The Rumour Thread

Well…

i really like the new stormcast style. Is this a new chamber?

I hope that all the old models - I have dozens of liberators, paladins and evocators - will Not be useless in the Future? 

Somehow the new style of storncast doesn’t fit the old one. I hope there will be not something of a full rework  

or is it just me? I am somehow afraid of the 1.000€ of current models I have in my vitrine.  And why new ordinary foot troops? We already have plenty of them. 

But the new models really look awesome. Will be interesting to see any new rules. 

Edited by rosa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KriticalKhan said:

Greenskins have glowing green eyes.

Destruction is on the rise, and Greenskins are the face of the GA.

The leakers that got everything else right about these reveals told us we're getting new Greenskins.

It's Greenskins

Didn't the leakers say 'Bretonnian Stormcast' and these just seem more Greco-Roman than anything.

• Like 8

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, Turgol said:

They nailed it with armour. But helmet... I have some doubts. Hope for no helmet options. 

Luckily the heads should be easy to swap out. I think FW still sell stormcast heads right?

I'm on the Fimir train judging from the teaser, but does the fact that there were mortal soldiers round the camp fire indicate that we may be getting new human Cities troops in the new box.  It was a teaser for the whole box after all, not just the Destruction side.

• Like 1

I am flipping pumped. Bit of a bummer we didn’t see anything for the destruction force, but I’m so glad it was AoS 3 and not more animation or something, and the new Stormcast look incredible. I didn’t mind the first Stormcast, but they’ve come on leaps and bounds since then. Proportionally, better detail, more variety with the female sculpts and bare heads, awesome poses. I’m so excited. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Didn't the leakers say 'Bretonnian Stormcast' and these just seem more Greco-Roman than anything.

i think it was a different leaker

the one for Bretonnia Stormcast was from THG

Hobgoblins was from Grimdark live

I suppose that when we say 'fimir', we mean something that's an evolution of or AoSification of fimir, which could easily be the basis for 'new breed of evil'. They'd have to get rid of the unpleasant background about their sexual habits, for one, that just wouldn't fly.

Right now the only thing we have going for them is the swampland setting. Glowing eyes is probably just an affectation for the artwork in the video and could still be orks or gobbos. There's some singles and some in threes but that could simply be a sketchy style and the pairs predominate anyway.

Hell, that 'wolf foot' from the rumour engine could well be the mount for some Stormcast.

4 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think this is about as far from 'Bretonnian Stormcast' as 'Cthulhu Elves' was from the Idoneth. I could see it, just about, particularly if there's some as-yet-unshown cavalry unit with e.g. lances and pennants. The winged champion lady has a bit of a whiff of medieval Christian around her, more than most Stormcast so far, which could barely bump her into blurry Bretonnian territory.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

Fimir had amber or white eyes though? Red eyes implies something else? And most were in pairs but I saw a couple in triples

red eyes implies Skaven more than goblins, but "new breed of evil" also implies an actual new race

2 minutes ago, rosa said:

Well…

i really like the new stormcast style. Is this a new chamber?

I hope that all the old models - I have dozens of liberators, paladins and evocators - will Not be useless in the Future? 

Somehow the new style of storncast doesn’t fit the old one. I hope there will be not something of a full rework  

or is it just me? I am somehow afraid of the 1.000€ of current models I have in my vitrine.  

But the new models really look awesome. Will be interesting to see any new rules. 

check out our Stormcast thread for discussing our rules :) 

"We spent our honeymoon at the family's summer house by the sea. One morning, when taking the air along the bluffs, the mist closed in. It was suddenly calm and strangely quiet. Then, out of nowhere… Bog Daemons! Huge, one-eyed, barrel-chested brutes. I was sent crashing to the ground with a swipe of a tail. Another bundled Greta up and threw her over its shoulder. Then they just vanished into the mist, as swiftly and as silently as they had appeared. I swear that is Verena's own truth."

—Oleg Grauhof, Reiklander Merchant, shortly before being hanged for the murder of his wife

Lore on the Fimir, from WHFRP 4th edition.

• Like 2