The Rumour Thread

34 minutes ago, xking said:

Rumour from 4-chan, again take with a grain of salt.

Just sounds like educated guesses based off existing rumours to me. 

"GW squat'ed Knightly Orders to release knightly-knight Stormcast in six years." Uh-huh.

Updates to old/lacking lines also just comes off as wishlisting.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, pixieproxy said:

Thankfull it looks like we might be getting cheaper battleline (on the wallet anyway) in Dire Wolves, but yeah, scared that zombies and skellies are gonna come in 10's. When was the last time minis came in 20's anyway? Mortek?

I predict Dire Wolves in boxes of 10. Skellies and Zombos in boxes of 20. Calling it here and now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The lack of Animation has me worried now. They said they'd be showing stuff off from it right? What if it really is just showing off one of their shows?

2 hours ago, Bayul said:

It will be this stupid book for WH40K from today's teaser i guess.

Lets keep the faith in GorkaMorka lads!! Fingers crossed for 3.0 teased!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

You are far more optimistic than I about the skellies and zombies

I’m actually a pessimist by nature, but I’m basing my prediction on the fact that mortek guard and previous zombies came in boxes of 20. Time will tell. 

• Like 1

I went the pub right after the Beast Snaggaz and missed the rest. Just caught up now. 

Really surprised by the Cadian upgrades. It's amazing to see the proper diversity as there should be. Still hope for other Regiments though. 

Just watched that Psychic teaser. Towards the end that shows the Sorcerer against the Grey Knight, do you think the staff is quite similar to the rumour engine with the chaos staff head? I think so. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Deakz28 said:

I really hope 3rd is finally the time I can put my brush down and.... pull out my wallet for malerion and his shadowy kin... is this the edition for me? Surely there can’t be many big players missing at this point 

Could also be a new messiah for the daughters of khaine but time will tell i guess :) Also looking forward to some kraken or seamonsters for idoneth

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indecisive said:

Doubt.
Looks like one of those make stuff up and claim to be a leaker. Attempting to summarize the next 3 years raises big flags.

Even for for most extensive of leaks, it's usually only about a few months of releases. It's pretty suspicious, relies on trends we already know, and vague enough that it covers a wide area.

* New zombies and Saurus - We already saw the new zombies, and there's already speculation on new saurus because the Kroak art gives them new weapons/shields.

* Updating existing factions - Duh? I mean that's what everyone has been predicting for a while. If recent releases for Lumineth, Hedonites, Soulblight, and Slaves to Darkness are any indicator GW is starting to move towards widening factions instead of adding more.

* New board size - Again, obvious, because 40k and AoS rules tend to change in tandem. 40k boards shrunk, of course AoS will too.

* Knight stormcast - Technically all Stormcast are already knights (Knight Azyros, Knight Heraldor, etc) and if we are approaching 3.0 there will be new stormcast. I would be more surprised if they said Stormcast that weren't knightly.

Not saying the rumor is wrong, but all those assumptions could be made by anyone watching recent AoS releases.

Edited by dirkdragonslayer
Fixed verb usage.
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

this Bretonnian-esque stuff must be Order of Azyr

I am divided on the concept of a Stormcast Brettonian army. It would be a cool expansion for the faction that better integrates the SCE into a more traditional Warhammer aesthetic and faction. On the other hand it might sacrifice the Corinthian aesthetics that make the Stormcast so visually distinct and unique. I also like that the Stormcast do not ride traditional mounts, but I want my Brettonian styled knights in shinning armour riding horses with some fantastical mount options such as a pegasus or unicorn for special units and heroes. In essence there will have to be a compromised aesthetic that could look fantastic or just confusing.

However, an Order of Azyr army would give me everything I want and be an instant purchase in a starter collection. I would especially love if they maintained some kind of heraldic pelts as seen on Emelda Braskov's pauldron.

Emelda_M01.jpg

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mojojojo101 said:

I have a feeling tomorrow might be less an exclusively AoS 3.0 reveal and more a 'things to come' teaser that will include a bunch of stuff, one of which will be a very heavy nod to 3.0

I've been saying it's not 3.0 because a) The launch date is July 3rd Weekend to match the anniversary. b) Edition changes are usually only talked by GW 3-4 weeks out from launch, and c) It will literally take all the thunder out of the new bigs coming with Kragbro.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fairbanks said:

I've been saying it's not 3.0 because a) The launch date is July 3rd Weekend to match the anniversary. b) Edition changes are usually only talked by GW 3-4 weeks out from launch, and c) It will literally take all the thunder out of the new bigs coming with Kragbro.

And yet, both aos 2, and 40k 9th were announced at warhammerfest within a week or so of the same date as tomorrow, within their respective years.

Furthermore, about  "taking thunder" away from Kragnos, last year with with the psychic awakening build up to 9th edition 40k, they announced the last PA book Pariah in mid-April, Announced 9th edition 40k in mid-May, and then released PA: Pariah in June before the 40k 9th launch.

SO there is a clear precedent for this type of release/announcement. 

Edited by Athrawes