The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Arkiham said:

That is quite a surprise, I really wasn't expecting a new box...

Nonetheless I will happily buy one:

- the female Stormcast alone justify the purchase, she is an awesome model (the only little niggle is that I'm going to have to green stuff some hair on the side of her head, my daughter doesn't like the punk/shaven look)

- I was actually planning on purchasing another box of Palladors

- I can make good use of an additional 5 hunters

- I was wondering if I should start a Nurgle army (well, after I've finished my Tzeentch and Death armies...). The Nurgle fella on the slug is such a cool character, I love all the details and the slightly comical take on the character...

I'm slightly disappointed by the Nurgle side of the box. Horticulous is obviously awesome, but not so sure about the rest. Would you consider two Nurgle halves of the set if you wanted a Nurgle army?

Stormcast side is great though, have had my eye on the Vanguard for a little while and this looks like a nice start and Black Arrow could be a beast. Bonus attacks / to hit / to wound against characters maybe if the description is anything to wildly speculate from?

Edited by Tzaangor Management

1 hour ago, Tzaangor Management said:

I'm slightly disappointed by the Nurgle side of the box. Horticulous is obviously awesome, but not so sure about the rest. Would you consider two Nurgle halves of the set if you wanted a Nurgle army?

Stormcast side is great though, have had my eye on the Vanguard for a little while and this looks like a nice start and Black Arrow could be a beast. Bonus attacks / to hit / to wound against characters maybe if the description is anything to wildly speculate from?

I am kind of disappointed that the Nurgle side is just their start collecting box with a hero change, but I guess I'd be more disappointed if I already bought the SC box(and I almost did) and wanted to expand it.

1 minute ago, bsharitt said:

I am kind of disappointed that the Nurgle side is just their start collecting box with a hero change, but I guess I'd be more disappointed if I already bought the SC box(and I almost did) and wanted to expand it.

I mean, it's basically the whole range of Nurgle Demons, atm. I needed to get more plaguebearers for the horde rules anyway, and I love the drones.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mdkinker said:

I mean, it's basically the whole range of Nurgle Demons, atm. I needed to get more plaguebearers for the horde rules anyway, and I love the drones.

Ah good stuff, I wondered whether they might be by far the more undesirable side of the deal, but I guess we still have to wait and see what other potential new goodies for Nurgle there might be as well. Glad it's potentially a good foundation.

I really like what they've done with the Blightwar box. 

Love the idea of the 'VS' box series, I think it makes more sense to go that way in future than to do more Realmgate War stuff for now. This means you get the fluff behind these little side conflicts taking place in various regions of the mortal wounds.

I also love both the character models and the fact you get the Vanguard Chamber stuff, hopefully it comes at a decent discount (Or at least, it being a boxed set means I can pick stuff up from UK resellers cheaper than AUD).

The stuff I'm not sure about though is putting the Nurgle allegiance ability inside the box. This is the kinda thing which there really should be a battletome for, and does make me wonder if we're actually not getting a proper Nurgle release anytime soon. Will have to wait and see, but I dislike needing to buy a box of miniatures (especially a combo box with stuff outside your faction) to get stuff key to your faction.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

What's the status of the kunnin rukk?

Well the Kunnin' Rukk battalion is up 100 points. Arrowboys are up 20 points, Savage Orruks up 20 points (although they get a 60 discount for a mob of 30) and Savage Big Boss up 20 too.

All in all it got hit.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Twitch has just confirmed that a new compendium points PDF will be released on Saturday along with the release of the new Generals Handbook 2017

Excellent, while i dont expect they will be allowed for big event I still love my old metal Dwarf heros and all my Bretonnians.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stato said:

Excellent, while i dont expect they will be allowed for big event I still love my old metal Dwarf heros and all my Bretonnians.

The adepticon to has already said that compendium armies will be allowed there, hopefully other organisers will follow suit.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

The adepticon to has already said that compendium armies will be allowed there, hopefully other organisers will follow suit.

Hopefully not. Time to cut the cord with those remnants.

The GHB changes seem to have given us a whole new game! Amazing considering its only 2 years old. Can't wait.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ryan Taylor said:

Hopefully not. Time to cut the cord with those remnants.

Why? What possible tournament-oriented (ie. competion) reaon is there to jettison swaths of models and hundreds (thousands?) of peoples' collections from use as long as they are pointed the same way as current retail armies? Older =/= bad.

I know this debate has been done to death, but man, as long as there are current MP rules, I see no reason to tell players they can't use the stuff. 

• Like 2

Why? What possible tournament-oriented (ie. competion) reaon is there to jettison swaths of models and hundreds (thousands?) of peoples' collections from use as long as they are pointed the same way as current retail armies? Older =/= bad.
I know this debate has been done to death, but man, as long as there are current MP rules, I see no reason to tell players they can't use the stuff. 

Easy fix. So that the game can actually move forward they can just have legacy and standard type tournament requirements similar to MTG.

Although it's easy for me to say not having spent half my life buying armies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it's an aesthetics and availability thing. Also (from my experience) those that play them are deeply rooted in a bygone game and have at times been frustrating to play against as they lament on the days of old.

Also every minute spent balancing those points is less development time doing new and fresh ideas.

and to quote the great Mr Stinson  "newer is always better"

• Like 1