The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

@Neil Arthur Hotep This bothers me to no end!! Its the same on the star drake! 

Hoping that once FEC gets updated that the vargheists / horrors kit is either updated or split apart to have their own kits and the same for the zombie dragon / terrorgheist kit. 

The Stardrake also has, like, 17 fingers. Just like Archaons weird horse, but at least that guy has the decency to be chaos mutated.

But yeah, Vargheists are currently my personal worst kit in Gravelords. The one that I refuse to use even though it's good, because it just does not look good to me. You did it Vargheists, you took the crown from Direwolves!

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Greybeard86 said:

I don't get it, they are a faction that is easy to expand on.

That can be said for a lot of factions that are currently pretty lacking in models but never got a proper range expansion during their entire existance. Idoneth, Fyreslayers, Kharadron and IMO Ironjawz come to mind immediately.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Greybeard86 said:

I'd like the octopus, but I do feel the serpent is more atuned to the "mythological" approach of AoS.

But yes, it is unlikely that idoneth get much more love in the near future. Do they not sell? I don't get it, they are a faction that is easy to expand on.

39 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Indeed. I don’t get it either.

I like the octopus idea- perhaps an Octo-sea serpent/dragon.

I think the only reason Idoneth [like KO] won't get an update soon is just because other factions need models/are higher up in the design queue. Seraphon/Skaven/BoC/CoS need stuff for starters, there's new factions to add and Sylvaneth are due an update as they are from 1st Ed. Idoneth will probably get new models, just perhaps not this edition. Its frustrating but GW has limits to its production.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SunStorm said:

This is the big un-answered question I think. 

On the one hand, so far, Orruk Warclans looks to have multiple Battleline options, but Kruleboyz themselves have just the one (one unit, two weapon options). 

An option to make Boltboyz Battleline would be interesting, but unlikely? So there has to be another unit right? The wished for cavalry option would make the most sense. 

Orruk have lots of battlelines, but almost all of them are tied to the allegiance you pick. Only salvage orruks are unconditional battleline, all the other options are battleline in ironjawz/bonesplitterz/orruk warclans army. We don't have a Kruleboyz allegiance yet to make hobgrotz or Boltboyz battleline in the same way, so it's possible they will be once we get a proper allegiance for them.

In any case, they have show 3 normal units and 9 hero options for the Kruleboyz, so I really hope the remaining models are normal units rather than heroes.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

"On top of that, Big Yellers can take Boltboyz as Battleline units – perfect for the orruk gunline army you’ve been dreaming up. "

So there is the other battleline for KB, but you're tied into the Big Yellers. 

No other mentions of anything else still to come, so i'm beginning to think what we've seen is everything now.

8 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

So nothing for Ironjawz or Bonesplitterz after all? This is a really bad omen for souped armies if their fate is to be outshined by the new army that gets souped along with them without even getting a single model.

6 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

I wonder how the Dirty Tricks work. The one listed there seems pretty damn good for blunting incoming damage during the first round.

Could be a list building choice like KO articles, amendments and footnotes.

Is this really supposed to play like I am reading it?

AoS OrrukRules Jul27 Boxout1

You get to reroll only one die per unit that shoots?

6 hours ago, elfhead said:

The text in the community article suggests the red dragon will be available to more armies, maybe all order forces? Or am I reading to much into it? 

I am pretty sure this is just a lazy toss up to sell more models. Similar to the Mega Gargant and Kragnos being playable in many factions. It doesn't necessarily mean it will work well in other armies (They want to sell the models, but nobody wants to see the same dragon twice on every table). But we shall see! 

From todays article (battletome preview):
AoS OrrukRules Jul27 Image5

Someone spent a long time setting up these scenes and photographing. They're trying to incorporate all the cool new models. I make two observations:

1. No Calvary. If it's coming, I would think that its part of a second wave. The only hold out of hope for calvary is that I don't see the mounted hero either, so perhaps the photos are carefully cropped to not show the flanking orruks. 
2. RIP hobgrots (as a thing in warclans).  Only in one photo, hidden in the background. This (a little) reinforces my opinion these were an after thought, thrown in, because they couldn't think of a better thing to put in the box  (The last SEVEN (going back to black reach & isle of blood) GW launch boxes before this have the "bad guys" have a 20 strong unit of weaker dudes to make the "good guys" feel more elite and powerful.  So GW seems really attached to that idea and for some reason the Orruks this time were "too big/elite" for that slot). 

So. I think this is suggesting we are done with model reveals and ready to get on with the battletome 

Edited by sorokyl
  • Haha 1