is trying to satisfy a bit of all tastes: both the classic and the new and arguing that the old updated concepts are boring is quite funny. Instead, I can share the fact that the cultists in age of sigmar are quite boring to play, but that is a rules issue.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deepkin said:

I quite like the slaughterborn, but I love me some classic sword and sorcery/chaos looks.

3 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I don't get the hate for the Slaughterborn....while i agree warcry is nice for his differences of the chaos ways a good old "Conan" styled barbarian warband is nice.
Everyone was hyped for Darkoath also..i don't get the disappointment.

I am happy with the look as it will fit well with my army visually and it is a great sculpt. I do get the disappointment as I alluded to in an earlier post, namely that Warcry is AOS pushed to an even more extreme aesthetic. In other words they will look alright in a game of warcry but fit better into most S2D armies.

Part of me wishes that the Warcry warbands shared a 'cultist warscroll' in AOS and you could then determine the type of cultist and gain an additional special rule. So then older Marauder's could then function as a generic version of 'the Cultist unit'. However, due to the strange unit size and varied base sizes this would never make practical sense.