The Rumour Thread

Just now, whispersofblood said:

HoS are terrible, its obvious and clear for everyone. But, that doesn't mean that the game itself and the emergent meta will be terrible. To think so would be a fallacy. What @Athrawes is arguing that we should all be building to what we believe is good, and let the meta emerge from that effort, so that we can then with some actual insight, facts, data and statistics identify what works and doesn't work. 

Most AoS and wargame discussion is very inference heavy to begin with, which personally I find barely acceptable. But, we are going off the deep end, because of how we feel about the points costs. Like no one has even posted a hypothetic list yet and had discussion about the capacity for factions to achieve the battle tactics or their grand strategies. We are definitely mostly dealing in untruth.

Well, as I mentioned I can't play even if I wanted to because my battlelines got deleted. I do not have a legal list in the models I own.

Should I spend money to buy legal battlelines so I could participate in that supposed good game with the army that is, in your own words, terrible? Is that the conclusion, that I should give GW more money after this? Help me out here.

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, Chikout said:

You don't need to buy the ghb yet. Watch the facehammer video or the honest wargamer video, try out the points and battleplans they talk about. 

If it turns out to be good, then buy the ghb. 

That was my idea yeah, lots of talk about "voting with your wallet" here that I agree with, so if these points changes feel that bad for enough armies then it's time to put that vote into practice.

Excited to see how the new rules play out, but the obvious points-bandaid until proper tomes come out is going to make things rockier.

31 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Just saw this, anyone heard anything from their LGS? I kinda assumed two week preorder meant M2O, this might prove that?

Thumb screenshot 299

The LGS that i'll hopefully be ordering from did mention that they had been allocated some more boxes that are set to deliver in 4 months. Based on this it does seem like there's at least one more run of the box planned.

Edited by SilentSentinel

53 minutes ago, Golub87 said:

Well, as I mentioned I can't play even if I wanted to because my battlelines got deleted. I do not have a legal list in the models I own.

Should I spend money to buy legal battlelines so I could participate in that supposed good game with the army that is, in your own words, terrible? Is that the conclusion, that I should give GW more money after this? Help me out here.

Unless the only battleline you owned was 15 Chaos Warriors you have battleline for S2D, or BoC. And, if that was the case then yes edition changes often require investment if you were min/maxing the previous edition. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, whispersofblood said:

Unless the only battleline you owned was 15 Chaos Warriors you have battleline for S2D, or BoC. And, if that was the case then yes edition changes often require investment if you were min/maxing the previous edition. 

I tend to be careful with my purchases for this exact reason. This is a pricey hobby already and I have seen what new editions can do to a collection. Even now I have to do some conversions and such to meet new unit sizes.

My battlelines were Chaos Warriors (25 models total) and Marauders (40 models total, made from splintered fang and unmade because marauder models are bad).

How is that min/maxing?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Golub87 said:

My battlelines were Chaos Warriors (25 models total) and Marauders (40 models total, made from splintered fang and unmade because marauder models are bad).

How is that min/maxing?

Then you can play S2D and given the state of HoS at the moment perhaps that is for the best. Your statement was you cannot play the game. Which you can as you have 2.5 Battleline Chaos Warrior selections, and 4 Marauders Battaline selections.

3x5 Chaos Warriors was what I was referring to as Min/Maxing, which is essentially the definition filling the minimum with the minimum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Then you can play S2D and given the state of HoS at the moment perhaps that is for the best. Your statement was you cannot play the game. Which you can as you have 2.5 Battleline Chaos Warrior selections, and 4 Marauders Battaline selections.

3x5 Chaos Warriors was what I was referring to as Min/Maxing, which is essentially the definition filling the minimum with the minimum.

I just do not know what to say. Read the ....... room.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Golub87 said:

I just do not know what to say. Read the ....... room.

lol look bro/sis if you want to mourn that's fine but don't pretend like you are acting rationally and debating or discussing. If you are just emoting online, perhaps flag your posts. Or do what I learned to do on Facebook, type it all out and don't hit post.

IF you want to play AoS3 then join the discussion, if you just want to moan about the misfortune of being a HoS player(A faction I myself play; I own 2 plastic KoS and 2 Soulfeasters.) then perhaps there are better ways to do that, which don't expose you to normal, and rational criticism to a hyperbolic position. Like just sit it out a minute and think about something else for a bit, I'm certain you will be happier afterwards.

I've been through Three edition changes in WHFB, five in 40k before finally giving up, and now 3 in AoS. Let me tell you for those of us who have been around you aren't saying anything someone didn't say going from 6th to 7th edition, to 8th edition, to AoS2. Every edition certain types of armies are invalidated, for instance my Chaos Army with 3 core(batteline) units of knights going from 7th to 8th were no longer core, and the required points for core went from units to % of the army. A massive invalidating change, but I wanted to play the game and I got on with it. If we are being cool, it (being able to use another factions batteline) was an interesting historical and practical aspect that let the god armies fill their batteline with generic Chaos units, but these factions all have their own versions of those units and probably should be relying on them going forward. It is unfortunate that your specific army got lost in the shuffle a bit, but have you considered playing S2D Slaanesh followers? That is one of the natural advantages to playing a Chaos Faction the core faction is always somewhat available.

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Question: I know they suck atm without the context of the new Warclans book, but 1 unit of 20 or 2 units of 10 Hobgrots?

I dont think warclans will help Hobgrots much, sure they can get a +1 to hit and wound but in general they just have a bad save, bravery and combat potential. We really need to wait for the new book to see if there is some synergy or character that takes them to the next level.

• Like 1

lol look bro/sis if you want to mourn that's fine but don't pretend like you are acting rationally and debating or discussing. If you are just emoting online, perhaps flag your posts. Or do what I learned to do on Facebook, type it all out and don't hit post.

IF you want to play AoS3 then join the discussion, if you just want to moan about the misfortune of being a HoS player(A faction I myself play; I own 2 plastic KoS and 2 Soulfeasters.) then perhaps there are better ways to do that, which don't expose you to normal, and rational criticism to a hyperbolic position. Like just sit it out a minute and think about something else for a bit, I'm certain you will be happier afterwards.

I've been through Three edition changes in WHFB, five in 40k before finally giving up, and now 3 in AoS. Let me tell you for those of us who have been around you aren't saying anything someone didn't say going from 6th to 7th edition, to 8th edition, to AoS2. Every edition certain types of armies are invalidated, for instance my Chaos Army with 3 core(batteline) units of knights going from 7th to 8th were no longer core, and the required points for core went from units to % of the army. A massive invalidating change, but I wanted to play the game and I got on with it. If we are being cool, it (being able to use another factions batteline) was an interesting historical and practical aspect that let the god armies fill their batteline with generic Chaos units, but these factions all have their own versions of those units and probably should be relying on them going forward. It is unfortunate that your specific army got lost in the shuffle a bit, but have you considered playing S2D Slaanesh followers? That is one of the natural advantages to playing a Chaos Faction the core faction is always somewhat available.

I understand, if I complain about legitimate issues today, that makes you look silly for all the abuse from GW you have accepted and came to expect over the years, right?

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

Just now, Vasshpit said:

Reallllly looking forward to the dust settling soon on the new release/edition as this forum has not been all the fun coming to as of late...

Im excited for my new toys though. 

Me too, I've played through 6 edition changes in 40k, 3 in WFB and the change to aos 2, and honestly I have never been so optimistic for a new edition. 

My Gitz, and Ogors are chomping at the bit to start poking and eating things this edition with all the crazy new changes.

I hope the rest of the board can find their way to a similar eagerness soon, If your hobby makes you miserable, what is the point?

• Like 7

Seems like the rest of the world is being shafted tbf bc UK stockists seem to have been given a lot of stock.

Alchemists Workshop went from being told 150 was too high and they'd recieve 60 to now having 300.

Feel sorry for global hobbyists rn. Looks like Brexit finally paid off for the random case of a board game stock allocation?

3 minutes ago, Golub87 said:

I understand, if I complain about legitimate issues today, that makes you look silly for all the abuse from GW you have accepted and came to expect over the years, right?

Abuse... we need to stop using such emotive language about a consumer product. I like the models, I like the game, I like the narrative and I can easily find opponents. Also you don't have a legitimate issue. You have a specific issue produced by your own choice, based on a assumption that a fringe benefit you had yesterday would last in perpetuity. You placed a bet and lost, its fine. So you have two choices, play S2D or struggle on with HoS at a cost to you, in your local currency. 

Should I stop enjoying football because they change the offside rule every 6 hours? I like everyone else on this forum can freely choose to engage with GW and their product or not. 6 edition changes in the last 18 years is hardly the most problematic issue in my life, and tbh if we were still in 6th edition WHFB I doubt I would still be playing.You can't improve something without invalidating the aspects you identify with needing improvement. Like most things, people aren't happy with what is usually good for them. 

As an aside, here is some advice. There are many reasons why a person who plays a wargame should play more than one faction. The first is protection against meta changes. What sorts of armies are good changes like the weather, then there are faqs, points changes, etc that can influence if you army is fun. The next is having a deeper understanding of the game, as having to look at the core rules, and each faction from a different lense helps you decide how to tackle problems. The last is protection against edition changes, I can pick up probably any of my armies and field a decent playable faction and with a little money spent can make them all competitive. But, having a main and an alt means you can always play the game while you save money to play the list you really want to play. For example I'm trying to decide if I'm going to pick up two chimeras, or a Spirit of the Mountain first; but in the mean time I can play either army, or one of several other factions I have. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

+++ MOD HAT +++

And back onto rumours folks!  Have said it before and will say it again, if you want to rant please go somewhere else to do it, there's ways to express your dissatisfaction without heaping it with salt and posting in every thread.

AoS is at it's core a hobby that we do for entertainment, if you're finding it's raising your blood pressure, step away from the computer for a bit to cool down please.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 13

9 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Seems like the rest of the world is being shafted tbf bc UK stockists seem to have been given a lot of stock.

Alchemists Workshop went from being told 150 was too high and they'd recieve 60 to now having 300.

Feel sorry for global hobbyists rn. Looks like Brexit finally paid off for the random case of a board game stock allocation?

Plastic crack - the only Brexit success so far. Of course it's possible that there's a secret paragraph in the Australia trade deal where we are swapping Dominion sets for Tim Tams.

• Haha 2

Dark sphere London are getting stock 'in the autumn' so maybe that 300 is a cross the year. 

20 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Screenshot_20210618_173201_com.microsoft.bing.jpg

24 minutes ago, Soolong said:

Dark sphere London are getting stock 'in the autumn' so maybe that 300 is a cross the year. 

Screenshot_20210618_173201_com.microsoft.bing.jpg

Yeah, was hoping to get at least one box from them. Not enough copies on the initial run. GW creating artificial scarity again.

Meanwhile there are more than enough copies to give to every social media personality to write glowing reviews of. Sick of it tbh. The whole thing feels scummy.

Edited by Jagged Red Lines
  • Like 2

Has any heard or seen any leaks about monstrous arcanum? I see that it was listed in the books section of the GHB, where it listed the books that are part of the game, but it's not clear to me where it stands points wise, as I didn't see dread saurian, troggoth hag, or rogue idol among the points for their factions. Would be very sad (and inexplicable to me, as GW seemed to figure out to just point them where they are not competitive and let people have fun with them if they want) if they were just squatted. Anyone seen rumors about their status in 3.0?