The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Goblin Cast Gaming said:

"It’s said that the founder of their order was able to master his affliction by drinking the blood of a ‘king among dragons’ – and the iconography of drakes features heavily in their heraldry."

Ouuuuuuu we are getting a centrepiece 😙 .

I indeed did have hopes after seeing this, but also seems like it’s a quote from the battle tome, so maybe he will forever be trapped in obscure lore :( really wanted a mysterious hero to make it on the table top

1 minute ago, Deakz28 said:

I indeed did have hopes after seeing this, but also seems like it’s a quote from the battle tome, so maybe he will forever be trapped in obscure lore :( really wanted a mysterious hero to make it on the table top

Could be a lumineth/ hedonists situation, where this i what we are getting, but a little down the line we get more in a BR (if kragnos isn’t the last one, or in 3rd 

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm still of the opinion that Kragnos is going to be the leader of a new Faction of Destruction aligned Ogroids. 

More Ogroids would be awesome, those models are amazing!
Lorewise though the Ogroids used to be destruction and picked a fight with gorkamorka, but when they lost instead of accepting defeat they turned to the dark gods for the strength to triumph so Gorkamorka kicked them out and the forces of destruction annihilated them with the survivors being driven back into the chaos tainted lands.
That story would fit somewhat with what we know about kragnos though.

• Like 3

getting big Varanguard price vibes off though vampire knights (also interesting in that article they linked to that insect-like Vampire lady they showed off a few weeks ago, I was thinking with whatever the hell has happened to Cursed City there was a chance that she & rat boy might have got quietly shelved)...

Anyway just finished reading BR: Teclis, and can't believe what they did to my beautiful boney boys but as for Soulblight making some kind of play whilst Nagash lays up, they didn't whilst he was even more comprehensively rekt by Archaon so I imagine they'll just continue to try ****** each other over.

Also now I've seen that banner pic of Kragnos brightened up I'm more convinced he's some kind of Kurnothi'esque centrepiece, whilst BoC would make a lot of sense and be cool to see them given a bit of love, he looks (to me at least) more like a more bestial, rage fuelled avatar of life.

But mainly as having just read BR Teclis that would then obviously tie in to every single thing that came out of Alarielle's mouth in that book, I mean they didn't exactly go subtle mode there. Anyway we shall see... 

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Kronos said:

It’s nothing fancy, but I brightened up the image to see if there was anything lurking. If it is Kragnos, it turns out he’s a red head...I’m not saying he’s Kurnothi but it very difficult not to draw comparisons.

D30A2B19-4768-4CC3-991F-3A9033533F30.jpeg

Red mane?

Emerald ornaments?

Kurnothi through and through, I am beyond delighted!

30 minutes ago, JPjr said:

But mainly as having just read BR Teclis that would then obviously tie in to every single thing that came out of Alarielle's mouth in that book, I mean they didn't exactly go subtle mode there. Anyway we shall see... 

Absolutely, given Alarielle comments and the bright up image of Kragnos, I am 90% certain he will be Kurnothi leader.

5 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

Red mane?

Emerald ornaments?

Kurnothi through and through, I am beyond delighted!

It is an oversaturated image, I don't think it indicates anything. A red mane is present in a lot of factions, e.g. Bonesplitterz, and the Kurnothi don't wear any Emerald ornaments. 😅

11 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

I've just finished painting a unit of chaos knights and these blood knights seem very similar in their design.

Funny you should say that. Because the (old) Chaos Knights made a fantastic foundation for my "Khorne Vampire Knights" (proxy for Chaos Knights in my Khorne Vampire army). Now I have to decide if I am going to get the new Blood Knights or use these guys.... What am I saying, of course I'll buy the new Blood Knights, they're beautiful. However I do love these guys too.

BloodKnights&Duntov.jpg

Edited by BaylorCorvette
  • Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

A possibly stupid question, but do we know if the Grand Alliances will survive the upcoming 3.0 release? At least in its current form(s).
More and more imho points towards a major shakeup.

I suspect they will, as the GAs are a great shorthand for how different factions fit into the world overall, and are useful to new and old players alike for that reason.

That being said, they certainly could do away with them without putting the game itself in peril, but it would likely be a contentious decision on their part.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

It is an oversaturated image, I don't think it indicates anything. A red mane is present in a lot of factions, e.g. Bonesplitterz, and the Kurnothi don't wear any Emerald ornaments. 😅

Emerald would fit the whole nature vibe. Red mane is seen in ALL members of Skaeth Wild Hunt.

I think that image is, in fact, a very good confirmation that we are getting a Kurnothi faction. Awesome!

54 minutes ago, Me-dude-sa said:

Man, Kragnos's art reveal has only made the allegiance debate more tense. Now the only thing that's certain is the reveal will leave a good chunk of people frustrated, I just hope every team has fun. 

its all good fun

712504401_SHREKMEME.png.1cbb6edfbc3f5e3fd1809f92d6e664dd.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

I suspect they will, as the GAs are a great shorthand for how different factions fit into the world overall, and are useful to new and old players alike for that reason.

That being said, they certainly could do away with them without putting the game itself in peril, but it would likely be a contentious decision on their part.

I was thinking of something along the lines of "realm alliances" & "realm adversaries". but that really might be too complicated.

I for one like the GA concept as it is, it sorta of like a MMO alliance system where player can feel like they are in a team trying to influence the Mortal Realms

Order is like the Alliance, Destruction is the Horde, Chaos is the Burning Legion, and Death is the Scourge.

i believe Warhammer weekly said that the GA system gave the setting a focus and structure instead of it being 24 random armies just screaming at each other

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

Emerald would fit the whole nature vibe. Red mane is seen in ALL members of Skaeth Wild Hunt.

I think that image is, in fact, a very good confirmation that we are getting a Kurnothi faction. Awesome!

But the Kurnothi are not extinct and the Kragnos' people had gone.

Who would imprison an ORDER God?.

well judging by the Intro bits we have on Kragnos from WARCOM 

do you hear that? It sounds like a rumble, coming from somewhere very, very deep. Almost like something terrifying has woken from a long slumber.

The realm will quake

We don’t know about you, but we’re not sticking around to find out who that was. Let’s take refuge somewhere safe

He is definitely not a benevolent God creature, it almost like he going to cause a lot of problems when he is awaken