The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I have said it before and I will say it again, but I hope that Dispossessed will have a split focus between traditional Duardin and new Ghloemkind models. Personally, I would like them to be distinguished between sub-factions dedicated to Grungi and Valaya. I think the Dispossessed side of the army being female worshipers of an ancestor goddess would be particularly cool and give the faction a more unique identity while still giving the current city duardin a disctinct visual identity as well. But overall, I am up for some Duardin love in any guise. 

I welcome an AoS spin on traditionally dwarves for sure.   So long as it's evocative to dwarves in the old world setting, like LrL are to highelves, and it focus's on Grugni and  Valaya. Home and Hearth, Creation and  Craftsmanship. Those are the core tenants I want to see in new Dawi. We already have KO for the Dawi that embraced innovation, and the fyreslayers that embraced martial prowess and oathkeeping. 

I desperately want my civilization building dwarves, whos mastery of creation and desire to return to glorious mastery are rivaled only by their unwillingness to embrace change. xD

:edit typo

Edited by Shankelton
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Grim Beasties said:

There's an interesting story in the Son's book on PG 74 about One-Eyed Grunnock helping skaven break into a storm vault. Inside of it however there is an army of Cog-Scarabs with knives for legs and a Cog Golem. One-Eye destroyed them however.

Loved this story, it's why I envision the Ghloemkind like the Dwemer Constructs of the Elder Scrolls.

• Like 1

In regards to Dispossessed, my hope is they keep the 4 current kits (Hammerers/Longbeards, Ironbreakers/Irondrakes, Warden King and Runelord) and expand on these, while also adding like golem creatures as a subfaction (in the same manner as Gloomspite has Troggoths, Moonclan etc)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Loved this story, it's why I envision the Ghloemkind like the Dwemer Constructs of the Elder Scrolls.

Perhaps! I do recall a line of lore about Grugni, that he abandoned/restrained from helping the Dawi in the age of chaos because he wanted to see his people advance. To find their own way. It surmised that the Kharadron are Grugni's dream realized of a dwarven people who adapted from tradition to excel. The trade off being that most KO usually spit on Grugni's name for his actions on their ancestors in the age of chaos. They're now a very "atheist" people so to say, as they got themselves out of trouble. Not any good.

Has me wondering if we would see Grugni's faction be that marriage of old and new in the higher tech constructs. Or if it would be a return to tradition. I'd love to see some kind of mix of KO tech with dwarven traditional masterwork. Solid and stout, but techy/ advanced.

1 hour ago, BaylorCorvette said:

hmmm no warscrolls for the Crimson Court..

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/WHU-The-Crimson-Court-EN-2021

Probably holding it back because giving us two 600+ point crappy warscrolls for LoN within a week of each other would cause the internet to explode...🥺

seriously though, let’s hope they just forgot to upload it

Edited by Gothmaug
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gothmaug said:

Probably holding it back because giving us two 600+ point crappy warscrolls for LoN within a week of each other would cause the internet to explode...🥺

seriously though, let’s hope they just forgot to upload it

I suspect they are just waiting until Gravelords comes out because the Crimson Court was likely written with that book in mind whereas the Cursed City more than likely was supposed to be out last year but COVID pushed it back.

• Like 4

Just got told by my local GW store staff that Cursed City is only going to be done as a single production run. Once sold out then that's it apparently :/ . If you really want it then perhaps don't hold off too long. There were quite a few copies on the shelf at my store in Australia. Also was told that it was far more popular than expected.

Edited by Greyshadow

12 minutes ago, Greyshadow said:

Just got told by my local GW store staff that Cursed City is only going to be done as a single production run. Once sold out then that's it apparently :/ . If you really want it then perhaps don't hold off too long. There were quite a few copies on the shelf at my store in Australia. Also was told that it was far more popular than expected.

In my experience local staff rarely know more than the average forum user. They are probably just trying to encourage people to buy now. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Greyshadow said:

Curious which store told you this? I got told the same at the Chermside store in Brisbane Australia.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Greyshadow said:

Never believe GW store staff. They are hardly ever better informed than what you can read on the WHC blog, and they have definitely no insight into what is or is not limited edition - unless that is public knowledge anyway.

Edited by Darnok
  • Like 5

Hi Darnok, long time no see! Yes, well I am a wargaming grognard and am aware of the unreliableness you speak of. Thing is, the guy who runs my local is as honest and nice a bloke as you will ever meet. He fully admits he has no idea most of the time. Judging by the comments from @Sleepers, someone from head office has told Australian managers that there isn't going to be a second run of Cursed City. I'd already pre-ordered so there was no pushiness too. (We used to have a big problem with pushy sales people at GW in the 1990s and 2000s I might add).

I am not saying this information is correct, perhaps someone in the Sydney HQ has got their wires crossed, especially given @Svalack's post?

Edited by Greyshadow
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

A lot of models of LoNG were removed from the store and Be'lakor was removed  from the store too

I'm fully expecting a preview show announcement this weekend. We've got to be pretty close to the release of both Be'Lakor and Gravelords at this point if they are not just marking the models as unavailable, but fully removing them from the store.

• Like 2

I'm still seeing conflicted news. GW aren't confirming anything it seems. Dark sphere which is one of the bigger set of UK stores said 3 days ago no additional runs are planned yet my local lincs store yesterday said its been added  to the standard range 🤷‍♂️. I guess we just have to wait . Anyone else in the UK have any news from their store?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Svalack said:

I'm still seeing conflicted news. GW aren't confirming anything it seems. Dark sphere which is one of the bigger set of UK stores said 3 days ago no additional runs are planned yet my local lincs store yesterday said its been added  to the standard range 🤷‍♂️. I guess we just have to wait . Anyone else in the UK have any news from their store?

It could be that there are logistical issues getting all the components reproduced as its not just models, there's all the cardboard elements etc.. Blackstone is still available so I don't see why they wouldn't work to produce more stock of Cursed City, unless Cursed City is waaayy more popular than Blackstone.

47 minutes ago, silverstu said:

It could be that there are logistical issues getting all the components reproduced as its not just models, there's all the cardboard elements etc.. Blackstone is still available so I don't see why they wouldn't work to produce more stock of Cursed City, unless Cursed City is waaayy more popular than Blackstone.

That would kind of be bizarro world logic, right? Not making additional production runs of Cured City because it's too popular?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Urauloth said:

I always want to type a "B" in "SGL" and I have to remind myself that "Soulblight" is one word so it's not really right to initialize it that way. "SBGL" feels better though. It has a dark power, an evil lure.

We could all, you know, actually use the words our highly advanced monkey brains have developed in order to allow us to communicate.

Abbreviation is fine, but not when it confuses people.

Also, I'll reiterate that we really could use a mouse-over/hover way to include known terms and pop up references. This site is so, so good, and so welcoming, but this is an area where it could get better.

• Like 4

Obviously I have no real evidence for this but I suspect that logistical issues mean GW is being incredibly cautious about telling retailers that there will be more Cursed City because they just aren't exactly sure when they can actually deliver.

I do expect there to be more but sometimes it is just easier and attracts less ill-feeling in the end to just say as little as possible.

• Like 4