The Rumour Thread

I would like a Hobgrot hero, I think. Maybe one that males Slittas battleline without being the general.

I agree that they are rather bad, but leaving them with no support,  nothing would make their inclusion into the bool even worse.

As for cavalry, I‘m torn. I think I‘d like another kruleboy unit first and foremost, but apart from that „wolfriders“ would be an awesome throwback to old fantasy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

I would like a Hobgrot hero, I think. Maybe one that males Slittas battleline without being the general.

I agree that they are rather bad, but leaving them with no support,  nothing would make their inclusion into the bool even worse.

As for cavalry, I‘m torn. I think I‘d like another kruleboy unit first and foremost, but apart from that „wolfriders“ would be an awesome throwback to old fantasy.

Imagine a Kruleboyz sub-theme with 5+ kits of Hobgrots, warmachines, mechanical monsters... and you can even play them with subfaction rules!!

9 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

My hopes for new ogre infantry will be dependent entirely on how they handle Ork Boyz. If those guys end up being monopose with no real customization between themselves and other kits, then I don't want GW touching ogres with a ten-foot-pole.

I hope we keep customisation and just move away from the rank and file look. The Ogors just need dynamic posing and theyd be perfect. 

I'd also like them a bit bigger to keep up with the scale of the game. 

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 1

I still dont understand why they want to increase points costs in general. It wont make the games any faster or easier. Those Brutes costs are back up to the original release points. I guess they are doing a hard reset and will slowly lower them back down over time just like they did with 40k 9th.

2 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

model" is a Citadel Miniature on a plastic base

I don‘t see an issue there.

when you add custom parts it‘s still a Citadel Miniature with a plastic base, yet the miniature might have more parts atop of it which don‘t count towards the miniature :D

Imo as long as the core construct is a citadel Miniature 3D printed bits should not be an issue.

• Like 1

Just now, Malakithe said:

I still dont understand why they want to increase points costs in general. It wont make the games any faster or easier. Those Brutes costs are back up to the original release points. I guess they are doing a hard reset and will slowly lower them back down over time just like they did with 40k 9th.

You've just answered your own question. Over time points have gone down and army sizes have grown. By increasing the points overall it makes collecting an army easier for new players. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malakithe said:

I think they want to increase points because board is getting smaller and it would be too full with current points? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chikout said:

You've just answered your own question. Over time points have gone down and army sizes have grown. By increasing the points overall it makes collecting an army easier for new players. 

I suppose I did lol

8 minutes ago, Hellberg said:

I think they want to increase points because board is getting smaller and it would be too full with current points? 

Na cuz they made the board size smaller in 40k and they are actually encouraging hoards. The newly released AdMech and Sisters are now considered hoard armies. 

Just now, Jagged Red Lines said:

I'm honestly surprised points haven't been leaked yet. That seems to have a far bigger impact on purchasing decisions than core rules changes.

Personally, I haven't even wanted to paint stuff for the past month, let alone buy new kits, until I see how radically points have changed in this edition.

Same...every aspect about the game and building lists is different now but points changes probably effects most buying decisions for new armies and list ideas

FROM 4 CHAN:

Nope - they are 200 on point - I do not know what this guy that said double is taking - but Sentinels are 10 minimum and 200 points in GC2021

Also - the guy that is saying that nurgle is biggest loser is wrong. The bigest looser is lumineth and DoK - I would say that ogres between new minimum sizes and points are clear winners. Chaos close second on winner table.

• Thanks 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

I'm honestly surprised points haven't been leaked yet. That seems to have a far bigger impact on purchasing decisions than core rules changes.

Personally, I haven't even wanted to paint stuff for the past month, let alone buy new kits, until I see how radically points have changed in this edition.

If Vince (Warhammer Weekly) is telling the truth, the influencers haven't received the GHB yet, which is where most shortly-before-pre-order leaks tend to come from.

Presumably they haven't received them to avoid said influencing of purchases.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Same...every aspect about the game and building lists is different now but points changes probably effects most buying decisions for new armies and list ideas

That and any unit size changes related to Reinforcement, I have just been thinking about Chaos Spawn which normally help fill out an army at 50 points for 1, and unit can go up to 6 figures.  But maybe will change to base size of 2 models - the number in the box?

51 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

I suppose I did lol

Na cuz they made the board size smaller in 40k and they are actually encouraging hoards. The newly released AdMech and Sisters are now considered hoard armies. 

However, at the launch of 9e they increased the points for all armies. The given justification was the smaller board size.