The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Are you guys really entertaining a random user who only registered an account 2 hours ago to post one message? You must be really desperate for news and rumours.

Come on, man. I don't want to have to write "This source is dubious but I am going to comment on the rumour as if it was factual anyway because I am fully capable of treating information in a hypothetical mode even without assuming it's fully credible" every time a new rumour comes along.

This is the rumour thread, after all, not the 100% confirmed reliable information thread.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

I don't think there's anything that's particularly implausible about that WHU lineup. Some of those warbands are basically just filling out the gaps in the for WHU range so far. Zombies are perfectly likely for the reasons @Neil Arthur Hotep suggests and skaven, as an army with four distinct subfactions, are crying out for a new warband to add onto their S1 version.

Some of them are tied to the Ulgu underwater setting, maybe even too much? You have some obviously bestial gangs come in in Beastgrave but I don't think any of them were quite as particular to the setting as pirates or Ulgurite elves.

I dunno, I think if someone did compile a 'best guess' list it would probably look like largely like this (besides chaos dwarfs because the daemon-powered hype train knows no breaks). But then if they did compile a list like that, it would be because these guesses are genuinely plausible and five seasons into WHU there's some obvious gaps to fill.

Could go either way really.

Edited by sandlemad

15 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

You are not wrong, but counterpoint:

99810213014_ManeaterPirateNEW01.jpg

I'm always down for pirate ogres, and non-BCR Mawtribes are one of the subfactions to be filled. It still feels like it deviates from the ogre baseline a bit but I guess not more than some other warband members we've seen.

The Maneaters in Total War Warhammer do seem to be rocking a more consistent pirate-y aesthetic too. Comes at the price of the wild variety, sadly, but it's a good look. Maybe that's even the way GW is taking Maneaters in general.

total-warhammer-2-ogre-maneaters.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

No we are entertaining someone who said the secret phrase "pirate themed Warband"

Just now, sandlemad said:

I'm always down for pirate ogres, and non-BCR Mawtribes are one of the subfactions to be filled. It still feels like it deviates from the ogre baseline a bit but I guess not more than some other warband members we've seen.

The Maneaters in Total War Warhammer do seem to be rocking a more consistent pirate-y aesthetic too. Comes at the price of the wild variety, sadly, but it's a good look. Maybe that's even the way GW is taking Maneaters in general.

total-warhammer-2-ogre-maneaters.jpg

Honestly the only way this @Norray could've gotten us even more hyped is. if he said "Vampire Pirates with Ogre Zombie war band." Unknown.jpeg.b6c9f392b76a116afd1dab7cbb1b004a.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

Are you guys really entertaining a random user who only registered an account 2 hours ago to post one message? You must be really desperate for news and rumours.

It's a fairly plausible list, and if we don't discuss unverified rumours, there isn't much point to this thread. 

Aside from SoB, cities are the only faction that doesn't have a warband. We've had skeletons, ghouls and Vampires. A zombie warband is a logical next step. With the new season set in Ulgu, I'd be very surprised if Shadow Aelves don't make an appearance. The only outlier on that list is the pirates. 

2 hours ago, Norray said:

last one is from faction that already have 2 warbands in Underworlds so I thought it will not be interesting to share 

That'd be:

Gloompsite gitz, Ironjawz, Blades of Khorne (there were rumours of something for them, right?), Slaves to Darkness and Sylvaneth (if counting Kurnothi)

I personally hope for some new type of sylvaneth or spiders for Gitz

5 hours ago, Norray said:

I will keep that for me, I am long time member here so I wanted give something back to community :)

4 hours ago, Norray said:

@KingBrodd Will certainly like pirate one

MATE THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I've been off the hype train for AOS recently but this has brought me back on full steam!! If you are even suggesting for a second that there is going to be an Ogor Maneater Pirate Warband... I dont even know. That's just ****** perfection!! 

4 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Holy Gorkamorka, Maneater warband?!

THE HIIIIIIILLS ARE ALIIIIIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUSIIIIIIC!!

34 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Well the Templars make me a happy and satisfied man, wonder what's gonna be next for Monday reveals now. 

Warcry/Underworlds roadmap really would be amazing. 

Super happy for you mate.

• LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

MATE THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I've been off the hype train for AOS recently but this has brought me back on full steam!! If you are even suggesting for a second that there is going to be an Ogor Maneater Pirate Warband... I dont even know. That's just ****** perfection!! 

THE HIIIIIIILLS ARE ALIIIIIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUSIIIIIIC!!

This is exactly why I shared this here, I know some of you are waiting for models for your favorite factions so there is no better place to share it. I didnt want spoil everything just give glimpse of what is coming and spark this thread a bit. In few months we will all see those and be hyped again. Now I am logging off on my main ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Norray said:

This is exactly why I shared this here, I know some of you are waiting for models for your favorite factions so there is no better place to share it. I didnt want spoil everything just give glimpse of what is coming and spark this thread a bit. In few months we will all see those and be hyped again. Now I am logging off on my main ;)

You are a God amongst Mortals mate. Sigmar bless you. 

1 hour ago, GenericEdgyName said:

That'd be:

Gloompsite gitz, Ironjawz, Blades of Khorne (there were rumours of something for them, right?), Slaves to Darkness and Sylvaneth (if counting Kurnothi)

I personally hope for some new type of sylvaneth or spiders for Gitz

My dream for another Gitz warband would be a Scuttleboss. Just a single plastic Scuttleboss on Giant Spider, with a few small spider minions. Make him one of those "one big guy" warbands like Hrothgar or Mollog. He's on some venom-induced vision quest for his shaman.

That way they can use him as a WHU warband and an update to the atrocious resin kit, makes him multi-purpose. Like Hrothgar and the Icebrow Hunter.

Also to the rest of the thread, of course there is baseless pirate rumors. There have been for years. Nothing gets this site all worked up like the word "pirate." Pirate grots, pirate zombies, pirate ogors, pirate aelves, you say the word pirate and the thread explodes.

Edited by dirkdragonslayer
Pirate.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

These rumours are quite easy to falsify as we should get an announcement on at least the first expansion warband before the end of the year.

If true slightly sad, but not surprised, that there isn't going to be another Idoneth warband for the under the sea version.

For all we know, the pirates could be Idoneth. Volturnos already has the eye-patch...

Edited by Raviv