The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I’m expecting a mortal skaven release at some point, (and for those who don’t get it basically anything skaven that isn’t a daemon) 

I hope so too! Skaven are such a wonderfully unique faction to Warhammer that it baffles me that their updates weren‘t released waaaay earlier. I mean, they try to distance AoS from cookie-cutter fantasy settings, yet don‘t push what‘s truly unique to Warhammer. All we get are Aelves after aelves after aelves... it‘s fine to have 10 aelven factions but maybe get some other stuff out first...

my biggest wishes would be Skaven and Lizardmen for 2021. followed by extensions to ranges such as Ironjawz and Both dwarf factions. Not because I collect them but armies consisting of the same 3-4 kits are boring.  Some update/successor to Cities would also be good, I‘d be open to a mix and not just humans.

Anyways, somewhere a small Tzeentch mortal update would be nice. I‘m not saying it has to be soon but with StD models looking so scrappy (beautiful models but they got so many dents, scratches and holes, they fit Nurgle), we could use our own spin one day. 

I guess it‘s down to what the 3d character designers like, cause why else would Ironjawz get so little, yet we got a gigantic Gobbo wave? 🤔

• Like 3

This slaanesh release is great for all chaos fans coz it overturns the annoying pattern that was being established.

Khorne launched at the start of AoS with a fantastic range of mortals, some of which debuted in the end times.

Then Tzeentch came along and while the mortal range was smaller, it was a pretty fair balance of new daemons and mortals (depending on if you count tzaangors in the latter).

Next, the maggotkin book dropped, and for all the praise heaped on the great unclean one and the various characterful heralds, it was pretty stingy when it came to mortals. The Nurgle mortal range is now the least satisfying, it's packed with absurd quantities of named characters (why didn't they make one of the maggoth builds a generic hero???) but after that it's basically just blight kings, mounted blight kings and hero blight kings. For a benevolent god of alchemists, gardeners and priests, it's kinda weird that all we see are jacked elite warriors.

Finally, we had 2019's hedonites of Slaanesh that left mortal players like me cold. Sure, the KoS and Syll'eske were great, but this time we got a net NEGATIVE mortals (no new kits while old sigvald and mounted lord were squatted).

I was worried that warcry was gonna be 'it' for chaos mortals. Not that's I don't like the warbands, just scratches a different itch.

Slaanesh getting love bodes well for Tzeentch and Nurgle.

Edited by Klamm
  • LOVE IT! 3

18 minutes ago, Aleser said:

we already saw those 2 monsters in Sigvald video so they are definetly coming :D

Exactly

I am somewhat annoyed right now that they‘re artificially stretching the previews - it has gotten to a point at which it has become tiresome.

Just show us the whole ****** army already, we have to wait until February anyways. The drip-feeding makes me getting bored. Maybe showing the whole release so we know what‘s coming until February and then continuing with the old release schedule would refresh things. But the way they handle the Corona-delay makes me not buy anything, there‘s just no hype, quite on the contrary (imo)

Also:

The Advent rumors weren‘t resolved, so what was the point of them?

I am tired.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 4

The stretching is because GW has to factor in the shipping delays; international trade and the whole mess with their own factory - esp since the UK is going through tighter lockdowns and such. IT might be that they were going to show off more and then had to shift the production schedual to once every 2 weeks - or perhaps there's more being held for New Years Day and such. 

I wouldn't get overly worried - right now we are on 2 major releases a month on average for the next few months. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ragest said:

They can’t do much more, virus stuff, i think that is not their fault.

But man, faaaaaaaaaaqqqssss. Im tired of kroakssss

Sure they can do more, they chose not to to circumvent a content hole. I‘d rather have a content hole than another 2 „releases“ that aren‘t new either. If you want to kill hype, you drip feed over a too long period of time. (Esp. When the hole release has been predicted already... so yeah they‘ll show us a palanquin and maybe another hero in a few weeks, great, what -a- surprise...not) ^^

Lelith: we knew she was coming, sadly no new witches in her style (sleek uniform Drukhari armor)

The SoBattle hero: Was shown twice on release announcements, even her rules are known...

Slaanesh has been dragging out for 3? Months now? While all of the content has already been spotted in the blurry image?

Yawn.

next they‘ll show us a silhouette of 10 more miniatures that are obviously zombies - what-a-surprise...

They should stop the drip feeding during Corona, show the army as a whole and then fill Warcom with battle reports featuring the new army, or one or two new units to keep the interest up.

The rumor engine is suffering as well: The backlog is so full of unsolved images that I simply do not care about it a bit anymore „yeah, some model that might show up within the next two years, who cares?“.

The whole hype machinery is breaking down and doing the reverse since it does not work without rapid releases within short periods of time. They need to rethink this.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1

Some of the slow drip is likely because they are having to move things last moment to later slots. 

What 2 months ago was going to happen in 2 months time is now happening in 3 or 4. Heck don't forget the UK is almost locked out of trade right now due to the new strain of virus and the Brexit mess and I've no idea what's happening with international trade right now, but we've already had at least 2 or 3 international releases delay for different international regions. 

I'm sure as frustrated as we are, GW is even more tormented. They've plans and clearly have lots of new stuff that they want to get their money back on investing in and want us to buy - esp as we are buying veyr hard right now - so they want to tap into the market; but they simply cannot just keep releasing.

Plus at the same time the drip feed is likely at least giving them something to talk about. Otherwise we'd be complaining about "filler articles" with no substance and nothing to keep us engaged. 

• Like 7

I think you're all reading too much into it.

GW just like to slowly tease and drip feed out these things, as well as massively overhype their reveal announcements. People may get frustrated, but they're also kept glued to the Community page, Previews and Events in order to have their suspicions confirmed.

Covid or no I think we'd be discussing this.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

I'd not expect to see the Hellstriders go out of print unless/until GW does a full revamp of the Deamonette side. Hellstiders, Deamonettes, Chariots and Seekers are all built to the same dimensions and style of construction and thus have a lot of parts that swap around between them. So I'd wager if one part of that got updated we'd see the whole line updated in one big go - but honestly whilst some things like scale and deamonette hair, annoy me, the overall quailty is good and they stand up well to modern plastics. So I figure they are very low priority for resculpting and re-releasing. So I'd wager we'll keep them as is for a long while yet.

Now all we need is for GW to break out those Diaz Demaonette moulds for another cast-on demand run ;) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Body fluid god mortals look good!👍

The new seekers design is really on point!

Do I play chaos? HELL NAH DAWG!!😄

Bring on the children of DESTRUCTION!!!!!! 

Come on baaabbby!!! Gorkamorka needs some new toys!!!

Gitz, Ogors, Orruks, Gargants give me it all!! The great Waaagh will purge the Realms in a righteous fire of Krumpin and Stompin!! If we got a new Underworlds Mancrusher? Phwa my wee wallet will burst!!

• Like 2