The Rumour Thread

On 8/26/2017 at 8:12 PM, SuperHappyTime said:

I would actually recommend listening to the podcast Garagehammer's reviews of the bottom half of the image (Quest for Ghal Maraz, Balance of Power, Godbeasts, and Sir not appearing in this image, All-Gates). I mean, you could buy them, but that actually costs money. David is pretty exuberant about the fluff and gives thorough coverage of it. Really hard not to recommend the podcast if you aren't looking for competitive AoS.

Those are really good and I recently revisited them but like almost all podcasts the first ~50 minutes is people talking about their hobby and gaming which is annoying but at least Garage hammer gives you the times so you can skip it.

Review of Blightwar i just read say the only Allegiance Ability rules in the book are the Stormcast and Nurgle battle traits. No command traits, artefacts, spells or prayers.

I am a bit frustrated by this release - its basically a tease of new models, rules and fluff without any actual meat. Good if you want all the models but frankly it feels like filler in between primaris releases (6th different box with intercessors in goes up for preorder on saturday...)

2 hours ago, Captain Marius said:

Review of Blightwar i just read say the only Allegiance Ability rules in the book are the Stormcast and Nurgle battle traits. No command traits, artefacts, spells or prayers.

I am a bit frustrated by this release - its basically a tease of new models, rules and fluff without any actual meat. Good if you want all the models but frankly it feels like filler in between primaris releases (6th different box with intercessors in goes up for preorder on saturday...)

Well, It's probably because the will release an actual Nurgle Battletome. Which would be a lot better IMO.

Will we be able to us that battle trait and the generic chaos command traits and items at this stage?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just now, Kosmion said:

Yeeess ***** finally!! I wonder if its gonna be like blight war but centered around death instead

With this much lead up, it looks like it will be quite a bit bigger than Blightwar, especially since every GA is getting at least 1 new hero.

54 minutes ago, Kosmion said:

Yeeess ***** finally!! I wonder if its gonna be like blight war but centered around death instead

Had the same exact thought! Or maybe deathlords might come up with a book like everchosen did! So we can some cool mixed deathlords formations like the everchosen did where they had nurgle, khorne, slanessh, tzeentch formations in it for their mortals before DoT and BoK. 

Hrm, that new death models looks nice. Even thought he's described as a herald of nagash and might be Deathlords, he's looking pretty ghostly, so I'm hoping for Nighthaunt. Maybe that whole sub faction will get some love, and maybe at least one more unit to break up the hexwraith/spirit host/hexwraith/sprirt host/etc monotony of their army.

My hope is that this new death faction will have multiple keywords that would allow playing some of its models across different death factions (like the wraith shown there would certainly fit night haunt) kinda like how stormfiends are both skyre and moulder.

Edited by angrycontra

1 hour ago, BURF1 said:

With this much lead up, it looks like it will be quite a bit bigger than Blightwar, especially since every GA is getting at least 1 new hero.

Let the guessing begin.  The Order one will probably be Stormcast.  For Destruction I would lean Ironjawz. Chaos could be about anything but I am going to say Skaven, because that is what I want.

Edited by TheWilddog

52 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Hrm, that new death models looks nice. Even thought he's described as a herald of nagash and might be Deathlords, he's looking pretty ghostly, so I'm hoping for Nighthaunt. Maybe that whole sub faction will get some love, and maybe at least one more unit to break up the hexwraith/spirit host/hexwraith/sprirt host/etc monotony of their army.

Per WarhammerWeekly, GW confirmed that he's Nighthaunt - the live show just ended on Youtube, but I strongly recommend you watch it as Vince shared a lot more info than what is available on the GW community website...

• Like 1

Love the look of the new Undead model, especially if it's going to slot into Nighthaunt as well. Which is interesting, because Jervis said on an interview that they chose the allegiances in the GHB on factions they don't think they're going to be getting around too anytime soon. So maybe this character is both a Deathlord and Nighthaunt?

Also cool to hear that all 4 Grand Alliances are going to get a new hero. Although, seems inevitable that it'll probably be plagued by posterboy syndrome (Stormcast, Ironjawz and some flavour of Chaos god that's not Slaanesh). I'd really love for GW to do more than 1 for each alliance, like kick off the campaign with say 8-12 new clampack/small box hero kits. Still, more models are only a good thing, and can't wait to see the next step in the AoS narrative.

Lastly Ironjawz. Colour me not impressed. To me, they just look like the regular Ardboyz kit with a few different heads and slightly different poses. Unlike the other warbands, nothing really screams at me as an amazing model that's really different to the existing AoS kits. Stormcast had female stormcast and the leader which has a cool pose, the Bloodreavers are hairy and cool, and the Skeletons are dynamic compared to the AoS ones.

Maybe they just suffer a bit because the current Ardboyz kit is already somewhat dynamic (Compared to many old Fantasy kits anyway, and the bane of everyone putting them on square bases).