The Rumour Thread

8 hours ago, EricU said:

Anyone hear anything new on unified dwarfs or what not?

2 hours ago, Freypal said:

Interested too. All gone very quiet on this front. 

Its probably still a good bit away time wise so I wouldn't be expecting anything for a while. There hasn't been any dwarf rumour engine images either so probably over. year a way at least. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Its probably still a good bit away time wise so I wouldn't be expecting anything for a while. There hasn't been any dwarf rumour engine images either so probably over. year a way at least. 

That's a bit of an unreliable marker, though. If we look at the Slaanesh and Lumineth second waves, there were actually very few rumour engines telegraphing them in the lead up. It's entirely possible that will only see Dwarf rumour engines a few months in advance of the release. Plus, there was this recently:

2021-07-13.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

I think this pretty much confirms that Kill Team is next and AoS will have to wait. Screenshot_20210806-210450.png.b1e5f420c40762fd36d610ca726056d7.png

Well in the Monday article they said the Stormcast battletome was “rapidly approaching” too 🤷‍♂️ 

The wall to wall 40k and kill team articles do suggest AoS is now at the back of the queue. Which makes it bizarre that last week they do 2 rules previews and then nothing but new miniature Monday this week. Are all the AoS content writers on their summer holiday or something?

Edited by PrimeElectrid
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Agreed, though I'm really hoping that if we do get a new chaos battle tome this October that it's Slaves To Darkness or BoC, that way there's still hope for Furnace Kings to get a massive release. Also, really hope Kruleboyz come out soon. I just want to build an army of swamp monsters so bad!

They need to expand Beastclaw Raiders and Firebelly if GW if going for a big plastic release. That way we(the players) could do an army of Ice and Fire(no Game of Thrones references intended) and make jokes about hot/cold packs. 

Yes. There are a few models within BCR that need updating. I would love Firebellies this Edition but my one realistic hope is updated Gluttons, Yehtees and Globb Glittermaw.

35 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Well in the Monday article they said the Stormcast battletome was “rapidly approaching” too 🤷‍♂️ 

The wall to wall 40k and kill team articles do suggest AoS is now at the back of the queue. Which makes it bizarre that last week they do 2 rules previews and then nothing but new miniature Monday this week. Are all the AoS content writers on their summer holiday or something?

If the AoS pre-order is the last weekend of August, then they're having to stretch out the AoS content as thinly as possible over the coming month, I guess.

2 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

If the AoS pre-order is the last weekend of August, then they're having to stretch out the AoS content as thinly as possible over the coming month, I guess.

Still holding out some hope for the 2 tomes will be announced as next preorders this sunday... This release has been stretched out so long it is becoming a problem for planned events and painting stuff up...

9 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Doesn’t get more thin than no content at all 😞 

Edit: miniature Monday and a path to glory update on Friday. Really driving that hype GW

Edited by PrimeElectrid

47 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Yes. There are a few models within BCR that need updating. I would love Firebellies this Edition but my one realistic hope is updated Gluttons, Yehtees and Globb Glittermaw.

Yetis are amazing and therefore need a proper model to showcase the awesomeness that rules over the Himalayas.

• LOVE IT! 1

Also worth mentioning that tomorrow is 5 weeks past the GHB release and an FAQ is due with just one slot left for this weeks published content… 

Edit: Still no sign. Got a bad feeling about this 4 week FAQ timeline. Great expectation management as usual GW.

Edited by PrimeElectrid

I am hoping for a surprise IDK/Maggotkin release. Sort of like when the DOK/Slaanesh release came out that I was not expecting. I am sure some people followed rumours more closely or may have had an idea but for me the DOK release came out of left field. Would be pleasantly surprised to see this :). Not a rumour but hopeful speculation that I could see happening. 

2 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

Still holding out some hope for the 2 tomes will be announced as next preorders this sunday... This release has been stretched out so long it is becoming a problem for planned events and painting stuff up...

if they are reveal more stuff next monday, it probably not this sunday and at least one more week of wait before we know

also they been extremely Killteam heavy as of late so i wouldn't be surprise if it was this week preorder (especially since last week they confirm that Killteam would be on Preorder in the coming weeks)

2 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

i have notice that their livestream show schedule have been only live for three days of the week the last couple of weeks as oppose to five, so possibly so

Theres an obvious $/£ attached to each of these decisions but it seems mad to me to release the first 2 Battletomes for 3.0, 3 months after the main game drops. Not only that but release side games in between. I have no idea how GW operates and it definitely does work as we can see but I just cant get my head around it. Unless they're increasing the Editions life cycle by another year or two, I just cant see them getting 20 something Battletomes out within what is now 33 months if they release 2 every 3 months. 

• Like 7

Just now, Still-young said:

I seem to remember it being a bit of a wait between 9th 40k and the Space Marine and Necron codex releases too?

they where release in September of last year (also not everything drop at the same time, a lot of the miniature where really delayed if i remember correctly like the 3 Crypteks but that was probably the height of the pandemic)

8 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Theres an obvious $/£ attached to each of these decisions but it seems mad to me to release the first 2 Battletomes for 3.0, 3 months after the main game drops. Not only that but release side games in between. I have no idea how GW operates and it definitely does work as we can see but I just cant get my head around it. Unless they're increasing the Editions life cycle by another year or two, I just cant see them getting 20 something Battletomes out within what is now 33 months if they release 2 every 3 months. 

they where able to do it with 40k in 8th edition, GW manage to muster a concrete effort in getting all the books out within a year and a half, they probably would have done same thing in 9th edition if it weren't for the pandemic. AoS in general has always been slower and not consistent (like how they release 4 tomes before a new edition ends, one would think you just wait and release them after the new edition)

32 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

2 every three months is actually perfect timing to release 24 battletomes in 3 years. 

That said I wonder of this edition might last 4 years They could fill the gap with the old world and 4 years from now would be the 10th anniversary of AoS. 

Also the marines and Necrons books came in October a full 3 months after Indomitus. An early September release would be just 2 months after the launch of Dominion. 

37 minutes ago, novakai said:

they where able to do it with 40k in 8th edition, GW manage to muster a concrete effort in getting all the books out within a year and a half, they probably would have done same thing in 9th edition if it weren't for the pandemic. AoS in general has always been slower and not consistent (like how they release 4 tomes before a new edition ends, one would think you just wait and release them after the new edition)

The speed of 8th's codex releases probably had a lot more to do with 8th rewriting the ruleset so much they couldn't operate without the Indexes, which they wanted to replace very quickly since they were glaring stop-gap books. Age of Sigmar wasn't even supposed to have the quasi-Codex Battletomes as we know them now until 1.0 was almost over. 

The rapid release of codexes after an edition change is a very new thing in the grand scheme of things - Bretonnians had the same Army Book for thirteen years, just narrowly beating out Dark Eldar who had the same Codex for twelve.

It's up for debate whether it's the pandemic hamstringing the release of Codexes and potentially Battletomes or they're genuinely happy with a slower release cycle for them than 40k 8th had.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The speed of 8th's codex releases probably had a lot more to do with 8th rewriting the ruleset so much they couldn't operate without the Indexes, which they wanted to replace very quickly since they were glaring stop-gap books. Age of Sigmar wasn't even supposed to have the quasi-Codex Battletomes as we know them now until 1.0 was almost over. 

The rapid release of codexes after an edition change is a very new thing in the grand scheme of things - Bretonnians had the same Army Book for thirteen years, just narrowly beating out Dark Eldar who had the same Codex for twelve.

It's up for debate whether it's the pandemic hamstringing the release of Codexes and potentially Battletomes or they're genuinely happy with a slower release cycle for them than 40k 8th had.

well they did had that roadmap going into 9th edition and it look like it was going to be at least 2 codex a month for a good period of time, so it look they where trying to match the speed of 8th but got delayed between the Dark angel and Deathguard codex and they are now really behind.

I think initially they may have planned to just speed up releases due to the system reset but apparently they like the increased release speed and have permanently expanded the teams to support this, pretty sure its just the pandemic and the shipping problems slowing releases right now, though hopefully not as badly as last year! 

Just hoping we get the SCE stuff in one shot. Maybe over the course of two (or 3 if mixed with Kruleboyz) weeks, but not this drag it out for almost a year stuff they did with the 9.0 Marines stuff. I guess part of that was to have stuff to release when all the codex supplements came out, but damn did that ever kill all interest I had in my marine army.

Edit: to add, aren't the ETB kits usually released a little earlier than the main multipart kit release? I definitely remember the Mairne/Necron ETB come out shortly after the post-Indom starter kits. I *think* that was the same with like the Ballista and hero and the Nighthaunt stuff.

Edited by boyadventurer
  • Like 1