The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Rogue Explorator said:

A point of purely personal interest:

-I did not expect Brayherd on the list of Forces to get allegiance, nor did I expect that Beasts of Chaos support in Path to Glory. I am a Beastmen fan, so I am happy for the support, even if it means we will not get a battletome anytime soon. But this does mean we can at least hope to get a battletome and new miniatures for undivided Beastmen at a later time. I just really hope they widen the scope of units that qualify for Brayherd allegiance, the ally allowance does not really allow anything close to a mixed herd.

Yeah if it's Brayherd allegiance, it seems as if the god-flavoured gors won't have the right keyword...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rogue Explorator said:

-around 7 pages matched play. Looks like MP might get a few more rules in addition to allies.

To be fair the current rules need to be in there as well. It's a stand all on handbook. At least that's what I assume. 

1 hour ago, BrAiKo said:

Yeah if it's Brayherd allegiance, it seems as if the god-flavoured gors won't have the right keyword...

I am not getting my hopes up on getting Tzaangor (and the other god-gor) in Brayherd allegiance. But being able to get some Bullgor or lesser beasts (warhounds and such) without using up that precious allies allowance (that is quickly used up with a behemoth or two).

55 minutes ago, Kramer said:

To be fair the current rules need to be in there as well. It's a stand all on handbook. At least that's what I assume. 

The current rules are 4 pages. That certainly leaves space for something other than ally rules, unless they take more than a single page.

I'm going to withhold judgment until I see everything, but so far I'm not impressed. The mortarchs are still very inefficient at that points cost, and morghasts are slightly better but still not good. The allegiance abilities and artefacts are exciting, but keep in mind that taking one of those ability packs means not taking the generic death one. Death are already not very competitive right now with likely the best allegiance ability. Shaving a few points off mediocre warscrolls is just not going to make up for the loss of a 5+ or 6+ ward save army wide. While it's possible that Deathless Minions and Ruler of the Night will stay, I think it's very unlikely as it's very hard for any of the new packs to compete with that. 

Basically, if they get rid of Deathless Minions/Ruler of the Night, the entire GA needs something like a 20% cost decrease just to tread water. 

• Like 2

I am not too happy about pushing Death towards hordes, even if it makes sense. Also, this makes me really really hope there is something to address character sniping as without them, FEC are still going to be lackluster, and you can just make any deep striking Nighthaunts useless/dead by killing the tomb banshees and/or cairn wraiths so they can't come out.

Like, the abilities seem neat.  But unless this addresses some other issues, Death is going to be slightly more fun to play, and still lackluster.

Edited by wayniac

I like the new Death peeks :)

i will say I do like this 400 point ally support to the army.

but it will have an multiplier effect on very strong armies that were limited by something.

IE Stormcast with spell casters. Each doing a different type of shield spell etc

i think I will be writing lists for a year , until GHB 2018 lol

Who actually wants to play with units of 40 anything? Nevermind 60. At that point just bring a shovel to move them with. Why is that being promoted even more than currently besides selling more packs of old and dated plastic kits? 

I've not heard one player ask for this that I can recall. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bjarni St. said:

Who actually wants to play with units of 40 anything? Nevermind 60. At that point just bring a shovel to move them with. Why is that being promoted even more than currently besides selling more packs of old and dated plastic kits? 

I love playing with large units.  It is a great solution to much of what plagues AOS right now.  

• Like 5

Allies - so far, we're thinking that you can still ally with any faction from the same GA, but if they're not your main faction's designated allies, then they break allegiance? Or is it going to turn out that not every faction under the same GA can be taken together anymore?

Just now, Furious said:

Allies - so far, we're thinking that you can still ally with any faction from the same GA, but if they're not your main faction's designated allies, then they break allegiance? Or is it going to turn out that not every faction under the same GA can be taken together anymore?

It seems there are certain sub-factions/allegiances that any given sub-faction can ally with.  It does not seem like there is a free-for-all on allying. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

It seems there are certain sub-factions/allegiances that any given sub-faction can ally with.  It does not seem like there is a free-for-all on allying. 

I am concerned by this, considering my use of Legion of Azgorh, which will most certainly be overlooked for some time.

12 minutes ago, Bjarni St. said:

I kinda agree with this, I thought AOS would have moved AWAY from huge blobs of things like WHFB had.

• Like 2