The Rumour Thread

Does anyone have that old leak of a pic from the book that mentions different types of unit and what size the units are?

It was stuff like:

Horde: 20 models with 1 wound 

Elite: 5 models with 2 or more wounds

etc

I’m having trouble finding it in the thread, would be much appreciated. 

13 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Redeploy seems to be the reaction of choice if your opponent tries to charge from a significant distance away. From anything closer than 5" or so, you might be better off taking +1 to saves instead. Apparently, the zones of control around objectives are set to get shrink too, from 6" to 3". So redeploy will probably force you to give up control.

So we can plunk Archaon on an objective and it's literally impossible to take it without killing him?

Cool. Cool cool cool.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Does anyone have that old leak of a pic from the book that mentions different types of unit and what size the units are?

It was stuff like:

Horde: 20 models with 1 wound 

Elite: 5 models with 2 or more wounds

etc

I’m having trouble finding it in the thread, would be much appreciated. 

pi.png.bc09b7160c3a96a719d14a4f6e6ff1f7.png

This might be for path of glory campaign mode. I'm not sure about this for matched play as for example Necropolis Stalkers don't fit any criteria here presented. 

Edited by Hellberg
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Yoid said:

I get it. There gonna be outdated rules in some armies for a while until battletomes fix them. Meanwhile try to roar into the objective of your catapult with your harvester to avoid the +1 save.

It amazes me how many people didn't read how Roar works. It prevents command abilities on the following COMBAT phase, so no preventing +1 saves for shooting

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Hopefully Fyreslayers get some reinforcements this Edition!!

1 hour ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Maybe the general consensus but there's a few hold-outs like me who arn't giving up hope. 

Whitefang Love reacted to my post so they either share the same hope or actually knows something!!

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

The picture from the linebreaker core battalion, the description of a linebreaker in this unit table and the mentioned drake (kraknos warscroll) makes me think we definetly get some stormcast dragon between stardrake and dracoth. I am pretty sure. Would be awesome for my extremis chamber

Edited by Dukeus
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Greybeard86 said:

Preach! Though I thought the consensus was that they would get souped?

5 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Maybe the general consensus but there's a few hold-outs like me who arn't giving up hope. 

Even if they do get souped, that doesn't necessarily mean they won't also get new units.

I guess we wait to see if ironjawz get anything. They don't have it as bad as Fyreslayers but a dual kit for a megaboss on chariot/ javelin chariot would be swell.

For Fyreslayers a kit that makes minidroth riders/feral minidroths as cavalry/beastial artillery would be swell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrimDork said:

Meanwhile Ogors everywhere are praying for dwarf soup!

And I'm praying to the Gulping God that Ogors get a massive relaunch and will push the Stunties out of the way if need be!!*

*We will return to raise our vertically challenged brethren on our wide shoulders to ever greater heights of Duardin success...for a Magmadroth omelette.

1 hour ago, Aeryenn said:

Hope Fyreslayers reinforcements don't mean 1 hero on foot.

Fingers crossed for 2 more troop choices, an elite troop, foot mounted heroes, a named Character, a cavlary option and a Behemoth.

Oh and an Underworlds and Warcry Warband. Is that too much to ask GW?

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

And I'm praying to the Gulping God that Ogors get a massive relaunch and will push the Stunties out of the way if need be!!*

*We will return to raise our vertically challenged brethren on our wide shoulders to ever greater heights of Duardin success...for a Magmadroth omelette.

Fingers crossed for 2 more troop choices, an elite troop, foot mounted heroes, a named Character, a cavlary option and a Behemoth.

How about a Rinox pulled butchers cart, new maneaters and gorgers, a two headed winter drake, and a couple of firebelly units.

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

Thanks for this! Definitely getting path to glory vibes from this. 

Someone said this image is part of an old GHB that offered an alternative way of listbuilding for open play. I read that section some time ago, but cannot remember if this exact table was there (probably yes). I remember the other part about rolling the units at random using the criteria of this list to describe them. It was the Open War Army Generator or something like that. So may be an old pic sneaking as a fake leak.

7 hours ago, Greybeard86 said:

Preach! Though I thought the consensus was that they would get souped?

Being souped and getting reinforcements are not mutually exclusive arrangements!

There's definitely room for more crazy stuff in Fyreslayers, and recently GW is showing the willingness to add 1 unit at a time for armies (see Sylvaneth). I think it's actually very good for the game if they throw a bone to every army once in a while in that way to keep things fresh, especially those with older (BoC?) and more limited (Fyreslayers) ranges.

So fingers crossed for both, as that would give Fyreslayers the maximum options, as if you do an Ironjawz style soup where you can take the grand alliance version of the faction or each subfaction in its own army and all work, that would be ideal as all the options still exist.

Wow, we're only a week from preorders already.  I wonder when some people will start getting a look at the GHB. I did hear one person on the facebook group somehow saw the pointing for HoS and they were largely unchanged from the book while most other things went up (no Slaangor changes, sadly)

I think the GHB is so much more important than ever this year.  I've paused like a ton of potential projects because I have no idea what anything is going to cost, if there are going to be unit size changes, etc.  

Hopefully more info will start coming out soon....

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

A Sad React from @Whitefang...please reply with a Like for the Ogors not to be true or a Haha for Fyreslayers not to be true because my heart cant take not knowing.

1 hour ago, Laststand said:

How about a Rinox pulled butchers cart, new maneaters and gorgers, a two headed winter drake, and a couple of firebelly units.

This would be so ****** amazing mate. Update the posing of the Gluttons, Leadbelchers and Ironguts with the Gorgers in a dual kit with Yehtees.

• Haha 1

I enjoyed this write up a little more than the previous ones likely because I had lowered my expectations but I am also sad that there is nothing to glean regarding a potential Kurnothi update to the range. Have any rumours regarding Satyr Aelves been bandied about lately?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/13/the-sylvaneth-have-grown-strong-in-the-rich-soil-of-the-new-edition/

6bY5xqcL2bLTi8yU.jpg