The Rumour Thread

Tau kits don't have any oval bumps on them. It's definitely Eldar, hopefully a sign of a substantial release for them. 

Going back to AoS. There's something about the blood knights that isn't doing it for me. It might just be the colour scheme but they don't look as savage as I would like. Also the horses look slightly short though that might the camera angle. It's disappointing that we still haven't seen a full profile shot. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

Tau kits don't have any oval bumps on them. It's definitely Eldar, hopefully a sign of a substantial release for them. 

Going back to AoS. There's something about the blood knights that isn't doing it for me. It might just be the colour scheme but they don't look as savage as I would like. Also the horses look slightly short though that might the camera angle. It's disappointing that we still haven't seen a full profile shot. 

Yeah Eldar I think - plus don't Tau only have 3 fingers? 

On the Blood Dragon article- love the bare heads! Especially love there is a female vamp leader head, with Kurnothi being in the far distance I might grab a few to paint up.

• Like 1

Having a few thoughts on Kragnos and Kurnothi. I personally don't think Kragnos is tied to the Kurnothi. 

In the teaser, Kragnos talks about his people being gone while overlooking a derelict and ruined city. If he was talking about the Kurnothi, the city itself does not seem to resemble what you would expect Wood Elf style people to live in. 

I definitely think he's an Ogroid talking about his people falling to Chaos. 

Although I also thought on the idea of Kurnothi being tied to Destruction and stupidly never realised the prospect that it would make sense. I initially thought nature and Life forces surely could not be tied to Destruction, but then nature can be the most destructive force there is and does not care for order or civilisation, nor is Life always peaceful, and the Kurnothi may just represent that side of Life.

I love both prospects so I'd be hyped whatever happens. 

2 hours ago, Enoby said:

I think BoC are really cool as Chaos - there's something more primal and menacing about beastmen lurking in forest, conducting dark primitive rituals to a primordial power. They're not just random minotaurs who fight to eat or because they're mean, they actively give themselves to a primal evil force, often mutating into spawns because of it.

Destruction is really cool too, but I think BoC are too dark for Destruction. Not that Orks or Goblins can't be evil, but their 'evil' is often quite basic (nothing wrong with that), and doesn't have that 'Satanic' vibe BoC have of animal people chanting in the woods. 

The recent supplement for Soulbound mentions Beastmen who were actually peaceful, at least during the Age of Myth - if I remember right there's the implication that because they value freedom (and anarchy) above all else, you might find peaceful/benevolent Beastmen as a kind of "****** you" to Chaos being Always Evil.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I mean, they have been setting up infighting in all other Grand Alliances, why not Destruction, too?

Because the rumor/leak everyone is referencing isn't just that kragnos is destruction, it's that he will lead destruction. Which requires him to usurp Gordrakk. 

Destruction stopping their infighting to team up is the exception, rather than the rule, infighting was set up in destruction from the very start of aos. Even GorkaMorkas two heads will fight each other sometimes causing him to split into Gork and Mork.

14 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

e they value freedom (and anarchy) above all else, you might find peaceful/benevolent Beastmen as a kind of "****** you" to Chaos being Always Evil

When you are so chaotic that you break scale and reappear on the opposite side of spectrum?;P

27 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Having a few thoughts on Kragnos and Kurnothi. I personally don't think Kragnos is tied to the Kurnothi. 

In the teaser, Kragnos talks about his people being gone while overlooking a derelict and ruined city. If he was talking about the Kurnothi, the city itself does not seem to resemble what you would expect Wood Elf style people to live in. 

I definitely think he's an Ogroid talking about his people falling to Chaos. 

Although I also thought on the idea of Kurnothi being tied to Destruction and stupidly never realised the prospect that it would make sense. I initially thought nature and Life forces surely could not be tied to Destruction, but then nature can be the most destructive force there is and does not care for order or civilisation, nor is Life always peaceful, and the Kurnothi may just represent that side of Life.

I love both prospects so I'd be hyped whatever happens. 

I'm still of the opinion that Kragnos is going to be the leader of a new Faction of Destruction aligned Ogroids. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

Those bare-headed sword-wielding blood knights look rad.

BloodKnightLore Apr20 BKTerrain2s7h4

So does the old Blanche art, the stuff he did for WHFB Vampire Counts 7th ed. is some of his best.

BloodKnightLore Apr20 BKArtJB19dj4

The msot important part is that there are 2 Boob armour/female knights. I am so happy. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

Hey, quite new here, been lurking and decided to join up, I’m wondering what does everyone think about Warcom showing off more models this week? Since we normally have reveals Mondays anyway, I’m wondering if there’s more to come? 

I doubt it. They showed the alt build of the Blood Knights today and they just put up an article about the bonesplitta warband. Since they aren’t talking about Cursed city, there isn’t much else to show.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I doubt it. They showed the alt build of the Blood Knights today and they just put up an article about the bonesplitta warband. Since they aren’t talking about Cursed city, there isn’t much else to show.

new blood knights in an alternate build is a nice reveal for me imo. they also showed more than 1 female knights per 5 of them today which makes me happy. (I find the female armour more interesting to paint)

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I thought they were fairly explicit about the ven Densts fighting undead in the reveal trailer. I also believe we are still due a proper narrative Gravelords payoff. We had that vampire rescue ven Brecht and all the scheming by Neferata and Mannfred to set up something with Soulblight, but so far nothing has been resolved (even in BR: Be'lakor). It would be a shame if all those plot threads don't lead anywhere.

I'm with you, I hope there is an actual narrative tie in with Soulblight Gravelords as it relates to the Broken Realms narrative we have. I am going to be super disappointed if in between BR Books or at the end of the BR Narrative, GW is just like "oh yeah and here is the Gravelords book, have fun."  My hope is that GW ties in the fact that Nagash just got his a$$ kicked and perhaps as he is resting / recuperating the Soulblight take advantage of the slack in their leash and fill the power void. I think there is a lot of potential with the BR series & Gravelords. Lets just hope GW follows through.

15 minutes ago, Chikout said:

So it would appear the Blood Knights have your traditional lances that are good on the charge and poop when you're stuck in combat or swords that don't care whether or not you charged. I reaaaaaally hope that the Blood Knights  have some cool unique warscroll abilities and they just aren't "Vampire Cavalry." I actually really like their attack profile right now, where the only difference between charging and not charging is 1 dmg vs D3, but the rend stays the same. It differentiates nicely compared to most cavalry that are either all about the charge or don't care either way. I would love to see a retreat and still charge, or even a run and still charge. Maybe bump them up to 4 wounds per model and have the unit leader act kind of like Hekatos, where it can issue command abilities and generate the deathless aura.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Couldn’t there be more soulblights to be revealed? A centrepiece? Maybe kragnos? 

Edited by Deakz28

2 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

Couldn’t there be more soulblights to be revealed? A centrepiece? Maybe kragnos? 

Possibly, but unlikely to be shown this week. Personally I'm hoping for some sort of elite vamp foot troops or something along the lines of the vyrkos blood borne

• Like 1

Just now, pixieproxy said:

Possibly, but unlikely to be shown this week. Personally I'm hoping for some sort of elite vamp foot troops or something along the lines of the vyrkos blood borne

Ah wicked; myself, hoping for the blood dragon/abhorash as a hero, with a unique narrative point, I was hoping for a mortarch, but 3 vamp mortarchs seems unlikely:( 

2 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

I too would love to see a Vampire foot unit of some sort. My dream would be the equivalent of Blood Knights on foot, elite and heavily armored. However, I would also accept a lightly armored more hit and run unit similar to that of the blood borne.

• LOVE IT! 1