The Rumour Thread

That's actually the post-edit version. The original version said shortly after release of 3.0 in July, now it says "before the first battletome." It also previously said it'd be part of Warhammer+ and be out before that release, but now it doesn't say that, instead saying it will "eventually" become part of W+. So that suggests at a minimum they're not planning to have it ready on August 25 any more. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/24/a-new-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-app-is-being-forged-for-the-new-edition/

I thought they had even walked that back now, but I can't find it right now, so maybe it is still supposed to come out before the new battletomes? 

Edited by yukishiro1
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Heres hoping that there are some more Chaos Duardin rumours coming your way mate. Just imagine a new Battlebox featuring truly superior Chaos dwarfs and Ogor Cannonfodder..

Corrected for you… no charge, all part of the service, you have a nice day now :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

GorkaMorka does not approve of the Spikey Beardjaws!! Theyll all end up in the Mawpot eventually...

Spikey Beard Jaws?! *Summons the legions of LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!!* IT IS WAR! DEATH TO THE SONS OF DESTRUCTION!!!

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, yukishiro1 said:

That's actually the post-edit version. The original version said shortly after release of 3.0 in July, now it says "before the first battletome." It also previously said it'd be part of Warhammer+ and be out before that release, but now it doesn't say that, instead saying it will "eventually" become part of W+. So that suggests at a minimum they're not planning to have it ready on August 25 any more. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/24/a-new-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-app-is-being-forged-for-the-new-edition/

I thought they had even walked that back now, but I can't find it right now, so maybe it is still supposed to come out before the new battletomes? 

I will be shocked if we have it by the end of the year

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, C0deb1ue said:

Can that preview have Orruk terrain/endless spells and some baby gnashtoofs?

We've had one facebook post saying there are no more Kruleboyz to show off, one saying maybe and a Warhammer Community article with a "more Orruk news soon," sign-off sooooo...... anybody's guess. 

Personally, I would love some more Kruleboyz stuff but there is enough coming to keep me busy for a while.

Edited by ManlyMuppet88

Do we have any hints at what may be the October Chaos Tome release? Maybe some Loretidbits in the new WD? Or do we have any experience on when to expect GW to reveal it? 

From what I have gathered so far it could be either StD Update (StD are in a weird spot with the new SCE and are rumoured new plastic kits for a long time. Also, althrough not really a hint, the new SCE cover features StD) or Chaos Dwarfs (which would be awesome, as new factions always are)

40 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Do we have any hints at what may be the October Chaos Tome release? Maybe some Loretidbits in the new WD? Or do we have any experience on when to expect GW to reveal it? 

From what I have gathered so far it could be either StD Update (StD are in a weird spot with the new SCE and are rumoured new plastic kits for a long time. Also, althrough not really a hint, the new SCE cover features StD) or Chaos Dwarfs (which would be awesome, as new factions always are)

I thought it was Maggotkin - thought was a solid assumption? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, silverstu said:

I thought it was Maggotkin - thought was a solid assumption? 

Consensus was Beasts and Maggotkin first, not necessarily in that order, from people who have got a lot of other things correct 

14 minutes ago, Nos said:

Consensus was Beasts and Maggotkin first, not necessarily in that order, from people who have got a lot of other things correct 

I'm wondering if we can figure if it's a 'small release' or a 'big release'.  I figure Maggotkin don't need a huge release of models, just an updated book. BoC needs a sizeable release.  

Sure, it could be one of the others - but I really do think it's way too soon for the chaos dwarf crowd. I know Kruleboys are part of warclanz, but it's functionally almost an entire faction so a new faction release a couple months later seems... rushed. people will not have painted all the new goodies yet (and thus the internet inspiration that comes after that first wave of painted armies would only be starting).  I assume there's a little bump in purchases around then for a new army like that?

Looking at the schedule ahead, which seems more likely? A big or small release?  I bet that's a bigger factor...

3 hours ago, C0deb1ue said:

Can that preview have Orruk terrain/endless spells and some baby gnashtoofs?

I'd love for that to be the case.

1 hour ago, Charleston said:

It's been rumoured that its Maggotkin, it's the oldest Chaos tome at the moment.

22 minutes ago, Fyrenn said:

I'm wondering if we can figure if it's a 'small release' or a 'big release'.  I figure Maggotkin don't need a huge release of models, just an updated book. BoC needs a sizeable release.  

Sure, it could be one of the others - but I really do think it's way too soon for the chaos dwarf crowd. I know Kruleboys are part of warclanz, but it's functionally almost an entire faction so a new faction release a couple months later seems... rushed. people will not have painted all the new goodies yet (and thus the internet inspiration that comes after that first wave of painted armies would only be starting).  I assume there's a little bump in purchases around then for a new army like that?

Looking at the schedule ahead, which seems more likely? A big or small release?  I bet that's a bigger factor...

I'd say for Maggotkin it would be a smaller release. Probably a character and maybe some Nurgle Mortals.

BOC would be a Gloomspite release, or at least should be. Update a lot of the resin alongside new units like an updated Shaggoth, Gors, Bestigors, Centigors and Bullgors.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fyrenn said:

Could they fit in a small and big release before Christmas? 40k Orks are soon, then Black Templar's, I'd Maggotkin would fit in there as a small release [especially after the Stormcast and Orruk Warclans releases then maybe something before Christmas before the December releases of paint sets/terrain/battleforces. 

Not sure that it fits here, but it is warhammer IP. 

When I was picking up a box of the new Magic set, one of the LGS employees mentioned off-handedly that the 40k crossover set was gonna be releasing soon, which at the bare minimum includes commander decks and I believe a full booster release as well, but details are scarce.

Source: me and an lgs employee.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Charleston said:

Furnace Kings/chaos dwarfs 3.0 were both rumored( via Grimdark live) and hinted in Kruleboyz/hobgrot lore.

2 hours ago, Fyrenn said:

Maggotkin don't *need* much new, in my opinion, in that models are still great. However they are from Warhammer, and AOS is making quite a big departure. Orruks didnt *need* an entirely new Orc and goblin aesthetic either but they got one, so who knows 

BOC on the other hand, I think they badly need it. Beastmen have been without adequate achlpts for most of their range for 20 years. And I dobt know why, it's really weird. Theres good GW beastmen- the Underworlds gang, Slaangor, but also the old shaman- so it's not like they cant do them. And most miniature producers do good satyrs/minotaurs etc suggesting they're not typically difficult or anything. They're pretty standard fantasy/myth aesthetic. 

But they keep swinging and missing, still. The Gor in Black Fortress were dull, a lot of the Tzaangor were too busy and confused, the gor in the Spire Tyrants is mind of flat. I know hes not BOC but Kragnos is a BOC looking thing and he has a stupid face. The two Ogroid sculpts have also stolen some of the thunder that should belong to Minotaurs I think. 

For a range all about bestial power and dynamism, GW keep producing flat and stiff beastmen. 

Edited by Nos
  • Like 3

Considering we are getting 2 medium to big releases(orruks and stormcasts) i'd say that the chaos tome will be one with not too much models....so Maggotkin or Khorne.
Both  could just get a pair of units and hero and be still fine (Khorne more so), Furnace Kings would need a whole new army so considering the 40k BT and Orks timeframe i'd say it will be too much crowded.
Still they both lack Beastmen so i'd love some canine faced Khorngors or classic pestigors,paving the way to the "1st big wave" of BoC made in Aos.
The real question is....what will get Death after that considering that is the only GA left for the beginning of 3rd edition?
Big wave for FeC?(they need badly new units and some new kits for things that have not a proper kit but are just makeshift from different ones)
Or just Nighthaunt battletome?
@NosThat rumor got both wrong the GK vs TS box and the lack of Krule cavalry, the correct rumor was another though.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 1

My completely baseless speculation is that in addition to the October Chaos release we will see a Battlebox in mid November as sort of the last pre-Xmas thing.

Not sure what factions would be in it, Nighthaunt vs IDK would be my preference but I think Nighthaunt or FEC are a shoe-in.

it should put to bed the rumor that Battleboxes where going to have all refresh models on for one side of the forces

i didn't think GW where all of a sudden changing from the usual each side gets one new model and everything else is old kits format for these boxes

also i didn't really believe that Bullgors of all thing needed a new plastic model when they are plastic to begin with.

9 minutes ago, Chikout said:

As expected is Grey Knights and Thousand Sons next week with no preview. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/01/sunday-preview-thousand-sons-and-grey-knights-galore/

Hoping for a little something on Monday. 

They do say new miniature reveals at the bottom but if that means AoS or 40k or something else no idea